What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Haze

sublingual

I would say quality of the high is indeed lacking in most of today's strains.
Of course, everyone is diffeent. I used to be a Haze head; except for the NL5 in most Haze hybrids, I think most Hazes are quality.
Golden Tiger v.3 is quality too. I like the flower to leaf in the Malawis also when coupled with another sativa. I think there is quality around if one is willing to look for it. Just an opinion.

sublingual

To answer your objection why no others are keeping trifoliate clones:
Bugbee said it's a field not explored yet (sorry I can't attribute it with a reference-it was a recent utube).
Other production plants such as wheat have been researched and developed to wherre today, modern wheat has 42 chromosomes (Eikorn is diploid with 2). It was necessary to develop wheat so populations wouldn't starve due to poor yield.
Now Cannabis is not wheat and a food stuff, in fact, it's easy to have a glut. But, again, if a plant is essentially similar (Taste and effect) to others that are diploid but is triploid, then having 3 buds per site instead of 2 is an advantage.

revegeta666

@sublingual Ok but you are equating trifoliate to triploid and I think these concepts are not the same at all.

If I'm not mistaken (very little idea about genetics so anyone feel free to correct me), triploid plants are sterile so no breeding there. Polyploid plants are those being studied and bred for potency and yield reasons.

Trifoliate on the other hand I'm pretty sure is not even a term we use correctly because it means 3 fingers per leaf, not 3 leaves per node. (Edit - that trait is called whorled phyllotaxy. Just quickly googled it as I'm at work).

I would think the misuse of the word trifoliate is what leads people to get confused with triploidy.

Last edited:

sublingual

@sublingual Ok but you are equating trifoliate to triploid and I think these concepts are not the same at all.

If I'm not mistaken (very little idea about genetics so anyone feel free to correct me), triploid plants are sterile so no breeding there. Polyploid plants are those being studied and bred for potency and yield reasons.

Trifoliate on the other hand I'm pretty sure is not even a term we use correctly because it means 3 fingers per leaf, not 3 leaves per node. (Edit - that trait is called whorled phyllotaxy. Just quickly googled it as I'm at work).

I would think the misuse of the word trifoliate is what leads people to get confused with triploidy.
Yes, I'm aware of the confusion of terms. However, despite what it is called, if the trait produces more buds per node something is going on that most would see as a positive. Answer when you can or want, don't mess with your job regulations.
This is a bit off topic already and I considered starting a thread but I am just at the beginning of dealing with this observation.

revegeta666

Yes, I'm aware of the confusion of terms. However, despite what it is called, if the trait produces more buds per node something is going on that most would see as a positive. Answer when you can or want, don't mess with your job regulations.
This is a bit off topic already and I considered starting a thread but I am just at the beginning of dealing with this observation.
What I'm saying is phyllotaxy has nothing to do with how many pairs of chromosomes the plant has, and you can't predict potency or yield by how many buds per node a plant has. Even if off topic this needs to be addressed otherwise people reading this will keep repeating it which is what always happens on forums.

@dubi can you please give us your take on this?

sublingual

What I'm saying is phyllotaxy has nothing to do with how many pairs of chromosomes the plant has, and you can't predict potency or yield by how many buds per node a plant has. Even if off topic this needs to be addressed otherwise people reading this will keep repeating it which is what always happens on forums.

@dubi can you please give us your take on this?
O.K., I disagree personally. While I am just starting to study this, The two lines I have will be centered on keeping the ones with three sites per node based on the quality of those previous ones. I may do a comparison with the best example in each line if I get a chance.

revegeta666

O.K., I disagree personally. While I am just starting to study this, The two lines I have will be centered on keeping the ones with three sites per node based on the quality of those previous ones. I may do a comparison with the best example in each line if I get a chance.
Well in that case I hope you'll pay us some drinks when you become a millionaire thanks to your discovery. Because it would change the industry forever 🧐👍

sublingual

Well in that case I hope you'll pay us some drinks when you become a millionaire thanks to your discovery. Because it would change the industry forever 🧐👍
no, no, no. I reported to the forum what I found. If I sought financial gain, I would have not told anyone.
Cannabis is a side thing and medicinal.

Dedomelow

Bom dia mundo...

Achei uma old timer haze no pacote ace tropical mix reg 1' incensos to na luta tentando domar esses tentáculos sativos...kkk
Meio sem tempo,venho com mais detalhes depois..

é barulho que planta...
Boa noite irmãos..

Com alguns meses de flora já da pra falar um pouquinho dessas sativas selvagens,com quase 3 meses de flora agora que ela começou a brilhar,ela está faminta por comida, como eu tudo e ta caindo as folhas maiores de 5 dedos, esta no air pot de 11l,não tinha o que fazer,até remover um pouco de solo e botei 5x colheres de sopa de esrterco de curral,1xguano da malásia e 1xbokashi misturai isso com mais substrato fico 500ml pra cobrir o vaso dela,deu certo acho que isso vai da pra levar o resto da flora,mais até a ocorrência dos adubos vou fazer alguns chás como o de casca de banana e pra fechar atingir as raízes lá no fundo um chá de guano da Malásia,esse é o plano pra ela nos 4 ou 5 meses de silêncio.

Na cabine dos bebês consegui mais 1x ou das 4x germinadas a do lado esquerdo dela também parece da uma,ou da falimia canela alta fina bambu sativa,as duas debaixo delas são ace mix tropical regular,mas não sei quem é,são mais fofas gordinhas,a mas pequena e fofa do lado da cabine esquerdo superior é uma goodmedicine...as outras sao as 4x ace..

Lá fora no grow sacola tem outro ace trop mix reg macho, tive que esperar florir pra não sair ilustrando os tópicos,não sei quem é mas a forma das folhas, parece com uns que vi pelo tópico,esse ta com cheiro verde Florestal,talco com ferrugem bem sutil,vi bola meia vermelha roxa não sei se é um oth parece com quem @dubi pra vc?

No brasil,aqui é outono,tenho impressão que ela quer muda de cor,esperarei mas um pouco pra ver no que vai dar,felizmente eu planto tomate consegui domar e amarrar ela todinha,nas pressas apicais da pra faze olimpíadas salto com vara tipo bambu mesmo,lst ,sem dobrar caule,e estressar a planta,é uma planta delicada,tem que ter paciência para o prêmio final..

Quando colher,curar e fumar,venho com cheiros e sabores,e ondas...

Planos pra próxima saga é um vaso grande de 20 litros com mais adubo ...

É nóis que planta.

Attachments

• 4 x ace mix trop reg = + 1 oth.jpg
    4 x ace mix trop reg = + 1 oth.jpg
    895.6 KB · Views: 26
  •  Grow-sacola kkkk.jpg
    Grow-sacola kkkk.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 20
  •  Ace mix trop reg '4 macho.jpg
    Ace mix trop reg '4 macho.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Oth incenso.jpg