What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
We have a nice cold front trough coming through early next week it looks like! We're a little dry here too. We had some rain last week, but we could use another round. Hauling water is such a challenge. I thank God for the sun, the wind, the rain, the flat fertile ground, and the tall mountains of the earth. Thankful for the change in seasons and the changes they bring about within us. God is perfect. He's always teaching us. There's always going to be challenges. Its all a great test to see what you're made of.

Stop by and check out my thread. Fertilized with 2 bags, 8 lbs of Happy Frog ( Foxfarm) fertilizer with mycorrhizae and guano today! I'm pretty excited cant wait to see how they respond. Watered them in with 10 gallons this evening. Pulled the last male too, so now we're down to the 2 males being used for pollination. Got 21 females this year! Came out just right!

Top dressing is usually done monthly, but I'm going to do it at a 3 week interval to load up on nutrients a little more. I bet doing the flowering fert now will help them trigger a little earlier. Do want to see a good stretch before they set bud though. Tallest one is close to 6 feet now!

Excited about the breeding project his year. I finally made myself separate the plants into phenotypes at harvest. Choice flowers had seed separated for planting. Really blessed to have the Deep Chunk dominant male on the edge of the garden. It had a branch break a month ago or so which is perfect, it doesn't block as much light now! Loving the structure on this one!

Deep Chunk dominant male

View Image

View Image
View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice plants and patch you got there pipeline! I miss growing those huge patches like we used to grow back in the day. We would go on top of a mountain somewhere and just clear the top out and load that mother up with plants... Huuuuuuge patches. However, those days were long gone once the helicopters really started getting more popular being used for cannabis eradication and all. I still out me out a patch from time to time, a couple small ones a year just cause that is the way I along with everyone else around here started growing way back in the day...

I'm fixing to get the day started myself... Gonna get some morning work in head back home before chopper time!

:tiphat:

militia420

My 2018 grow so far

My 2018 grow so far

Just gonna dump some pics finally:

Prepping these girls to hit a certain height before putting them out. Breeds listed below.
picture.php

C99 f2 or f3 (gotta double check how many crosses I've done) x Peaks C99

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

militia420

Venomdog cross
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Venomdog(f) [Venom x Chemdog] x [1 of these three males that was around: CAT supersonic, or CAT Venomdog, or SSSDH IX]
[/FONT]
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

militia420

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] -SSSDH IX(f) x [1 of these three males that was around: CAT supersonic, or CAT Venomdog, or SSSDH IX]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[/FONT]

Last edited:

militia420

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] -SSSDH IX(f) x [1 of these three males that was around: CAT supersonic, or CAT Venomdog, or SSSDH IX]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I confess I've been sticking my nose in this plant more than I probably should. She smells soooooo good :p~~~ I have 4 of these clones going and hope to clear a pound but it's a sativa soooo we'll see. The venomdog is REALLY dense and I fully expected mold or rot but nothing so far! Woohoo! Hope it stays that way. I think I'm within a week or two of harvest for 2 venomdog clones. The bigger 3 weren't in these shots because they only started flower about 2 weeks ago.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

-TheShortTexan-

Lol, yeah I knew that black bird would ruin the moment. Doesn't it always? At least for our speck on the Earth it does. I would never wish that on anyone bro, its hard and dangerous enough as it is around here without having those choppers making it 50% worse!

We have had droughts before, but its been a few years. I do haul most of my water still, except for maybe a few plants that are basically right on the edge of the water in the creeks. It will take me a good 12 or 1am till 5am worth of work, to water/feed my first group of plants. It takes me about a week to finish them all, I have them split and arranged into u groups, for 7 days. I haul long enough to walk down to the creek from the trail, fill up my 5 gallon bucket, mix my nutes per ratios, then haul back up to trail. At that point I can throw it on the ATV and get it usually within an average range of about 80 feet away, some more, some less, to my plants. However it seems like there is a creek or underground spring at every location pretty much, except for a few. I'm sure a ton of people think I am absolutely insane for not just using a pump or an easier method, but in all honesty I LOVE the exercise most nights/days. I used to be a body builder and I live been out of it maybe 5 years now...And doing this hard ass guerilla labor makes me feel amazing inside and out. It is dangerous, yet healthy.

A lot of times if I am hauling a bale of promix, I will throw it up over my head and do shoulder presses with it as I walk it to the location lol... As I walk with the 5 gal buckets full of water/food, I usually switch hands back and forth curling those... Also it keeps your mind off having to haul the shit around and makes it easier for the next time obviously cause ya get more used to it/ stronger.

I am very fortunate that were not having your weather though Texan... But in all honesty as long as my sources of water, at least one or two of them wouldn't dry up, I would be happy with a drought the rest of the season for sure.

That's a whole bunch of NOPE right there :laughing:

I'm all for being healthy.. but after taking a mountain run doing shoulder presses with a bale of pro mix, I'd sweat so much there would be a nice little trail of water for me to follow all the way back out of the woods. Power to ya!!:woohoo:

U

Ununionized

Kinda ''Way, BaCK ThaiR in histurie'' or in otherwords,

Since the last time I slept,

I remember seeing some guys scam up the most impressive freaking bale hauling methods, using a couple of bungee cords to tie a little homemade axle to a bale, so the bale sat on like a 1X4,

and U-bolts holding the axle to the board, sticking up, were impaled into the bottom bale, and some kinda of rope handle or something, trapped with bungees going the OTHER way, so there was a handle end, and a plastic wheel on the other end,

sticking out on either side of the bale with the homemade axle trapped to the board, the bungees trapping all that.

Maybe somewhere I saw somebody take an old cheap skateboard, and turn the trucks sideways, then bungee THAT to a bale? Maybe they talked about it, saying if they had to, they'd do it that way?

But in any case I thought there used to be a big thread about "how to get your stuff out into the hills."

Or, conversely, maybe all that sh**'s the ludicrous ramblings of a stoned old man with brain lesions from the

alligater-trolling bait job down in the swamp
that time the car broke down
and I had to scam up the money
to buy some parts.

That's a whole bunch of NOPE right there :laughing:

I'm all for being healthy.. but after taking a mountain run doing shoulder presses with a bale of pro mix, I'd sweat so much there would be a nice little trail of water for me to follow all the way back out of the woods. Power to ya!!:woohoo:

Last edited:

-TheShortTexan-

I remember seeing some guys scam up the most impressive freaking bale hauling methods, using a couple of bungee cords to tie a little homemade axle to a bale, so the bale sat on like a 1X4,

and U-bolts holding the axle to the board, sticking up, were impaled into the bottom bale, and some kinda of rope handle or something, trapped with bungees going the OTHER way, so there was a handle end, and a plastic wheel on the other end,

sticking out on either side of the bale with the homemade axle trapped to the board, the bungees trapping all that.

Maybe somewhere I saw somebody take an old cheap skateboard, and turn the trucks sideways, then bungee THAT to a bale? Maybe they talked about it, saying if they had to, they'd do it that way?

But in any case I thought there used to be a big thread about "how to get your stuff out into the hills."

Or, conversely, maybe all that sh**'s the ludicrous ramblings of a stoned old man with brain lesions from the

to buy some parts.

This post makes me appreciate ingenuity

militia420

to buy some parts.

Damn dude you just gave a lot of the guys on here a spectacular solution to reducing their wear and tear. I've used a dolly before to move buckets and plants around easier since I have tendon problems. This was about a yard when I lived out in a jungle area of hawaii. I also used a lawnmower with a cart attachment and got video of my plants in the back which was a riot. Never thought I'd be doing that sort of thing.

Any way, some of you guys hauling shit through the woods where there isn't much to get tangled up ought to think this through cuz it could seriously save your muscles and energy reserves. Along the lines of what he mentioned above you could get a 1 inch pipe, drive it through the back lower portion of a bale, then run an "axle" through that pipe and connect up some wheels. If I was doing an op as big as some of you and with the right locations where this could be used I'd definitely do it. It'd be quicker to get a job done moving that around too. In the mean time there are always dolly's. Some of them have fatter tires which would work well for the woods and for not being as likely to leave a trail. Freaking awesome idea old stoned guy!

militia420

I keep hearing this everywhere I go lol. Must mean I'm doing things wrong

I'm medical. Even before I was medical I worked and thought like that. But having heath issues for almost 2 decades really lets you know your limits and forces you to work smarter or you don't work at all. And no work = no bud. So each grow better last a while because I never know when I'll be in a slump.

Some of the older guys are here are healthy but hitting new limits so they gotta do the same. From what you were posting the best thing you could do for your grow is to move to a new area, if that was even possible and worth it to you. Just my two cents Texan. And you all do have some beautiful land out there, especially where route 40 passes through, but it is DESOLATE.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Little red wagons are PERFECT for this. You can even just use a plain old and simple decent nylon rope or whatever material you have, tie to the handle and then onto your ATV and pull along. Cheap and simple. I've done it a LOT.

However, here is best choice and yes it is worth every penny to those whom have physical health issues!

Screenshot_2018-07-27-22-33-47.jpg

militia420

Little red wagons are PERFECT for this. You can even just use a plain old and simple decent nylon rope or whatever material you have, tie to the handle and then onto your ATV and pull along. Cheap and simple. I've done it a LOT.

However, here is best choice and yes it is worth every penny to those whom have physical health issues!

View attachment 464338

LMFAO!! "Gorilla Carts" ??? Where could they possibly have come up with that name if not gorilla grows???

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice garden militia! Using leaves as mulch good idea! The sativas have such good smoke but those are thin buds! Put down some happy frog!

Went to check on the garden this evening and the had a visible flush of growth already! They liked having the soil loosened up and the happy frog and water. There's something about bat guano plants really like! Its the microorganisms. Gonna finish out with Garden tone top dressing this year since thats what I have, but I'm going to be using Happy Frog next year!

Right on Mountainbud! Thats how I am, I used to work out, now I just work. And guerilla growing is great exercise! Cannabis helps us heal and be healthy. Try hemp protein powder in your yogurt or oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter. Yes sir!

Forecast for a few good rains next week! Plants are clear for liftoff!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I use a dolly to move my soil around to the side of the house. I mix everything in my lil hard plastic pool. That's about were the easy shit ends lol. It's so steep in these Mtns and thick it's impossible next to using a atv. I've got a guerilla patch that is a hike only to get to....it's about 45min from my home to get there. Next yr I'm going get a atv to cut down a lot of work. I've got serious health issues. My foot/back are chronic problems. After a day in the Mtns I can barely walk/get outta bed the next day. It takes some time to get moving that's a fact. I think we all have learned over the yrs to work smarter if we can....but I'll still push myself way to far to get the job done or get it done better lol

-TheShortTexan-

I'm medical. Even before I was medical I worked and thought like that. But having heath issues for almost 2 decades really lets you know your limits and forces you to work smarter or you don't work at all. And no work = no bud. So each grow better last a while because I never know when I'll be in a slump.

Some of the older guys are here are healthy but hitting new limits so they gotta do the same. From what you were posting the best thing you could do for your grow is to move to a new area, if that was even possible and worth it to you. Just my two cents Texan. And you all do have some beautiful land out there, especially where route 40 passes through, but it is DESOLATE.

Yes it's desolate where I'm at. There's a ton of woodlands and hills and pretty scenery in the state, it just happens to not be where I am :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Years ago I use to go on canoe trips and we'd portage between lakes. It was a shit ton of work carrying everything. Usually two trips. One day we were busting our asses hauling supplies for the week and along came an old man and his wife whistling while rolling past us on our break, with a HUGE load. He had two bicycle wheels under his loaded canoe. Piled high. Something like this.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes it's desolate where I'm at. There's a ton of woodlands and hills and pretty scenery in the state, it just happens to not be where I am :biggrin:

I was down through Texas when I drove a truck it's a great place. Those exits off the interstates have tons of stuff to do, especially north and south around Dallas/Austin for hrs there's everything. I'd love to live down there. But south outta San Antiono toward Lareado it was tumbleweeds and a lot of nothing lol