What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cant stand indica anymore

troutman

Seed Whore
Gonna explain my self, i mean i smoke for over 25 year's. And by these days smoking indica making me nausea and dizzy! My smoke should be only sativa, otherwise i'm not cheering being stone at all anymore.

Well start breeding pure to Sativa dominant plants and get away from pure Indica if that's what you want.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I have tested thousands of different plants over several decades and seldom find any CBN in living plants WLD or NLD, the plants does not directly produce CBN
Interesting. Any theories why overripe cannabis causes sleepiness? Always read it was attributed to CBN, so.... What's the skinny?

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Well start breeding pure to Sativa dominant plants and get away from pure Indica if that's what you want.

Hey budd, yea that what i'm try to do and also i want em' doable outdoor in my montainous area. :D

Not a easy task, but i'm getting somewhere!

Fuel

I've never really appreciated "narcotic hammers", but in aging it become worse. Today i hate weeds that give me the impression to be continuously tired, even for a short period.

psyphish

Veteran
Everyone is different. I used to like soaring speedy sativas, but can't stand them anymore. I just want to melt into a puddle with a grin on my face.

I like strong pot regardless of type. Most of the Sativas and Indicas I have seen throughout my 20 years of growing and smoking are just shit.

One thing I have noticed, is regardless of type, when the cannabis is strong and potent, most don't like it and prefer the low potency pot.

As I have aged, with strong cannabis, regarles of NLD, WLD, or more likely a hybrid, there is a biphasic effect of speedy, slightly confusing front end that drops off to a sedated euphoria at the end. I have slept on the narrowest leaf cultivars out there like a baby.

I think mainly most people prefer weak pot.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Everyone is different. I used to like soaring speedy sativas, but can't stand them anymore. I just want to melt into a puddle with a grin on my face.

Made me laugh, but its true, everyone is different, have different needs, different metabolisms and use cannabis in many different ways, for medicine and therapeutically as a recreational drug.

Sometimes you might want 'to melt into a puddle', and at others 'soar with the eagles'....

It has always amazed me how cannabis can be such a panacea of so many ailments, from one end of the psychological spectrum ...to the other.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
indica is all i CAN smoke, or at least indica dominant hybrids. all sativas i try give me the willies & make my heart race. i don't need energy, i need to be able to go to sleep pain-free.

St. Phatty

Right now I have 2 Sativa dom's & 1 Indica dom, for personal smoke.

Seems like I just plain alternate between them - Apollo 11 for first smoke, Green Crack for second smoke, BlueHB for 3rd smoke ... or maybe more Apollo, but eventually some Indica dom.

Personally, I like Variety, almost as important as Quality.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
indica is all i CAN smoke, or at least indica dominant hybrids. all sativas i try give me the willies & make my heart race. i don't need energy, i need to be able to go to sleep pain-free.
I've found references for years which suggest you should try vaping. Whatever is *missing* in vaping, which drives me to smoke a bowl immediately after, is generally what causes those symptoms. Look around, you'll find a lot of people vaping the same bud they're unable to toke in a bowl/bong. :tiphat:

Cannabis also causes self-reflection, the trigger for 90% of all panic attacks. ;)

Lucky 7

Interesting . . . Sativa afternoons, indica or hybrid like headband mixed at night . . . Some hybrids even leave you with a heavy fade, hate that, blue dream comes to mind

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
By the way, it's not all high who are made for everyone. I saw some friends make the bacon on some well cured thai! :D

Personally, i'm a die haze fan ^

stim

old thread but I am sick of specifically indica dom hybrids these days as well. Sativa seems like the new go to. But I think I will always have a place for pure hindus and affies they are the only indica stone I still enjoy.

Andyo

Veteran
Only sativa now

Only sativa now

pure sativa with a latent narcotic effect.
I did used to smoke hash and afghan weed
I think looking back it was more to sleep n shut out the fact i had a dumb wife .

once i got divorced i certainly used indica to knock me out to sleep for about a year until the decree absolute came through and i dissapeared:biggrin:

Then i changed to sativa.
It actually annoyed me that my customers / sales guys wanted heavy dullard stone indica
There was a marked difference in welsh customers and south east england customers
south east guys where more likley to want sativa/indica hybrids
Or pure sativa
I used to light dep afghan/jamaican hybrids outdoors
It allways sold out fast.A

CaptainDankness

I have tested thousands of different plants over several decades and seldom find any CBN in living plants WLD or NLD, the plants does not directly produce CBN it is a degradation product from THC. Even after storage for a year or two the THC is still almost all found as THCA with little or no CBN, after 2 years the terpenes are mostly gone.
-SamS

Does sound like a myth to me for the most part. Sure you have the expectorant effect when you hear you are smoking Nevil's Haze, but I don't find it much more effective than a good selection of a hybrid.

Not sure about the whole science part, I just don't see a big difference in WLD and NLD. Please tell me Phylos has some idea??

I know a bunch of people went on and on about C99 but to me the high was more of a Skunk hybrid.

Andyo

Veteran
hall of mirrors

hall of mirrors

Weed directly related to your personality.
Very obvious having sold so much various types.A

Latest posts

Latest posts