What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Although buds look close to pure Ethiopian (small hairy balls), I don't know if effect is pure ethiopian or not as I haven't tested pure ethiopian yet...

I wasn't expecting the potency and effect of the buds pictured, dunno if honduras genes were mixed or not, but the effect is top notch for daytime: extremely blissful, active, alert but relaxed... lasts like 3 hours which taking into account my high tolerance means there's potency! tops up nicely too.

Nice herbal with a citric touch aroma.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks hard raind and repuk :)

Pleased to hear you are enjoying so much with the pure Ethiopian and its hybrids! :tiphat:
The hybrids are much stronger, but in pure form the ethiopian effect also has a unique quality to it that pure sativa and landrace sativa lovers know how to appreciate ;)

xtsho

So for my next ACE grow I decided to pop the pack of Ethiopian I have. It was a 5 pack but there were 6 seeds in it so thank you ACE for the extra seed. I planted all 6 and all 6 sprouted although one is just barely popping out of the soil. So 6 out of 6 sprouted and I'm hoping for both males and females.

Is there anyway to know which release I have from the date on the seed pack? It says packing date 16/09/16. I'm happy with whatever release the seeds are. I'm just curious.

After these Ethiopians the next thing I'm going to grow from ACE is a pack of Guatemala I have which don't appear to be available anymore.

You can't see it in the picture but the seed in the top right pot is just starting to break the surface. Some of the seedlings are not in the middle of the pots. I kind of spilled them a little so things got moved around. But in the end all the seeds germinated and are growing. I'll center them in the larger pots I transfer them to.

ethiopianstarts.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi xtsho

Glad to see you starting your Ethiopian seeds :) There has been only one Ethiopian seed reproduction (P3) so your seeds come from from the same seed lots that other growers have been experiencing since it was released for the first time.

Pure Guatemala is temporarily discontinued (already for 2-3 years) until we can work on a new reproduction of the strain, now we are busy working on the preservation of other landraces not explored yet so the Guatemala re stock is not going to happen in short term. Good luck with them!

Last edited:

xtsho

Hi xtsho

Glad to see you starting your Ethiopian seeds :) There has been only one Ethiopian seed reproduction (P2) so your seeds come from from the same seed lots that other growers have been experiencing since it was released for the first time.

Pure Guatemala is temporarily discontinued (already for 2-3 years) until we can work on a new reproduction of the strain, now we are busy working on the preservation of other landraces not explored yet so the Guatemala re stock is not going to happen in short term. Good luck with them!

I'm glad I got Guatemala when I did and am looking forward to the Ethiopian.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'm thinking on certain new arrived tenant on a certain rural house... must be freaking out with all the "wild" cannabis sprouting around :biggrin:

need4weed

Veteran
Is there much difference between the Ethiopian line and the Honduras line in terms of effect, potency and duration of buzz?

xtsho

The Ethiopians are doing pretty good so far. I have them under a 4 ft 4 bulb high output T5 with 6500k bulbs so they are staying nice and short. They have 3 nodes below the tops so I'm going to transplant them and put them into the flower tent in the next couple of days. I'm probably going to do some significant training so they don't get too much out of hand.

Now just the long wait to sample this African sativa.

ethiopianstarts1.jpg

OZZ_

Veteran
The Ethiopians are doing pretty good so far. I have them under a 4 ft 4 bulb high output T5 with 6500k bulbs so they are staying nice and short. They have 3 nodes below the tops so I'm going to transplant them and put them into the flower tent in the next couple of days. I'm probably going to do some significant training so they don't get too much out of hand.

Now just the long wait to sample this African sativa.

View Image

Love T5s for veg.... looks like those Ethiopians are staying pretty manageable so far which is promising for indoor growers. Maybe in flowering it will be a different story altogether however lol :biggrin:

Is there much difference between the Ethiopian line and the Honduras line in terms of effect, potency and duration of buzz?

^^^^^ this is a great question, I’d like to know the answer to this as well as Honduras and Ethiopian are the two lines I’ve been eyeing for a super functional line with no comedown. Banghi is probably in there too but I have a feeling Honduras and Ethiopian fit more purely into that category. :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good luck with the Ethiopians xtsho :)

I think you will find them easier to grow than Oldtimer's Haze, 1 month of shorter flowering.

need4weed

Veteran
Love T5s for veg.... looks like those Ethiopians are staying pretty manageable so far which is promising for indoor growers. Maybe in flowering it will be a different story altogether however lol :biggrin:

^^^^^ this is a great question, I’d like to know the answer to this as well as Honduras and Ethiopian are the two lines I’ve been eyeing for a super functional line with no comedown. Banghi is probably in there too but I have a feeling Honduras and Ethiopian fit more purely into that category. :tiphat:

C'mon Dubi, chime in please mate

ULMW

C'mon Dubi, chime in please mate

Greetings Need4weed.
Thanks for the question. I would suggest you read the Honduras and Ethiopian descriptions on Aces website for full strain chemistry and detailed information on terpenes profiles, THC and CBD as well as the description of the high each strain provides. Ace Seeds is one of the few places that delivers on its writings. What they write, the plant does. One of the many reasons I love to grow Ace Seeds.
Personally I can easily explain the Ethiopian, as I lived in Ethiopia and farmed for 7 years there outdoors. So that plant I can easily relate to and explain. It has a gentle and mild high by many peoples standards. However it has a unique terpenes profile and a great well being uplifting high that lasts a good few hours. When smoked in higher amounts the effect becomes stronger. I have not grown the Honduras but read about it here quite a lot and note it has a stronger effect and no ceiling high which many find very appealing.
Size wize I think they both can grow into very large plants.. So now I guess you just have to try and make a choice or as many of us, just get them both and try them all and find your favorites. Happy Growing! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi need4weed,

I think i have described many times the qualities of the effects of pure Honduras and pure Ethiopian in this room. Both are very energetic, clear, non ceiling, non dirty .... both have similar chemotypes also, moderate THC content with very little or null CBD content. The duration is short/moderate compared with hybrids, but the effects fade with very little psychological or physical down.

Overall, pure Honduras is pure energy, adrenalinic type of effect, especially the yellow/brownish Mexican phenos, the purple more Colombian phenos are stronger with more body to it.
Most Ethiopians have quite similar effects compared with the Mexican Honduras expressions, although the best and strongest Ethiopians have a psychedelic more sensorial effect not found in Honduras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4weed

need4weed

Veteran
Thanks dubi for cleaning that up. I had read the descriptions on both, I'm not that lazy but to me when reading about the effects they sound almost similar. Hard to differentiate between the two lines

xtsho

So the Ethiopians have been in the flower tent since 6-7-20 and are showing sex. In fact out of the 5 I put in the flower tent 1 is male and forming pollen sacs. I'm going to move it to another location to collect the pollen. 3 plants are female and the 4th is likely female. I'm 90% sure it is. The runt plant is outside in a small nursery pot on the patio. I'm going to transplant it into a bigger pot today.

I had to do some training by tying the top down and some supercropping. They were topped once as well.

The Ethiopian is a light feeder for sure. I planted them in some soil I mixed myself and have good results. I think it's a little too hot for the Ethiopian. I've not fed them anything and they are quite dark green with some slight clawing of some of the leaves. The new growth is fine so as they get bigger they should be fine. I'm not planning on feeding anything for a while.

I'm going to pollinate one or 2 of the females. I want to make more seeds of the Ethiopian but I also want to make some other crosses. I have a male PCK/Durban F4 about ready to drop pollen and I have some PCK/Durban F3 + Panama/Indica Ruderalis pollen in the freezer. I also have a male PCK/Durban F3 + Mazar I Sharif that just started dropping pollen as well.

Now all there is to do is wait.

ethiopian625a.jpg

ethiopian625b.jpg

ethiopianrunt.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi xtsho,

Glad to hear you have had a high female ratio on your Ethiopians and that you have plans for the male ;) You are right, looks like they have enough nutrients at this point, better not to feed them in short term to avoid overfeedings and overstretching in early flowering. Later when the females are really starting to flower you can start with the feeding for the flowering. We will see then. Best wishes!

snel

picture.php

picture.php

This is my second attempt at Ethiopian! The first failed and this one had had its challenges! I had to give this plant to a friend to finish off for me. When I gave her end July, she’d had about 4 weeks flower from a 7 day veg!
I did mention she might keep stretching a bit.... had no idea this would be the outcome lol
This is about 10 weeks flower I think. Hopefully she can get about 15-17 weeks ... can’t wait to try her out

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi snel,

If you are growing tropical sativas with hybrids in an indoor tent then it's much more convenient to flower the tropical sativas from clones, otherwise they will take their sweet time to start the real flowering until reaching their sexual maturity usually overgrowing the place. They flower much faster and stay shorter from clones rather than from seed.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
I love Ethiopian

Coming up on my 4th harvest of this strain. This time around I am also doing a Malawi Gold run and brushed Ethiopian with it. I already have the Ethiopian x Malawi from Ace so I don't feel the need to cross my Ace Malawi with my Ethiopian.

It's in a 5 gallon bucket but only has 3 gallons of soil

The other one is in a 3.5 gallon but its in the back right now so I can't get a clean pic

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to know you are on your 4th pure Ethiopian grow :dance013: Thanks also for supporting the more recent Ethiopia x Malawi F1 release!