What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Δ9-THC's closet 4 bucket DWC

G

Those plants don't stretch much maybe 6inch's to 12 inch's max vegg them for anouther week or two and your yeild will double. Also if there is a way to get your light to less than a foot above the plants they would grow way faster.

Here are 1 plant examples in dwc
400 watt

1000watt

Last edited:

Δ9-THC

Sounds good. I don't need to worry about burning the plants? If they stretch a foot or so, I should be able to veg more than another week. I presume I'm aiming to just about fill up the grow space without growing the plants to death. Right?

G

Well a 400 watt light covers an area of 3x3 with a light penetration of 50watts per sqft about 12-36 inches deep into the cannopy so if your not topping your plants try to flower them at about two and a half feet. .

The 400 watt light shouldn't be that hot but make sure you have a fan aimed at it.

Last edited:
G

lolipop? I hope that doesn't meen taking off the side branches. The blueberry will go strait up so you wont need to the grapefruits you wont want to as they tend to like to get bushy and then go up and if you remove bud sites that wont help yeild. Also if you want clones take one or 2 and make them mothers for the future the max i would take is the off each plant if you need more vegg longer.

P.S. check out joeshmoe he had his bluberry and grapefruit just finish

Last edited:

Δ9-THC

I would grow mothers, but I just don't have the room, time or money. I'll probably get another batch of clones from the club after these. Atleast that way I can diversify, right? Thank you kindly for your advice, it helps a lot being the novice that I am. I'll check out JoeShmoe's grow.

dude my grapefruit ended up like 6 ft tall and yeilded 6 oz. under 1000w. they stretch like 3 times the height from veg. just my 2 cents thought it might help. also if your growing plants in same room you sleep in your co2 levels are probably higher than you think. good luck :joint: si

G

Hello Delta and everyone

Hello Delta and everyone

:wave:
Delta,
Looks great man. Great start. :woohoo:

a couple of things....

With a 400 watt you should be able to get the light down to 18in above the tops at least without burning them. I think this will help keep the space between the nodes short. hehehehehe Meristem. :pointlaug Just poking fun... shows you been reading and that good looking patch does too.

I have a 1000w on the room I have 3x5 but it is a cooled light reflector.. well worth it, especially in small places.

I think the white tops are fine. You were correct, light entering through the white lids does not cause bacteria growth..... if anything light inhibits most bacterial growths. I love the idea of using the water catcher covers with a hole cut in it. I would paint them white though. I have never had any trouble in >20 years with algea growht once light passes through white plastic. I would use the covers to keep the light on the plants and keep alge from growing on the rocks. I keep everything in the room white or covered with mylar. Keeps it bouncing back to the plants and I have 75w/ft2.

The picture of the stem looks like a fungal infect but if the plants are growing great I wouldn't sweat it. You may want to blow some Captan dust on the rocks and stem if you are worried about it. It is a fungicide dust but only a little.

Well, please, pass the bong and some popcorn. Will enjoy this show. :lurk:

Peace

Δ9-THC

Sticky Icky: :chin: I'd better start flowering ASAP, haha. They're about 1 foot now, and my room's only 5' tall. :yoinks: 6 oz. doesn't sound too shabby though, heh, I'll be stoked if I can get 1! I'll have to get a CO2 monitor at some point and check it out.

Hey Bree! :wave: Thanks for the input. I'm at a pretty good university and had the opportunity to take a botany course, which was a heckof a lot of fun. We got to grow all sorts of plants in the greenhouses here (well.. except one :chin: ). It helps a lot to know about why stuff works rather than just 'cookbook' growing.

I am planning on getting an air cooled reflector, but my wallet's run pretty thin for now. Also, I'm running a MH bulb the whole way through, which is not what most do. Do you think the HPS bulbs have a better PAR (photosynethically active radiation)? The only advantage to the MH that I can really see, is that it's white enough that I don't have to cover up my windows to keep the neighbors from getting curious. I'll need to build a scrubber pretty soon too.

You recommended Captan, do you have a brand name for the stuff? I'd rather not steal stuff from my lab for my grow :bat: . This may sound silly, but I put neosporin on the injured stems since it contains a small amount of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents. The afflicted plant on the right is inhibited because of the infected stem. Yesterday I noticed that the plants weren't looking too great, and guessed that it was probably a secondary nute problem. The plant with stem probs looked the worst with some permanent damage, but oh well. I should probably change out my solution or atleast part of it.

Did you say pass the bong? Just got a new one of those too :sasmokin: , it's a JBD. Later.

Last edited:
G

Ahhhhh University.......

Ahhhhh University.......

Did some time in a couple of Universities.... Damn glad that is over... but where else can you go and have soooooooo many college women :woohoo: :kissass: :woohoo: I do miss them. Well back to business.

I wouldn't waste money on a CO2 monitor unless you have a spare 500-800$. Lots of other stuff to have first. Am going to do a thread on poor/safe mans way to do CO2 in the next day or two.

No the HPS has a sl. better PAR but all concentrated in the accessory pigments, worse lumens and not enough blue spectrum. The total lumens are much less, watt for watt. That said, the HPS does have a large amount of red spectrum. I still use it in the flowering period because it mimics the fall sun and we are not quite sure how that affects resin production. If I had one of those dual bulb hoods I would use 1 HPS and 1 MH during the flowering and 2 MH during the Veg. I think the HPS activates the accessory chloraphyl better.... aren't they called caratonoids. Would like to take some Horticulteral classes myself. Sick of human physiology except the female anatomy and physiology except that comes with the psychology. :0(

That stem has me a bit worried, looks exactly like damp-off but I have never seen that in a large stem like that. Captan is the brand name. Hope things continue good. What are your reservoir temps running? :confused:

Peace

Last edited:

Δ9-THC

Heh, ya.. amongst 30,000 there are bound to be a few hotties :woohoo: . Sounds good on the poor mans CO2 thread. I have a tank, regulator and solenoid left over from my fish tank, just no controller and no sense of necessity for hooking it up. You're right on the carotenoids using different wavelengths of light. I'll have to flip through some books and see what I can find on that. It would be interesting to try and come up with some reasoning for which works best.

That stem has me a little worried too, but what can I do but hope for the best? :confused: My only thought was that perhaps these clones were infected before I got them. That is the advantage of seeds, they start with a clean slate. I'm not sure how I feel about ordering seeds online yet, makes me nervous. My reservoir is usually between 62 and 67ºF, above 68ºF a fan kicks on to cool off the rez.

I went to the hydro shop to try to pick up some fungicide, but they tried to sell me bacillus s.... s something. I'll check the hardware store. I tried to pick up some carbon for a scrubber, but they didn't have that either. Oh well... I felt bad taking up this guys time with a million questions, so I picked up a thermometer/hygrometer. and DOH! I don't have a AAA battery to put in it... Peace. I'll try to post some pics later.

G

hey bro, will you be taking clones?

id start thinking about flowering now bro. then can stretch alot,then you will know for next time roughly what height to flower them at and if you should let them go longer or were too late.

good luck with the stem rot ! looks pretty nasty! :sasmokin:

keep em green!

G

Seeds on-line is ok just be careful.....

Seeds on-line is ok just be careful.....

Delta-- 57% is fine. Some say drop it to 40% when flowering but I have never had a problem but with the stems and the ? fungal infect it wouldn't hurt if not too much trouble. Definately looks like an early infection that they have been fighting off.

I did a little rereading today and we were on the money about the secondary pigments. I definately see a double hood in the future. Going to stick with the ever popular HPS in flower and MH in veg. am starting to bend the tops to start the SCOG. Look like the NYCD is male and one of the Blueberry. Will harvest some pollen from each for the future. :chin:

Agree with Eulogy-- nows the time for bending or flowering. Wish we had places to get clones. Oh the ordering seeds..... I find online but order with mail and money order. Most good suppliers will do this way. Love cash... no trails. I have them sent to a address other than grow of a closed mouth friend but that is a bit worisom. Never had a problem this way... a bit longer but just need to plan ahead.

Peace

Last edited:

Δ9-THC

I never thought about that as far as buying/ordering seeds, thanks! I switched to 12/12 tonight. I wanted to take some cuttings for clones, but I'm just not set up to do so except perhaps clone one into soil. If the genetics turn out to be really great, I'll consider re-vegging or something, otherwise I'll just have to pick up some more clones. Does it really not work to take clones during/after flowering?

G

Good luck with the flower......

Good luck with the flower......

LET THE FUN BEGIN>>>>>> :jump: :woohoo: :jump:

I always love the flower.

I have taken clones about 3 weeks into flowering and it worked but not after that. I tried later once but not a single one rooted. It may be different now with my new "do it yourself" EZ clone machine. I will try that on my next ones just to see. Bree loves to experiment!

That reminds me. One of the up and down sides to the cloning during flower is that the nodes start alternating with in a week or two of turning the lights to 12/12. The down side of this is the number of branches are cut in half. If you plan to do a technique where many branches are needed (SCOG), it would mess that up. The up side is a little discovery I found by accident. I suppose if you prolonged the veg they would revert but mine never did in my short veg.

I never thought to tell anyone about my little discovery until you asked that question. The story goes like this.... :listen2:
I was about 3 weeks into the veg and wanted a set of clones because I gave away the ones I had started. AK-47 has a flower time of (56-64 days). Well I took the clones not paying attention that they had progressed to alternating nodes as usual. Well they rooted and I vegged them my usual week to get the root system set and noticed the alternating nodes. BUMMER :wallbash:
Well I went ahead and started the flower. Poof the pistals popped out just like it was starting the 4th week of flowering. It continued from there just like I had never taken them as cloned.
:yoinks: The plants were completely ready at 40 days and exactly the usual harvest. 13 oz of dried and cured MJ. The cure takes off about ~1/2 of the weight from when just dried. I had been using the same system and room and plants for about 3 years. Well from that point on I just took the clones off the clones right before switching the lights to 12/12. Took off 2-3 weeks of the time with the exact same yield. :yoinks: Shit never thought to tell anyone because didn't go online back then and when I did, I had been doing that for years again. Well I have now!!!! I am sure that would work with any strain!!!

Well what do the rest of you think???????????? :confused: Can tell you this from years of experience doing just exactly that.

Peace

G

Hey Delta and everyone......

Hey Delta and everyone......

I was thinking.......(dangerous) everything but the flowering is just foreplay
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway...

I was going through the ladies and gents.... inspecting. I noticed I have a Tri-Noded Blueberry. I have never had one of these! It has three branches and three leaves at every node starting at the very first true leaves. I didn't notice it back then but when I look at the pics it was always like that. Hell I must have been sleeping. Some guy a few years ago was offering seeds guarteed to exhibit this trait for $10,000. I read where it didn't increase the weight per plant but was suppose to make the buds more dense. I guess I am about to find out. :woohoo:

Am sure it is not worth anything but is interesting. I am going to attach a pic with normal node of my Blueberry male and a couple of pics of the Tri-Noded female.

Peace
16545Blueberry_with_male_genitalia-thumb.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

16545Tri-Noded_Blueberry3-thumb.jpg
[/url]

Δ9-THC

Interesting! I'll have to look at my plants (and pics) to see what sort of node development my plants expressed early on. They look great this morning, by the way! I'll have to take some more pictures soon. Good to hear that I've got a litle while yet to take some clones, that'll give me time to set up a cloner with a small flourescent or something. Peace

Δ9-THC

2nd day of 12/12

2nd day of 12/12

Not a whole lot has changed, just growth. Regardless, here are some pics:

New hygrometer/theremometer

Grapefruit

The blueberries (left) are starting to edge ahead as far as height goes.

Grapefruit

Blueberry

Here's the damage from adding only bloom for a while, burn due to lack of micros, remind me not to do that again. Thankfully it only really effected two leaves on the far right plant, so I'm not too worried.

Trifoliate on grapefruit

Hopefully they'll fit!

I used foil tape to seal up a few cracks around the seams of my pseudo grow room. I guess I never really explained this. I essentially built a cabinet inside of my closet (really long closet). I used fiberboard to box in the side and bottom, and partially box in the front sides and bottom. The 400w lamp heats up the entire room enough to where I have to open the windows to keep the rez temps down, but that's okay by me. The humidity is a little high, but it's raining out, so it seems reasonable to me, haha. Peace.

G

They look healthy..... things are progressing.

They look healthy..... things are progressing.

Looks like they are progressing nicely.

Peace