What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco DTW can’t get it to work :-(

I'm aiming for 0.8gpw from 4x600w with 9 plants.

That's 7.6oz per plant. Is this unrealistic with a 4/5 week veg?

Also what pot size is optimal for a 7.6oz coco plant? 6.5L? or bigger?

How long should the veg period be for 7.6oz coco DTW

I know you can get >8 from 3L but I’m guessing this isn’t optimum. Going by HGO thread it’s 6.5. Have I got this correct. Lots of people seem to say they grow in 2 or 3 gal pots. That’s 9l & 13.5L or is that US gal so 7.5 / 11l

Reading HGO etc this is too big.

R

Rox

What are you using for pH down? Not nitric acid by any chance and I would love to take you up on solving your problem and claiming £100 bitcoin...

So hurry up and post pictures, how the hell do you expect people to help otherwise?????

Edit- the owner of my local shop claims a Wilma 4 pot DTW system will give me 15 per pot

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
What strain are you using? a good yielding cut is half the job done.
Imo you'll need a 15 litre pot to get 7.5oz each. will need a good 4-5 wks veg for roots to fully colonise the pot.

Thanks! Super Lemon Haze. Good yielder.

I used to grow in 15l pots hand watering and get about 7.5 oz. I really want to get the HGO style grow working for me though. These guys are clearly getting this from smaller pots. DJM is getting 16oz plants in 18L pots.

Maybe you have to be really good at coco and have your environment dialled to grow in small pots. 6.5L = 7+oz

If your clearly not so great at coco and your environment is not properly dialled it’s easier to still do well when you have big non rootbound pots water every few days

What are you using for pH down? Not nitric acid by any chance and I would love to take you up on solving your problem and claiming £100 bitcoin...

So hurry up and post pictures, how the hell do you expect people to help otherwise?????

Edit- the owner of my local shop claims a Wilma 4 pot DTW system will give me 15 per pot

Phosphoric unfortunately at about 1ml/10l

UncleBens

Glad to hear.
Just about to set my timer to come on 2x per day, ive kept the ec at whatever it was from following the canna grow guide for now, need to find my ec pen.

madalasatori

Veteran
You want 6.5l pot minimum.

The whole DTW principle of regular feedings in small pots is a good one but it takes some dialling. If you're going to be away for several days at a time consider:

- if a pump or Rez fails a larger pot will keep your plant alive longer

- bigger pots with less feedings are more straightforward.

The multi feeds thing is great but if you don't dial it right and start multi feeding too soon, or vice Versa by letting the pots dry out too much, then you will really fuck your grow

madalasatori

Veteran
Forgot to add low nighttime temps will be compounding problems with saturated roots. Try and get some heat in there and descrease feeding until they are rootbound

R

Rox

no picture updates or cries for help, guess somebody solved the problem and the £100 bitcoin has vanished!:moon:

Haha. I’m still crying for help...

Ok following all the great suggestions.

I’ve implemented the following changes.

Switched to Canna Coco A+B feeding at 1.0 EC (tap was 0.4)

Upped the night time temps and have managed to get the root zone to a minimum temp of 18c

Feeding less to give the plants chance to use the nutrient before the next water. Currently twice a day. Down from 4x

If my ntox issue is resolved / reduced significantly I’ll send the coin to whichever poster has contributed the most helpful advice.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
If you're using Canna nutes now don't more than 1/2 strength 20ml/10litres is plenty and don't forget the Boost

If you're still getting N overdose then GH Bloom has none in it, try alternating it with the Canna, if you're running different strains one will start to shows signs of N deficiency after a week

Boost? Ok I’ll give it a try. Wasn’t sure if it’s worth it or not. How much would
you put in? Canna say 2-4ml/l. 4ml is expensive but if it ups the yield I suppose it will be worth it.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Boost? Ok I’ll give it a try. Wasn’t sure if it’s worth it or not. How much would
you put in? Canna say 2-4ml/l. 4ml is expensive but if it ups the yield I suppose it will be worth it.

Use 2ml max per litre

Boost pumps the sugars out, use at 1-2ml/litre

What stage are the plants at?

Xanode

double check ur ph with test drops, ph matters more and more the smaller the pot you go.

If you're using canna coco, you can 100% rule it out as a problem, finest coco on the market.

Use ur RO, tap water is just one more unneeded variable.