What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

Bobbles

Holy shit. Thats one pretty little lady you got there... We definitely need some scratch and sniff computer monitors!

HUGE, alfred, thanks!

D-DK - were the seeds from my release?

thats a good way to run them - because the seedplant will want to grow like a hashplant and the cuts should be easier to train into bushes. im interested to know if you topped the seedplant or not?

VG

I think its the CC from swerves :D

The plant is toppet once, and makes a nice donut bush around my bulp. You can see it in my sig.. Will update soon :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, the plants have been harvested yesterday, at about 9 weeks i think. got some decent final snaps :dance013:

plant 2
picture.php

picture.php

plant 3
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plants 4, maybe this one could have gone a few more days, but the trics were mostly milky with a few amber.. which is when i usually take them.
picture.php

picture.php

2 big bubba plants have also gone to flower yesterday and i'll be pollinating both for more S1 seeds in about 3-4 weeks.

VG

RudeDog

Veteran
Very nice VG. Those flowers look smokeable straight off the plant. Great colours.

Looking forward to reading your smoke reports.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Awesome nuggagry man. I hope a bigger batch will be up in 3 months, too. :D Haven't had any bubba that looks like that since.... '03? '04 maybe. Bunch of pretendo out there. How do I find your stuff on the bay VG? searched your name to no avail...

edit: nevermind just saw where this forum is located :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks RD, yeah looking forward to smoking them :)

whiteberrieS - thats great to hear. as soon as i smoked the cut i have i knew it must be legit. awesome satisfying smoke with real taste.
yeah so i have this little forum here and my seedbay listings will be under 'private breeders' category. i have no listings atm though, the first batch of bubba S1s all went in a couple of hours. i'll post here to let peeps know about the progress of the next batch.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah im afraid so guys, the new plants earmarked for seeds are a week into flower so it wont be too long and hopefully it'll be a bigger batch.

its been frustratingly slow, trying to make more seeds, it seems that the pollen doesnt store well, the bubba is very slow to reverse and produce pollen in the first place (probably because its such a 'stable' cut) and of course its not a hugely fast vegger.

but we will get there... it least we know the resulting plants are good and hopefully you will all regard the seeds as worth waiting for....

thanks in advance for all your patience.

sincerely,

VG

draztik

Veteran
Hey VG, How close do the S1's resemble the original cut? Is the smell and taste similar? Lost my Pre-98 Bubba cut a few months back and I'm trying to find something as close to her as I can.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey draztik check the pics on the previous pages... obviously they are seed plants and not cuts so they are growing in classic hashplant style, but i think they resemble the cut very closely and smell very similar too, one of the plants i grew may even smell better as it has a cheesey edge to it.
if you read through the thread you'll see that those 'in the know' regard the plants as looking totally legit.
i'll come back with a smoke report in a week or so. perhaps i'll get an independent one too from a friend.

VG

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Hey VD...looks great!!! I have been looking around for a pre-98 bubba...now I know who I will be getting them from.

Cheers

TpM

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully, VG has a stellar Bubba Bx1 coming soon as well, not just a fem S1 - fingers crossed for ya!!

dank.Frank