What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what do you think if the leaves look like this?

IngFarmer

look at the picture and tell me what you think if the leaves look like this..
they were very green before 12/12 now they look like this after one week..
growing in coco coir

J

jaded1

Yeah,that's spider mite damage,could also be thrips but you'd of seen them flying around.They should be easily visible on the underside of the leaves.Looks like you've already got some quite heavily infested plants judging by the damage on those leaves

MrBungle

Look on the under side of the leaf for very tiny slow moving spider mites, their eggs, and even a lil bit of webbing.... You may need a magnifying glass in order to positively identify them, but try not to look to long, as it is the stuff nightmares are made of!!!

Good Luck!!

IngFarmer

Damn it!!! Thanks soo much, luckily is just the first week of flower...going to get a spider mite powder spray right now!!! thanks a lot!

SaToRi_GrOwS

I'm on my phone looking at this so the pic kinda sucks so I'm thinking 3 things.... Spider mites, light bleaching, or pH fluctuating up and down. How close are these plants to the light source? And are you keeping pH between 5.8 and 6.3 for Coco?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Damn it!!! Thanks soo much, luckily is just the first week of flower...going to get a spider mite powder spray right now!!! thanks a lot!
Skip the pesticides, they're expensive and not necessary. They're also ineffective at times.

Put one ounce of ethanol in a gallon of water. (I use everclear)

Cover the root zone so you keep the alcohol out. Drench your plants down every 3 days for 15 days. The mites will be gone.

Find the source of infection and get rid of it.
:tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If you can afford to get rid of that plant, that's what I would do. Usually when leaf damage is that advanced, there is a well established mite population. Eggs are so small they are almost invisible. Then baby mites(nymph's) are invisible to the naked eye. You can literally look at a leaf you think is fine, nothing showing on it. Put it under a microscope and you can see the babies on a leaf you thought was clean.

They do make several "safe" garden sprays. Garden Safe brand , that has the main active ingredient of Pyrethrins, and another Garden Safe brand where the active ingredient is potassium salts of fatty acids. The first spray kills the mites. The second one dissolves their eggs.

Do sprays with each of those, and then 3 days later do it again. Get some 91% isopropyl alcohol and put it in a spray bottle. Spray your hands after touching any plant, and spray them again after your done with said plant. That has been/is the best way to stop them from spreading onto everything in the room. Stay vigilant. Cause right when you think they are gone, that's when a single mite on a leaf, will sneak up and start a new population of mites.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn!

Howd ya get the leaf free of bugs before taking the pic?

Do that?

The damage on that leaf says infestation and if you can't see what is causing the damage, get out a mag glass or a microscope & take a closer look.

If it's mites, which I also believe it is (I havent seen 'em in several years in my garden) there are some good suggestions above.

No matter what you choose to do...
Be diligent with your IPM.