What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting Started w/ living soil

Sluicebox

Gorgeous plant! Ok I will read this whole thread and take notes before bothering you again. I'm sold, great posts in here.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The purpose of the aloe is what?

i prefer aloe over aspirin & have used it on recovering plants from insect issues. it induces SAR {systemic acquired resistance} provides salicylic acid. plants respond well to aloe foliar & i've heard anecdotal it can be used as fertilizer {plant-based amendment} moreover, it is rich in saponins which help as a wetting agent for soil, an emollient for foliars & a sticking agent helping foliars stay on the leaf longer for absorption

try aloe in lieu of rooting hormones ~dipping the rooting end of your cuttings right in a sliced aloe frond

i advocate aloe for personal uses as well preferring it for acne treatment to much more expensive products as well as general skin maintenance. the combination of aloe & vitamin E prevents stretch marks for pregnant mothers