What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

good job Texicwaste666 !! this will induce an explosive flowering without loosing control of plant size more air and healthier buds
Thanks Akirabull, all good advice is welcome here. I still have a bit to do down there but for the most part it is clear now. None have started showing hairs yet, so still in time hopefully.

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update

Malawi Update

I hope more people that are watching my grow will chime in with critique or advice. I am new to using coco. I have been running DWC, but I think I like this DTW system I put together better. I like the idea of not recirculating plant waste back into them from res. None of my girls sit in their own waste because I have them on risers, waste goes under and out. I use less water, less nutes, and can treat each plant individually. As for which system is the best, that is up to the user and the results. I always welcome comments and advice.

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update new pics

Malawi Update new pics

This scrog is really filling up but I have it under control. The Malawi are showing some white hairs on some so in the next week they should start to bud up. Transition.

day 40 from seed, day 12 bloom cycle.jpg

chem 91 no1.jpg

Last edited:

ULMW

Texicwaste666,
Nice Malawi and scrog set up. Yes drain to waste is much easier to rid build up inbalances and gives back the farmer a bit more control over feedings.
I have just topped my Malawi and also another Panama which will run in flowering in 3 or 4 weeks time. Currently running 2 Auto CBGs and 1 Violeta , a Zamaldelica and a Thai chiang mai x kalichina. I really love the Ace genes and finding the grows very rewarding. Look forward to watching your grow develop. I have taken clones from my Zamaldelicas and Thai plant to run alongside the mothers which are 3 wks into flower now. I will take clones from my second topping of the Malawi and the Panama fems that I have in veg now. Then run the clones and mothers once my flower tent frees some space in July /Aug.
Happy growing! Feel free to ask any questions on here as there is a great community of farmers. Ace is the place !

Texicwaste666

Texicwaste666,
Nice Malawi and scrog set up. Yes drain to waste is much easier to rid build up inbalances and gives back the farmer a bit more control over feedings.
I have just topped my Malawi and also another Panama which will run in flowering in 3 or 4 weeks time. Currently running 2 Auto CBGs and 1 Violeta , a Zamaldelica and a Thai chiang mai x kalichina. I really love the Ace genes and finding the grows very rewarding. Look forward to watching your grow develop. I have taken clones from my Zamaldelicas and Thai plant to run alongside the mothers which are 3 wks into flower now. I will take clones from my second topping of the Malawi and the Panama fems that I have in veg now. Then run the clones and mothers once my flower tent frees some space in July /Aug.
Happy growing! Feel free to ask any questions on here as there is a great community of farmers. Ace is the place !
Thanks for looking in. I will sub your grow to keep up. I want to see how those Zam's do in a scrog but the Malawi were more enticing so I went with them and the Chems. Next time I will run my Malawi x PCK, and sex out a Chem91 male and cross 'em.

Texicwaste666

Looking excellent, T. How long do the Chems go generally?
Chems will really start to fatten up after next week, they usually run about 9 weeks from start of bloom, but I go by the trichs. I pull when I have about 10% amber or less if I can keep it cloudy. these things really get stinky and strong. powerful shit. Get from Great Lakes Genetics, Insane Seed Posse. They are to Chemdawg ( O G Kush, NY Diesel) what Ace is to Malawi. Super strong stems, no need for any strings.

Texicwaste666

Malawi report

Malawi report

Third week of transition (12.5/11.5) coming up tomorrow so I am boosting my HPS this week to 1k, and upping the nutes to 750 PPM. Botanicare uses the 700 scale for EC, so I am still staying low and the plants are looking good for it. I will start to run tea mixed with the CNS tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow or Tues. Plants are showing now, so no more need to train stems through the scrog. The Malawi did not go as crazy as I thought it might so next time I will give it an extra week of veg.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

The Malawi did not go as crazy as I thought it might so next time I will give it an extra week of veg.

Careful, they still might give you what you wish for;) I've seen some stretch slow and steady over 4-5 weeks. That said, you've got massive light on 'em so maybe they'll behave better. Looking very good, and those Chems sound and look phenomenal. Thanks for the tip, dwd

Texicwaste666

Careful, they still might give you what you wish for;) I've seen some stretch slow and steady over 4-5 weeks. That said, you've got massive light on 'em so maybe they'll behave better. Looking very good, and those Chems sound and look phenomenal. Thanks for the tip, dwd
when did yours go full on into flower? and, how long till you cut em down? Chem's will be done mid Aug, just showing little budetts, hard to tell on the Malawi.

Latest posts

Latest posts