What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

solenoid valve pressure

elevatedpantry

Hey folks, I'm trying to automate and solve some problems with my current plumbing.

I'm running a Jebao 8000 marine pump to pump my nutrients through 1" PVC to floraflex manifolds at my tables. I have 9 manifolds total running off this pump.

I would like to segment those manifolds and I currently do so with ball valves.

The ball valves all leak at the threads on the output side, and I've tried replacing them with a different brand and same problem. I have floraflex solenoid valves to replace them.

My question is, will my pump have enough pressure to work with these valves, and do folks think that the nylon valves will perform better than the plastic ball valves?

eebbnflow

Hey folks, I'm trying to automate and solve some problems with my current plumbing.

I'm running a Jebao 8000 marine pump to pump my nutrients through 1" PVC to floraflex manifolds at my tables. I have 9 manifolds total running off this pump.

I would like to segment those manifolds and I currently do so with ball valves.

The ball valves all leak at the threads on the output side, and I've tried replacing them with a different brand and same problem. I have floraflex solenoid valves to replace them.

My question is, will my pump have enough pressure to work with these valves, and do folks think that the nylon valves will perform better than the plastic ball valves?
This might sound silly but did you use thread tape ?