What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just bought ez cloner - is this ok for light

I have it off to the side of my led flower light the light is on 18/6 lighting as I veg

Is this ok for lighting

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 12

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I've only done seed, and even that I'm new at, but I think you are supposed to give the clones ambient levels of light until roots show up, then switch to your main lighting regimen.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I use a PAR meter (Apogee Quantum Flux MQ100) to set light levels.
Ambient light in my house is about 50-75 umol. Clones seem to like closer to 100 umol until rooting is indicated, pale light green in center of leaves or size increase, then it goes up to 250 umol, low bay white enamel reflector with 400 watt CMH (HID) placed at 40" away, or a 50 watt passive LED (60 degree beam angle) at 15". The newer LEDs with 'white' mixed in match nature more closely.
Minimum for actual vegging is 500 umol and bloom runs almost 1000.

More or less will still grow plants, these are the numbers I use.

Scrappy-doo

It's fine but I'd put it a little closer. Couple feet off to the side. Looks like almost no light where it's at. They need some just not a lot.

MrBungle

I just put a 9 watt cfl about 15 inches above mine.. that is more than enough light.... not sure how they will do under the reds and blues.. I imagine just fine as long as the temps aren't too high or too low

I just put a 9 watt cfl about 15 inches above mine.. that is more than enough light.... not sure how they will do under the reds and blues.. I imagine just fine as long as the temps aren't too high or too low

Thank you, when you say more than enough is it possibly too much? I feel like I have my previous kids too much I have a 2% success rate lifetime lol

Also how low temps is too low just curios?

And you say you have a 16 site cloner with a 9w cfl 15 inches above? That sounds doable if this isn't a good setup I have now

I feel like the problem was the size of my cuttings after reading the directions for the ez cloner and following them, these cuttings are all the longest I've ever done

I scooted them a little closer before I logged back on yesterday that's why I was asking those questions about it being too close I checked this morning and they look the exact same as they did three days ago so basically I am fucking excited as hell right now all 14 of them

MrBungle

Yep if they are lookin the same after 3 days chances are you are doing something right!

I'd say 78F to 82F is a good ambient temp range for clones... any cooler and it will slow down the process, any warmer and other (bad) stuff starts to happen

MrBungle

Feeding clones might slow down progress... You want the cutting to put all o f its energy into rooting..
if you feed the cutting it will put some of its energy towards growing instead of rooting, which might make it take longer...

Is it the apical meristem or (top shoot) thats getting yellow or the little fan leaves you left on the cut?

As soon as you see roots you can feed however you like... Clones are not sensitive like seedlings to feeding

Ar you seeing any callous form on the cut site where you would like to see roots?

8 of them have either rooted or have root bumps they are all from same plant 6 days lol

The one that is yellowing is in that batch. I have another with yellow in the middle like you asked but she was put in only because I had space. She had yellow in the middle I think because it was a lower preflower and wasn't really getting light. She getting worse but I still have faith in her

The cut I was talking about hasn't rooted yet, but the rest of them have. 13/14!

When are cuttings ready to be placed on table? I was hoping to wait until the end of this week but a few of them look ready now can I wait until Friday?

Scrappy-doo

Yellowing is normal, it means your cuttings are in the process of rooting and need energy. There's no rush you can keep them in there as long as you like. I've seen roots a foot long in the ez-cloner. If the roots get too big you can cut them down to a manageable size until the rest are ready to go, just like getting a haircut.

I feel like a complete fucking noob right now.

I had leftover cuts that weren't long enough for the cloner so I threw them in a jar and covered it with paper. About 8 of them died, two of them rooted yesterday. There are three left and honestly they may root too. They rooted in 12 days

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Latest posts