What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does the starting purity of the solvent matter if distilled/Dehydrated properly?

HenryHill2016

Wondering if the $450 tank of refined hydrocarbons solutions n butane is worth it vs. best value vacs. If distilled and dehydrated, won't the 'dirty' become pure anyways? It so, Anyone know cheapest solvent in the Bay Area or online?

R.Kipling

I believe Ive read that pure N butane will pick up more red pigments. I personally used to run pure N butane and had massive issues with red pigmentation in my distillate possibly due to anthocyanins. But I did find Pure butane gave me higher yields.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wondering if the $450 tank of refined hydrocarbons solutions n butane is worth it vs. best value vacs. If distilled and dehydrated, won't the 'dirty' become pure anyways? It so, Anyone know cheapest solvent in the Bay Area or online?

You should be able to pre-distill your butane to the PPB level.

We use 99.5% Instrument grade from Apis Labs in Eugene, which we distill and filter to 99.99%. They also ship. Coltrane422@gmail.com

Latest posts

Latest posts