What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Change to Dark Theme

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Is there a way to change from the white page background color of white to black?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm not saying 'make it dark' I'm asking can I change it from white to dark. for myself... not for everyone.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That only changes your profile page, not all forum pages.
Yeah you right. It looks like the themes are an admin setting. They have to enable users being allowed to change themes and even then it looks like, from googling, a bunch of themes cost money and the site admin would have to buy them to enable. Funk that.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
To be honest a "stealth theme" would be nice for when browsing in public places on mobile devices. Sometimes the green attracts too much attention from curios eyes.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I do a few hours each day, on the computer, surfing, reading, learning, emailing, billing, banking and reporting, 1-3 in the am and 1-2 in the evening. May be a coincidence but as i turn individual programs (apps) to dark, I'm sleeping sounder... my default browser had a white background, the Microsoft Windows 10 news collage had a white back ground and 2 others, samey same.. Google things arent cooperating either.

Kinda like being snow blind.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Get some blue light filtering computer glasses. That's the part of the light that plays with natural body rythms.
Also, some newer mobile phones have the option to reduce blue spectrum for the same reason.

al70

Veteran
youtube is a good example, you can change to a dark theme which i prefer, would be handy here.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah f.lux is great cause it's system wide, you don't have to rely on a webpage or programmer to have a dark theme, but I also always prefer the dark themes if available.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Anybody know if that flux is compatible with OSX 10.4? My apple is 12 years old.
I'm a PC guy sorry, and their webpage has like 0 information on compatible versions of each OS. The only way to know I think would be to test it out, the mac install is a zip file at https://justgetflux.com/dlmac.html They have a getting started for mac over at https://justgetflux.com/news/pages/macquickstart/ Hopefully those help and the program works.

Liking the f.lux pothead, cheers.
NP bro, glad to help!