What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bit of an update. I am close to harvesting a couple from my winter micro sog and the smells coming out of these crosses are amazing.

Zam / More cowbell: spicey tropical smells. Frosty and stocky.
Zam/ Apollo 11: Pineapple cheetos smells on top of the Zam terps. Yum
Zam/Panama: Oh man, peachy mango bliss....

The more cowbell and apollo 11 have massively reduced the flowering time but the Zam has added to the vigor. Really looking forward to how they smoke! The Zam/Pam has a few more weeks and also going to be a wonderful realm.

Satori/Zam into flower now at just 1 week. I am very very very excited to see how these turn out.

Smoke reports on all these to follow when ready!

Those hybrids sound very very nice nksv :)
Mango smelling haze/skunk from Sam would produce a great hybrid with Zamaldelica elite line (mango and sweet carrots).

Would love to see some pics of the flowers of the hybrids if you have the chance!

nksv

Thanks Dubi, yeah they are extremely nice!

I sampled the More Cowbell/ Zam last night and it's AMAZING. Zamaldelica just adds this extra dimensional sativa quality to everything. Really euphoric and strong combo. Going to try the Apollo cross tonight. I didn't get pics at harvest but will get some of the buds soon. The Apollo cross is really frosty. The structure of the More Cowbell/Zam with the Hash Plant genetics makes it perfect for SOG/ indoor and hugely reduces the flowering time but keeps the potency and magic alive!

And yeah the haze/skunk cross was my first cross with Zam and it came out great. Had a slight mushroom feel to it, trippy and wonderful.

I have f2'd my zamalidelicas so I can further explore the magic. That shit is fairy dust when combining with other solid genetics! haha! In fact every time i try one of these crosses I am saying to myself 'oh my, this is my holy grail strain!' haha.

Thanks for the creation of the mighty Zamaldelica, I feel like a true canna-alchemist working with it.

nksv

I think the apollo 11 / zam I pulled a little early. Not as potent as I expected but still a wonderful smoke. Super positive, astral mind car wash - really clear. I have another still in flower thankfully, as I did have a feeling I was being greedy picking this one too early! So I think the next bunch will pack more of a punch.

i finished up the session with another rip of the More Cowbell/ Zam cross and can conclude this is probably one of my favorite smokes of all time. She just powered through the Apollo 11/Zam effects with an incredibly euphoric high with that' I am totally and utterly connected to the universe' effect. haha. woah.

Panama/Zam is stealing the show indoor at the moment. The frost and smell on her is amazing. But gotta wait more for her which is fine by me.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Zamaldelica male x Nl5hz female
She slowly blossoms, gives off a clear smell of pepper, very pleasant, the shape of the flower reminds me of the mother(Nl5 x haze), as well as the structure of the plant in general, but for now it has much less resin than mom, and that smell of pepper and spices is really seductive for me ...
PS note the signs of mites and other insects that have tormented in recent months my beautiful ladies. ...
picture.php

nksv

had to pull two of the Zam/Panama due to hermi. My fault, the conditions are a little rough and I was away and they were a little stressed. There's another two still going strong though. These ladies have been flowering for ages now, haha. No idea what week I am on now, just going with the flow but I expect about 2 more weeks. They're developing well and I don't really do anything fancy with them. Worm juice here and there etc...

So in saying that the two I pulled needed a couple more weeks but after having a trial smoke of them, without a cure, this cross is absolutely amazing. Really strong tropical fruit smells with incense. I was really surprised to find out these early cuts were super strong and quite trippy. So far the strongest of the crosses I've done and that's saying a lot. I cannot wait for the non-hermie batch to finish up and see what happens. Zam/Panama rules....it messed me up for the entire next day. ha!

So Jung

Hey everyone.

What would be the smallest size pot I could use to put a Zamaldelica male in flowering giving me just a little bit of pollen?

Can I manage to keep it low at 30-40cm(12-15inch) with LST ?

I would like to use a small box for it but the height is limited, and Im not really confident I could do it with a sativa strain like Zamal.

How do you make your pollen guyz ? Thanks for the help

nksv

hey So Jung, all my experiments with crossing Zams have been in a super ghetto micro set up. And I mean flowering these sativas in 2l milk bottles! Obviously don't veg too long. The other thing I just did with great success is make my own air pots. I bought some small square nursery pots, they would really only be 300ml and drilled holes all over them. It's working a treat. In fact I've been keeping my Zamaldelica f2s vegging in them for almost 2 months and it's totally working.

so with your height issue, just make a small clone and when its rooted nicely, just a day or so, put him straight into flower. now, if he does get a bit tall you can use some metal wiring to bend. I had to do that with the aforemetioned panama/zam. my height is super limited but I have been growing sativas in there for a few years now and now making my own crosses in set ups folks would say 'no way ya grow a sativa in there'...but, yeah, you can. The genetics are super solid, I have really pushed them and have rarely gotten hermies. And it's really cool when you pull it off.

green-genes77

Veteran
Aurora Indica x Zamaldelica

Aurora Indica x Zamaldelica

These make super fine plants with a totally unique terpene profile full of chives and citrus! They'll need to brave the rains for a couple weeks to mature here but the indoor test run resulted in buds so soaring and potent they made my head spin!

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
These make super fine plants with a totally unique terpene profile full of chives and citrus! They'll need to brave the rains for a couple weeks to mature here but the indoor test run resulted in buds so soaring and potent they made my head spin!

View Image
Interesting cross!
I remember aurora indica in early 2000 was a powerful strain, with a big blue-purple buds....

SolarLogos

Well done Green. They look healthy, happy and looks mostly sativa. Chives and citrus is interesting. You'll have to give us a smoke report or let us know how the terpene profile smells and tastes after some curing.
Peace, God bless

nksv

I love to hear how those smoke green-genes. I don't have a full on indica in my stable so it'd be cool to see how the zam and aurora go together. I know that Zam adds the fairy dust to crosses. Plus you'll have that shorter stature with, hopefully, the Zam vigor.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Nl/haze x zamaldelica
It is still drying, slightly pollinated by the male Honduras ...
It gives off a good scent, of spices ...t is still drying, slightly pollinated by the male Honduras ...
It gives off a good scent, of spices ...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nl5hz x zamaldelica is looking tasty WillyD.. Nice work..!!

Here's my Destroyer x Zam(Thai Pheno MALE)..
She's pretty washed-out under the HPS lamps so I threw a filter on it from Photo Editor..

She was dusted with my GT male... cross should be interesting...!!

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I think the apollo 11 / zam I pulled a little early. Not as potent as I expected but still a wonderful smoke. Super positive, astral mind car wash - really clear. I have another still in flower thankfully, as I did have a feeling I was being greedy picking this one too early! So I think the next bunch will pack more of a punch.

i finished up the session with another rip of the More Cowbell/ Zam cross and can conclude this is probably one of my favorite smokes of all time. She just powered through the Apollo 11/Zam effects with an incredibly euphoric high with that' I am totally and utterly connected to the universe' effect. haha. woah.

Panama/Zam is stealing the show indoor at the moment. The frost and smell on her is amazing. But gotta wait more for her which is fine by me.

Hi nksv,

A pleasure to read the nice smoke reports on your Zamaldelica hybrids. Not sure how is Apollo 11 nowadays, but the original release had an amazing super clear and enhancing/up effect of the highest order, and a lovely lemony refined terpene profile and a great bag appeal as well, .... i remember smoking original Apollo 11 with friends for the whole night chatting and chatting without feel any sight of tiredness ... very few strains have such refreshing effects, only found it with that refreshing quality in pure Thai Koh Chang. If current Apollo 11 still preserves that kind of effect and you managed to blend a good electric, uplifting and mood enhancer Zamaldelica with her then the results could be stellar for sativas lovers.

The Panama/Zamaldelica regular hybrid had huge potential but unfortunately it got some hermie tendencies from the Zamaldelica F1 male. We have recently produced the opposite hybrid in feminized format with Zamaldelica elite as mother and Panama Goddess reversed as a male. I expect much more quality and consistency in this new Zamaldelica/Panama fem hybrid, and hopefully none or very little hermie traits this time. It's a hybrid i would like to release one day if i'm sure i managed to find the right parental plants for the outcross.

Glad to hear the More Cowbell/ Zam cross produced some of your all time favorite smokes ... i didn't expect that on a cross of Zamaldelica with Hashplants and Cookies.... but you never know until try it ;) Enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest posts