What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Bag Seed test grow

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I am so happy they survived! I can't wait to see how they look as they get older. I have had old seeds pop before and were crinkled and mutated, but eventually grew out of it. I took clones and all went well - hope something good will come of this - lookng great!

TGT

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
It is hard to believe but these two plants are at 7 weeks since I started the seeds. I transplanted them up to 1 gallon Smart Pots today and they are actually looking pretty good.

picture.php

bChiefing

those are some nice looking bag seed girlies! can't wait to see how they do for u Maj, with everything Ive seen you do so far I know these girls will get the attention they need ;)

Friend

Veteran
It's interesting how the plants look the same phenotypically, and they also seem to be stunted in a similar manner... Kinda seems like such a long period of storage maybe caused the DNA in the seeds to degrade or become damaged somehow, resulting in the unusual growth characteristics

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Sorry didn't read that, but have some experience with the use of H2O2.I used a conc of 0.5% H2O2 on seeds of 17 years old and most of them became active, but i used the wrong medium, so i've do it again.What i read is that you use 1 drop per ml.

Keep on growing :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I topped them today and moved them into flower. I was going to transplant them up to three gallon containers but I am all out. I may do it later once I have more or I may just leave them in one gallons.

picture.php

bChiefing

the girly on the right looks exciting but i wouldnt count out the other one just yet either ;)

keep em happy maj, theyre liking it :rasta:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So the funky looking one ended up being a male so it is gone now and I transplanted the other one to a three gallon smart pot tonight. Here are a couple pics.

picture.php

picture.php

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
good luck with your bagaeed skunk hunt, hope all goes well cottonmouth. I tried doing this exact same thing once with the goal of replicating what I was smoking. the first attempt was great, as I got a plant that smelled and tasted just like trix. the second attempt was far more stinky and bad tasting, smelling like skunk and tasting like hot garbage when smoked. the funk was so bad I couldnt tolerate even smoking it. if this is what youre after, its out there :biggrin:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny how cannabis tastes continually change. Just a few years ago, peeps were looking down their nose at skunk varieties.

Now everyone is searching for the coveted RKS pheno again.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
That one's a beauty, Major.:) I bet it finishes relatively fast.

Thanks DB I think you may be right, it sure did take off fast once it went into flower.

Funny how cannabis tastes continually change. Just a few years ago, peeps were looking down their nose at skunk varieties.

Now everyone is searching for the coveted RKS pheno again.

I would love to run some RKS, is HoL working on anything along those lines?

peekin' in fer thrills.

nice broadleaf example. healthy looking now too.

Thank you very much trichrider

New video is up and it is looking pretty nice.

[youtubeif]ROXCMIba2-Y[/youtubeif]

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have a skunk project in mind, but I do have some skunk genetics to play around with- Lemon Skunk fem, Super Skunk fem and Paki Citral Skunk.

I have fond memories of smoking all those old school skunk varieties, and some of the best overall examples came from cheap Nirvana seed stock. The mellow taste and evenly balanced head/body high of their Skunk Special was always enjoyable, and it seemed like I didn't build up a tollerance to it as fast.

I had one pheno of Nirvana's super skunk that had the most pronounced sweet taste I've ever experienced. Peeps would hit it and immediately say "wow, what IS that?" Too bad they changed the parentals, as the newer version didn't measure up.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I am sure it is probably more fond memories than anything, I have access to world of flavors and I am looking for the one that smells like something that is sprayed out of a wild animals ass.

Glad you are in this thread festivus because I finally got around to testing out the gibberellic acid I ordered from the place linked earlier in this thread. I tried out the 500ppm solution on two of those hard assed Platinum Dogs and they both popped open and were showing white within 24 hours. I put them in coco and I will start a thread for them once they hit flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts