What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Shua1991

Shua I like having a speedy pot on hand to get stuff done but I wouldn't say super speedy is something I would consider for best pot ever. Did it get you high? Really high?
It made me feel like I could run a marathon, excellent for exercise/sex although I mostly just ended up cleaning my apartment and running errands. I couldn't sleep for hours after smoking it, it triggered the silliest thought patterns and a happy-go-lucky mood, some phenos just made me space out staring staring at my apartment walls, stupefied, this pheno made working easy, a real wake and bake/motivational type of effect and it required so little to achieve the desired effect, like I was rolling .5g joints and would be high for 5 hours, not kidding it was the longest lasting effect I've ever had. I've never done "speed" or cocaine before but since I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child I was prescribed Ritalin which "calms" people with adhd rather than its usual stimulant effects, golden tiger is one of a few cannabis varieties that really stimulates me, some hazes do this just not as dopamine boosting/happy in effect or zero paranoia like the GT. A friend of mine I gave samples to sent me a text telling me he couldn't talk at a family dinner and broke out in laughter several times when relatives tried having conversation with him, he still talks about how he'd never do that again. It didn't trigger munchies either, the strangest thing too, all the other phenos of golden tiger gave me hardcore munchies/appetite, not this one plant though.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
It made me feel like I could run a marathon, excellent for exercise/sex although I mostly just ended up cleaning my apartment and running errands. I couldn't sleep for hours after smoking it, it triggered the silliest thought patterns and a happy-go-lucky mood, some phenos just made me space out staring staring at my apartment walls, stupefied, this pheno made working easy, a real wake and bake/motivational type of effect and it required so little to achieve the desired effect, like I was rolling .5g joints and would be high for 5 hours, not kidding it was the longest lasting effect I've ever had. I've never done "speed" or cocaine before but since I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child I was prescribed Ritalin which "calms" people with adhd rather than its usual stimulant effects, golden tiger is one of a few cannabis varieties that really stimulates me, some hazes do this just not as dopamine boosting/happy in effect or zero paranoia like the GT. A friend of mine I gave samples to sent me a text telling me he couldn't talk at a family dinner and broke out in laughter several times when relatives tried having conversation with him, he still talks about how he'd never do that again. It didn't trigger munchies either, the strangest thing too, all the other phenos of golden tiger gave me hardcore munchies/appetite, not this one plant though.

I’m guessing it was a Meo Thai leaner from everything you’ve said, but I could be way off base here.

JustGrowing420

@Shua1991 I can relate to that effect very well I think, I would describe mine it as constantly feeling you are on the onset of a psychedelic trip (mushrooms or lsd) rather than speedy, it was not edgy and harsh for me.
The feeling of energy around the stomach, changing thought patterns and so alert and aware of your environment, internal and external.
I also did not notice that I was unable to sleep after smoking mine.

Nice that you said about nutty flavor as I was detecting some sesame oil notes as it cured and wondering if it is in my mind haha

Agreed on the more malawi phenos being stupefying and silly potent, so Thai leaning is where it's at :biggrin:

iTarzan

It is Thanksgiving Day at 42N on November 24, 2022 in Pennsylvania, USA and a sativa, not just a sativa, a long flowering Thai hybrid Golden Tiger is alive and well in a cheap plastic greenhouse with an oil filled electric heater I bought on sale 5 years ago for $19.

One has mostly white pistils, one has a few brown ones and one has mostly brown withered ones. They all have cloudy trichomes. Do you think I should harvest any of them? I can easily go another week or so with temps.
Thoughts...

I might just harvest them all on December 1 just to say I made it until December. I think they are harvestable now.

DSCN3607.jpeg
DSCN3608.jpeg
DSCN3609.jpeg
DSCN3610.jpeg
DSCN3611.jpeg
DSCN3612.jpeg

FletchF.Fletch

The dates are like Windows of opportunity. If something looks ready during, Harvest away. Both sets are just as good, Fire Lion seems better because it sounds so Cool. Sagittarius is another good sign to Harvest during, but that comes later in the Month on the 21st. Thought that might be pushing it, but it's all about the Temps and how the Plants look.

Legalcdn

I have a fem GT going and I have just taken 2 cuttings for clones. When the CBG Destroyer plants are done, it's the tiger show. I will be loving the tiger, it's on my bucket list.

The mother will be flipped to flower in 4 weeks. She will be vegged for 8 weeks. Then 3 weeks later, 1 of the clones will be sent to flower.

Fletch, lots of plants there. That should be a great grow.

iTarzan

Just growing your cut of GT goes 19 weeks? Have you grown this cut out before? I am asking because I have no idea how long my GTs from seed would go. One of them looks as far along as yours. One of them is further along. The trichs are all cloudy. The ACE description indicates it is a 10-14 week flowering period.

iTarzan

Ncali those are nice looking girls. They have some shriveled pistils and look cloudy. How much longer do you think? How long has it been for indoor one?

@FletchFFletch I count 22 seedlings. How many of them are GTs. How many little tiger cubs?

It looks like I make the full moon Fletch. Full moon here is Wednesday 7th at 11:08 pm. Should I harvest at 12:01, the closet next day time to exact full moon time? Or just the next day and quit overthinking? I have one plant that is in its' harvest window. The other 2 are going to be a Fire Lion harvest.

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Just growing your cut of GT goes 19 weeks? Have you grown this cut out before? I am asking because I have no idea how long my GTs from seed would go. One of them looks as far along as yours. One of them is further along. The trichs are all cloudy. The ACE description indicates it is a 10-14 week flowering period.
Yeah, from seed I took her down at 126 days.
The other two seeds I grew finished at least a month faster than her I think.
I know clones are supposed to finish faster but all my clones finish same time as the seedplants they came from.

Here she is at harvest day from seed, straight to 11/13
gt2 126 days whole.JPG

gt2 126 days top.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts