What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo)

FinFarmer

Bangi Congo X Panama & Malawi day 29 12/12, I think

Bangi Congo X Panama & Malawi day 29 12/12, I think

Some pictures from Ace Seeds girls. It has been almost a month since I flipped the photoperiod.

No bigger problems yet. Malawi still would like to grow some height, so I had to bend few tallest branches down so the lights would not burn them.
I would like to have been able to let the Malawi grow as "natural" as possible after one topping I did already. African lady grows as she likes.
No complains.

Bangi Congo X Panama has stretch her stretching. That must be pretty bad english. Anyways she now concentrates on bud development and I won't complain about that either.

Still using only LEDs. I don't have much experience on growing only with LEDs and I sure would like to be able to give some more light power with HPS lights. Have to wait for that some time. If I could extract air to outdoors temperatures wouldn't be a problem. Not possible unfortunately. Grow space is about 170Cm X 190Cm and I have 4X300W and one 600W Viparspectra LEDs. 4X300W are on top of other plants and 600W for the Ace girls.

EC is about 1.4
pH around 6
air temperature 26°C
Humidity 62%
CO2 650ppm
water temps in hydro 20°C
I like those numbers. Humidity will become a problem later if the weather won't get colder so I could use dehumidifier.

Attachments

• Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10.jpg
    Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Malawi.jpg
    Malawi.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • MalawiClose.jpg
    MalawiClose.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 16
  • BCPClose.jpg
    BCPClose.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13

ULMW

Greetings FinFarmer,
Nice job! The Bangi Congo is much further along than mine. The DWC tech is faster here.
Lovely looking formations running on the plants. All under LEDs too. That's cool. Temps gonna get cooler now so Gavita for the last 4wks???
See you soon. Happy growing!

FinFarmer

Greetings FinFarmer,
Nice job! The Bangi Congo is much further along than mine. The DWC tech is faster here.
Lovely looking formations running on the plants. All under LEDs too. That's cool. Temps gonna get cooler now so Gavita for the last 4wks???
See you soon. Happy growing!

Hello ULMW!

Thanks. Bangi Congo seems to enjoy her DWC bath. LEDs are doing good job also.
I really hope I could run Gavitas for the last month or more, that would make a difference I'm sure even though LEDs are doing fine.
Happy growing!

deepwaterdude

Hello ULMW!

Thanks. Bangi Congo seems to enjoy her DWC bath. LEDs are doing good job also.
I really hope I could run Gavitas for the last month or more, that would make a difference I'm sure even though LEDs are doing fine.
Happy growing!

DWC + LED is a phenomenal combo; no excess heat to bother the root zone, only thing I had to watch out for in winter were water temps too low inhibiting nutrient uptake.

Plants look beautiful!

FinFarmer

DWC + LED is a phenomenal combo; no excess heat to bother the root zone, only thing I had to watch out for in winter were water temps too low inhibiting nutrient uptake.

Plants look beautiful!

Thanks DWD!

LEDs seems to work nicely, but I'm still a bit sceptical with them. If I could afford to invest more money, I would surely get Advanced Platinum LEDs. In my grow room winter is "grow season", the colder the better almost.

I can add more lights if the temps gets too cold and dehumidifier keeps night time temps in check.

FinFarmer

Sorry everyone, it appears that my Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 is actually Bangi Congo X Panama, not the Goddess.

I got the seed from a friend of mine, not straight from the Ace seeds. My friend remember it little wrong, but I'm hoping no one will loose their sleep because of that.

Bangi Congo X Panama it is. And Malawi. It is just Malawi.

ULMW

No worries mate!

You never know it could still be that Goddess but I have seen it written two ways and just asked Dubi to clarify.

Originally I was chasing the Congo #3 x Panama Goddess ,
That had sold out so Luis and Dubi recommened me to try this Bangi Congo x Panama Fem as a replacement and recommened for indoor tent size grows.
Am happy either way, just be nice to Identify properly.
Happy growing

FinFarmer

You never know it could still be that Goddess but I have seen it written two ways and just asked Dubi to clarify.

Originally I was chasing the Congo #3 x Panama Goddess ,
That had sold out so Luis and Dubi recommened me to try this Bangi Congo x Panama Fem as a replacement and recommened for indoor tent size grows.
Am happy either way, just be nice to Identify properly.
Happy growing

Ok!
It is surprisingly suitable for a tent grow it seems. Smaller than I expected which I really like.

FinFarmer

Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama, day 36 12/12

Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama, day 36 12/12

Good evening dear fellow growers.

Time to update some pics and thoughts of the Ace Seeds ladies.

It has been 36 days 12/12 photoperiod and no major worries yet. Some thrips are lurking on leaves but not too many. I have had them for a long time and they always annoys me but don't do much damage, mainly cosmetic issues, I think.
I sometimes spray the plants with organic pyrethrum, but don't like doing that when plants are flowering.

I made a small defoliating two days ago. Took some 15 leaves out off both girls. Defoliating is interesting topic and seems to divide the growers pretty strongly.
I am believer of defoliating if done "properly". I always like to take some old big leaves off after plants stops major stretching and focus on flower production. My tests have shown (not too scientifically accurate ones) that taking some leaves off is best value for something. Taking almost all the leaves off is something I won't do anymore...
Feel free do disagree, this is only may opinion.

Temperature teases me still especially cause there's some burst of late summer warmth here. Almost 20°C day temps outdoor which sure isn't every years case.
So LEDS still in use.

Malawi's smell is gaining up and it is interesting one. Very sweet and noticeably carroty. What I mean is she smells like carrots with some tropical fruit. Very nice.

Bangi Congo X Panama smells very different. Harder to describe than Malawi. I get some spiciness, earthiness and something. I'm not too good at this. Maybe some hash smell also. It might be because I rub my fingers just now to figure out smell and resin gets ruptured in my fingers starting to break trichomes? Smell is nice anyways.

Stretching has stopped on both of plants and Malawi has started to catch on bud production her neighbour.

I think I had loads to write about, but cannot remember anything and the writing gets harder by the letter.
So this is it for now, and later more confusing text.
Later!

Attachments

• BCP Close.jpg
    BCP Close.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 15
  • BCP Top.jpg
    BCP Top.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BCP.jpg
    BCP.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Malawi.jpg
    Malawi.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 16
  • Malawi Close.jpg
    Malawi Close.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 12

FinFarmer

Good evening dear fellow growers.

Time to update some pics and thoughts of the Ace Seeds ladies.

It has been 36 days 12/12 photoperiod and no major worries yet. Some thrips are lurking on leaves but not too many. I have had them for a long time and they always annoys me but don't do much damage, mainly cosmetic issues, I think.
I sometimes spray the plants with organic pyrethrum, but don't like doing that when plants are flowering.

I made a small defoliating two days ago. Took some 15 leaves out off both girls. Defoliating is interesting topic and seems to divide the growers pretty strongly.
I am believer of defoliating if done "properly". I always like to take some old big leaves off after plants stops major stretching and focus on flower production. My tests have shown (not too scientifically accurate ones) that taking some leaves off is best value for something. Taking almost all the leaves off is something I won't do anymore...
Feel free do disagree, this is only may opinion.

Temperature teases me still especially cause there's some burst of late summer warmth here. Almost 20°C day temps outdoor which sure isn't every years case.
So LEDS still in use.

Malawi's smell is gaining up and it is interesting one. Very sweet and noticeably carroty. What I mean is she smells like carrots with some tropical fruit. Very nice.

Bangi Congo X Panama smells very different. Harder to describe than Malawi. I get some spiciness, earthiness and something. I'm not too good at this. Maybe some hash smell also. It might be because I rub my fingers just now to figure out smell and resin gets ruptured in my fingers starting to break trichomes? Smell is nice anyways.

Stretching has stopped on both of plants and Malawi has started to catch on bud production her neighbour.

I think I had loads to write about, but cannot remember anything and the writing gets harder by the letter.
So this is it for now, and later more confusing text.
Later!
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=429418&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=429417&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=429416&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=429415&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=429414&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I forgot to mention which picture is from what plant. I think it reads in big pictures.
Also I don't know why the pictures always comes as doubles or do they? Better stop writing now, English is way too hard to write now.
So long!

deepwaterdude

Looking very good, as usual, FinFarmer;) Anything with the goddess in it is good news.

And your English is better than some of us native anglophones writing on the internet. I had a girlfriend from Jyvaskyla who was such a great linguist that I used to forget she wasn't native speaker and speak rapid fire brooklynese, not knowing until later she only got around 50%... brain gets tired;) Plus I can talk a LOT. Poor thing.

ULMW

FinFarmer, Looking really sweet and tuned in nicely there! Wow for a 4weeks into flower the bangi congo x panama is really filling in quicker than my one. I think we have two phenos running perhaps? Mine are just at the third week but still more focused in the spear tip tops than on long runs filling up the bud. Interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks. Your Malawi also seems different to the one I had too. Maybe it is the fruity pheno or the New Killer ? Am sure she will be delicious whatever way.
Have a good week, see you soon. Happy growing!

FinFarmer

Looking very good, as usual, FinFarmer;) Anything with the goddess in it is good news.

And your English is better than some of us native anglophones writing on the internet. I had a girlfriend from Jyvaskyla who was such a great linguist that I used to forget she wasn't native speaker and speak rapid fire brooklynese, not knowing until later she only got around 50%... brain gets tired;) Plus I can talk a LOT. Poor thing.

Thanks Deepwaterdude!

:) poor thing!
I normally speak English almost daily bases at my work even though I live in small town in Finland. Writing is many times different story, especially this time because I was under influence of Ace Seeds Panama that I got from a friend of mine. Many thanks to this gentleman!
Great stuff!

FinFarmer

FinFarmer, Looking really sweet and tuned in nicely there! Wow for a 4weeks into flower the bangi congo x panama is really filling in quicker than my one. I think we have two phenos running perhaps? Mine are just at the third week but still more focused in the spear tip tops than on long runs filling up the bud. Interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks. Your Malawi also seems different to the one I had too. Maybe it is the fruity pheno or the New Killer ? Am sure she will be delicious whatever way.
Have a good week, see you soon. Happy growing!

Yeah, different phenotypes or genotypes would explain a lot. Of course you grow in coco and I prefer DWC and that have to be one part of the story.
Do you remember did your Malawi smelled like super sweet carrots at this stage, about 5 week mark? I have never grown any Malawi originated strains before, not many African strains at all actually now that I think about it. So I don't know what to expect...

Surprisingly easygoing girls. Don't need much pampering. I guess the genes are excellent in these strains.
See you soon ULWM!

By the way... small story:
I had planted 7 seed few days ago, labeled them and so on. Three days ago I was lifting the plate I had the seeds to a better place and shit, I dropped everything :)
Seeds stayed in Root Riots but labels were "gone". Now I only know which is Blue Dream, all others are a mystery. There's ChemDawg, Girls Scout Cookies, Schnazzleberry #3 (fuck...), Ace of Pades and what not who knows in what place.
Damn me.

ULMW

Yeah, different phenotypes or genotypes would explain a lot. Of course you grow in coco and I prefer DWC and that have to be one part of the story.
Do you remember did your Malawi smelled like super sweet carrots at this stage, about 5 week mark? I have never grown any Malawi originated strains before, not many African strains at all actually now that I think about it. So I don't know what to expect...

Surprisingly easygoing girls. Don't need much pampering. I guess the genes are excellent in these strains.
See you soon ULWM!

By the way... small story:
I had planted 7 seed few days ago, labeled them and so on. Three days ago I was lifting the plate I had the seeds to a better place and shit, I dropped everything :)
Seeds stayed in Root Riots but labels were "gone". Now I only know which is Blue Dream, all others are a mystery. There's ChemDawg, Girls Scout Cookies, Schnazzleberry #3 (fuck...), Ace of Pades and what not who knows in what place.
Damn me.

FinFarmer, Sorry to hear the "butter fingers" incident. Am sure they will sort out when dem leaves show. The ones you have that I can Identify I will try to.
Regarding the Malawi , I got sharp resiny peaks each tent opening from her. She had a woody scent which just grounds me to Afreekan herbs.
The Zamaldelica had some of that carrotyness at times but also ranged from veg to fruit and floral roses even.
Yes, Ace Seeds Genetics and the expert breeders heartikal intetest and love for the plant is always present. :party: :thank you:
Yes DWC vs Coco and the phenos make for some interesting results and research material. Now mine is putting out some lemony scent like the Panama you just tried... :laughing:
See you soon. Happy growing.

FinFarmer

FinFarmer, Sorry to hear the "butter fingers" incident. Am sure they will sort out when dem leaves show. The ones you have that I can Identify I will try to.
Regarding the Malawi , I got sharp resiny peaks each tent opening from her. She had a woody scent which just grounds me to Afreekan herbs.
The Zamaldelica had some of that carrotyness at times but also ranged from veg to fruit and floral roses even.
Yes, Ace Seeds Genetics and the expert breeders heartikal intetest and love for the plant is always present. :party: :thank you:
Yes DWC vs Coco and the phenos make for some interesting results and research material. Now mine is putting out some lemony scent like the Panama you just tried... :laughing:
See you soon. Happy growing.

I appreciate your help, thanks!
I'm sure schnazzleberry #3 will stand out when flowering and perhaps Ace of Spades. Others too at some point I believe.
Problem is I would like to take some cuttings before flowering from some plants. TGA's Ace of Spades are also regular seeds...
Well we live and we learn or get used to our mistakes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi FinFarmer,

Both sativa strains are looking great in your tent. :)
I wouldn't spray with pyrethrins or with other natural insecticides with strong odor (like neem) now in flowering. To try to stop the thrips you can use light blue adhesive strips, it will help a lot to lower down the number of the thrips populations, without spray anything over your plants.

Sweet carrot aromas are my favourite terpene profile to be found in Malawi line. ;)
The earthy hashy in your Bangi Congo x Panama Goddess comes without any doubt from the Bangi Congo parental plant, Panama Goddess has a very distinctive lemony/incensey terpene profile.

Thanks for the updates and best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts