What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

Looking very good :D

I do love it when the bubba starts to show its colors in flower.!

Got 4 of 'em too, from a single seed, running in my cab atm.

Hopefully thinking I hit a nice pheno :D

I'm looking forward to see yours to the end.!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HUGE, alfred, thanks!

D-DK - were the seeds from my release?

thats a good way to run them - because the seedplant will want to grow like a hashplant and the cuts should be easier to train into bushes. im interested to know if you topped the seedplant or not?

VG

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
well one of mine was dried out... and the others didn't pop off? but then again none of the other packs did either,, bad luck... i guess i won't be joining the spoils with you this round verdantgreen, i'll keep in tune though and might catch seeds from a future drop,...... tell me does she have, scents of lemon pledge, or is it all meaty coffee in there?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jaymer, sorry to hear about your seed problems, if none of the packs popped then maybe something bad happened to them in transit? if they dry out at all whilst they are germing then that can be fatal too...
i havent had chance to have a really good whiff of them yet but the time soon come when i will (kids going back to school this week ;) )
interestingly both of the sharksbreath x bubba kush plants i grew (my bubba shush fem cross) came out smelling kind of lemony. the serious smoke tests will come on those soon

cheers

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers J.G! yeah im really impressed by how bubba-like they are. they all smell slightly different but with lots of trade-mark bubba funk

here's plant 2 - i guess we are at 7-8 weeks now...
picture.php

plant 3 - alongside the bubba smell, this seems to have the cheese terpene,:woohoo: ive grown the UK cheese and there is no mistaking this smell. reminds me of parmisan when the plant is in bud. the cheese terpene was always pegged as an afghan trait afaik so this would fit nicely. needless to say this is my favorite atm :dance013:
uk cheese is one of the few cuts with a great taste like bubba has (they both taste great, but different - so the combination might work well )
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plant 4 was the tallest and perhaps has slightly narrower leaves and looks to be the least ripe atm, strong bubba smell developing here too.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

draztik

Veteran
Very cool VerdantGreen! I love the pre-98 and those s1's look amazing. Good luck hope you find a gem.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Coming along very nicely there VG :good:
Makes me want to pop the 4 of your s1 Bubba's I've got ( 1 arrived crushed :cry: )
:plant grow:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks draztik!

b00m, sorry one of your seeds got crushed in transit, im hoping to see some pics of other peeps' S1s soon so dont be shy, pop em!

in other news, there were no seeds in the bubba that i hoped was seeded... which means some of you will have to wait a bit longer.... and i'm gonna have to smoke a lot of 10 week bubba sensi :D. it was a huge plant, i reckon i may have finally got my 1 gpw out of the bubba cut.

so, the situation is that i have another reversed bubba about to drop pollen, and i have two well vegged cuts about to go to flower... so all being well i should have a lot of S1 seeds in 2-3 months. im kind of frustrated that the pollen didnt seem to store and there will be a delay (usually it lasts a year or so for me) , but i guess that the bigger picture is that the pre-98 cut i have reverses well and by the looks of the small test i'm doing you, there should be every chance you will get a choice of keepers from a 5 pack.

thanks in advance for your patience...

VG

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
VG, thanks for the very interesting thread! Actually I was going to reverse my Bubba Kush and wanted information on how well it would represent the original, even started a thread. Then I seen this and I don't know how I missed it, but it answered almost everything I had too ask.

I was wondering if I have true Bubba, the friend I received her from is very reputable, but with so many around, who knows. The pic I posted is my Bubba in a 1 gallon pot vegged for about seven weeks give or take and then in bud for 2 weeks. Any resemblance to yours? Thanks in advance and for the excellent thread.

TGT

Last edited:

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
For some reason the server is not letting me post. I'll try again in a while.

TGT

D

DJXXPLATINUM

thanks VG..i have two paks laid out.....am stoked for sure...thanks again DJ

Hi VG, I have never had the pre98 but my wife says she loved it the one time she smoked it. I have been growing peyote purple for 2 runs now and I am still not sure if I like the soapy terpene profile they all have. The buds have great visual appeal and the high is not a knock out unless you smoke alot but it is relaxing. I would love to support an icmag friend and try out a pure pre98 s1 pack when the time comes that you are able to send some in. Thanks for putting in the effort to make this stuff available to us, I know the seed biz is not all it is cracked up to be.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
VG - Your plants are dead on for my cut of Bubba. Came to me as a clone many years ago but there is no mistaking the similar traits. I have a ton more in my gallery but you get the idea from these. Straight coffee earthy goodness on mine. Cant wait to get your new release of these! Just hope I can getem before they sell out again!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RD, Zoolander, vonbudi - thanks guys!

TGT - i cant see your pic, but if you look in my galleries you will see plenty of bubba pics (of my pre-98 cut)

DJX - good luck with the beans, feel free to post a pic or two when you grow them!

redneck shogun - yeah i wouldnt say the pre-98 is soapy at all, more earthy, coffeeish, it has a smell all of its own really.

Rainman, nice pics!. my cut tends to get more of the zigzag stripe purple leaves that is a bubba trait - but environment plays a big part. ive had mine go all over purple like that too.

im thinking mine will come down next week.. then the smoke testing can start.

VG

D

DJXXPLATINUM

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS RAINMAN......WOW...SOME OF THE BEST PRE 98 BUBBA PICS I HAVE EVER SEEN.....DJ

Latest posts

Latest posts