What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

I don't know what these giant OPC'S will yield but I don't think I could have been more wrong when I initially said I didn't think they would yield all that great. There are big giant spear shaped buds at the end of each branch, the branches are being weighed down and flopping all over the place. Make no mistake about it these are big plants and if I were growing them for maximum size and yield I might have only 2 underneath a 1000 watt bulb. You could scrog these things underneath one bulb and get a monster. They are definitely dominating the room and are pretty much holding each other up. I need to buy more stakes.

EvergreenState

Thanks GG. Two more pics. of the weight gaining OPCS and 2 pics. of the Congo, one nearly finished (waiting on a little amber to show) and one that is maybe a couple of weeks behind that one. The big leaf Deep Chunk dominant Congo is the slowest of the Congo's but not that far behind.
Still feeding the OPC'S one half teaspoon of Foliage Pro per gallon at each watering, the Congo's and the HSO 707 Headband are getting water only. The Headband appears to be about as far along as the big leaf Congo.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Amber has arrived. Chop Chop Day 48- Back to the Congo #1

Amber has arrived. Chop Chop Day 48- Back to the Congo #1

This is a very consistant, high quality strain; easy to grow, beautiful smell, only way to describe the smell is Dank, great high and a fast finisher. I'll be cutting it down today and get you folks a wet weight soon.
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Congo #1

Congo #1

After looking at Congo #1 more carefully I realized that the lower mids and lowers weren't ready. So I only harvested the buds that were ready.
I should have topped these to get more bud growth on the lower or longer branches. Also I would normally let those veg. for 60 days in a much larger pot instead of 35 days in a 1 gallon pot and I would have had a much larger plant with a much higher yield. So don't go by my yields on the Congo! A better grower with better skills at training the plant would be able to do much better with regards to yield as well. At the very least these should be topped once.
As regards to quality you know you have a healthy plant when your trimming it and you feel like you need to be wearing a respirator and goggles. The odors coming off of this plant are very strong. I was coughing and my eyes were watering. I had to take two breaks because it was kicking my ass.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Day 52 Back to the Congo chunkier than the early finishing pheno I already harvested but not fat leaf and foul smelling stinky like the Deep Chunk pheno. A pleasant fruity fragrance.
picture.php

EvergreenState

OPC DAY 52. Getting really heavy on top and starting to flop over. I'm going to rig some screws in the walls with string tied to the plants to hold them up. Getting fat and heavy.
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Day 52 HUMBOLT SEED ORGANIZATION 707 HEADBAND This was a freebie and I gotta tell ya that I like this plant a lot. I'm impressed with HSO and I'll be purchasing some of their stuff in the future. This was only vegged for 35 days and it needed to go 60 days but it has grown really well in flower and has filled out much better than expected. It was pretty small coming out of veg. and needed more time.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Thanks GT. I'm trying to do your OPC'S proud. They really are pretty magnificent plants. The size is so much fun to look at when I go in the room every morning. I feel proud looking at those big beautiful plants that I'm helping grow. Now the buds are getting so full, fat and heavy. A real joy to grow.

EvergreenState

GT I'm also having to tie up most of the branches because the big, heavy buds at the end of the branches are making them flop over. I like a plant that gives me a challenge.
On another subject, I just finished watching The Lost City of Z on Amazon. It's damn hard to say any video or cinema piece these days is a beautiful piece of art but this is. The writing, acting, the direction, the cinematography, the subject all come together to give you a movie that is not only beautiful to watch but the writing has real depth. Produced by Brad Pitt and he put together the best movie I've seen in a long time. 5*.

EvergreenState

OPC photos- The top photo is a midlevel bud. The focal length on a smartphone is about 28mm which is pretty wide angle. That wide of an angle gives you a skewed perspectice. In other words things don't look as long or as wide as they would with a normal perspective. A normal perspective camera focal length is about 42mm and with that perspective things look very much how your eye naturally sees the object. This midlevel bud is about 5 inches long.
The lower photo is the top bud on one of the OPC'S.
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Back to the Congo. The top two photos are lower buds that were left on the plant to finish ripening after I harvested the top half of Back to the Congo #1. The bottom photo is the top bud on Back to the Congo #3. BTTC #3 is the plant that is a mix of number 1 and number 2 which is the Deep Chunk pheno.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

I think I recall reading on Golden Tree's diary of his grow of the OPC, I think I saw that on another site that I found when I did a search to see if anyone else had grown the OPC and how their grow went. He may have done a grow diary here for the OPC also; anyway I believe he said he harvested plants between 11-14 weeks. Mine are now at 7.5 weeks and I can easily see them going another month to a month and a half, at least, depending on how each particular plant looks. One looks like it will finish in the 11-12 week range and the others, well, we will see.:biggrin: