What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Haze F2

M

Mountain Kine

California now allows land owners the option to grow 6 plants under its recreational cannabis law.

This summer I will be growing Tom Hill's Monkey Haze F2. I will sprout quite a bid more seed than necessary and choose the 6 most NLD females for the garden.

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

:tiphat:

M

Mountain Kine

Germination Day

Germination Day

Time to Spring forward in to the grow

I’m going to germinate quite a bit more than the 12 it would take to produce the 6 required females.

Reasons for this are twofold: First the seeds are a bit old now. I kept them in the fridge since Tom gave them to me 5-6 years ago, but you just never know. Second, I remember back when Tom and CBF grew them out they popped about 1,000 of them and selected the best 100 that resembled Tom’s ideotype for the line from the seedling stage.

I was lucky enough to see the 1 of 800 selection grown in a black box at Tom’s that year before CBF lost the clone by missing watering it during the madness of the Mendocino Harvest Shuffle.

I figure I will use the same logic and sprout about 72 seeds , keep the 18 that show NLD as early as possible and then sex those for the summer recreational plant garden.

Here’s my stash of the seed. The writing in sharpie is Tom Hill’s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 43

GlaZed420

Now that's a lot of seeds for 6 plants lol. Good luck though we are doing something similar. I popped 24 for 6 plants

M

Mountain Kine

I ended up setting down 96 seeds to germinate

Attachments

• 1CD51A08-7848-48A6-8C79-11E7F7173D26.jpg
    1CD51A08-7848-48A6-8C79-11E7F7173D26.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Good luck with your search!

This should be an awesome thread!

Now if only someone could find Tom Hill ..

M

Mountain Kine

Good luck with your search!

This should be an awesome thread!

Now if only someone could find Tom Hill ..

We talk via email sometimes.

I got these seeds from him in exchange for sending him some money western union to the Philippines to pay for his exit visa.

Haven’t had the time to go down and BBQ in quite a few years, much to my regret. I owe a big part of where I’m at today in the garden and many other aspects to long conversations and time spent under the guys wing.

Salute to him. Truly a Mendocino legend.

Going to be a great thread. :joint:

dank.Frank

I promise not to disappoint

Limeygreen

Veteran
Hope he is doing well and can't wait to see what you find in those seeds, I'm sure we will all be drooling.

M

Mountain Kine

It is good to hear he is in contact with someone. Thanks for that update!

No problem.

Hope he is doing well and can't wait to see what you find in those seeds, I'm sure we will all be drooling.

I’ll do my best to deliver a good show.

It’ll be a fun grow for me for sure. We have a pretty decent greenhouse operation going however these 6 plants are what I’m most excited to grow this year.

I secretly want to subculture all the seedlings but I can just hear Tom in my ear about that one...

I’ll be back up to the farm in a couple days and look forward to seeing what kind of germination rates we got.

M

Mountain Kine

No real activity after a week in the ground.

Super bummed but it isn’t over yet...just going to end up growing something else that’s all

M

Mountain Kine

Fuck yah bro

Not much to "Fuck yeah" about. 0/96 germination rate. Ouch!!

I'm going in to my seed stash and pulling out some Sunset Sherbert x Sour Apple feminized seed I made last fall and see how those do outside.

Grateful1

California now allows land owners the option to grow 6 plants under its recreational cannabis law.

This summer I will be growing Tom Hill's Monkey Haze F2. I will sprout quite a bid more seed than necessary and choose the 6 most NLD females for the garden.

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

Looking forward to the show, and best of luck!

By any chance are u familiar with a variety name Monkey Paw, I believe it was done by TomHill

M

Mountain Kine

Don't remember the monkey paw, but I do know about the monkey balls.

Resetting some seed today.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By any chance are u familiar with a variety name Monkey Paw, I believe it was done by TomHill

Nope. There is a line of deep chunk made by Tom that someone renamed purple monkey balls - it has nothing to do with some random bud a hustler in Michigan had which he just happened to call "Monkey Paw".

Bummer on those Monkey Haze. Just be patient and keep being attentive to them. Maybe a few stragglers might pop up.

dank.Frank

M

Mountain Kine

Nope. There is a line of deep chunk made by Tom that someone renamed purple monkey balls - it has nothing to do with some random bud a hustler in Michigan had which he just happened to call "Monkey Paw".

Bummer on those Monkey Haze. Just be patient and keep being attentive to them. Maybe a few stragglers might pop up.

dank.Frank

We dissected the 6 packs and couldn't even find the seeds.

M

Mountain Kine

That's a bummer man.

Yeah it really is. I was hoping to do this work and come up with something unique. It's been YEARS since I have had a 0% germination rate.

Its possible that I cooked the seeds because I put the flats on a heat mat with a thermostat in one of my greenhouses that while its heated to 65 F at night outside temps have been still dipping in the 30s and sometimes high 20s.

The flats were on a shelf and I just am going to chalk it up to me cooking the seeds. VERY rarely have 0% germinated for me.

Way way back in the day SubCool gifted me some AxB seeds made by Hyb. This was the same seed stock that produced the DankAssBitch strain of OverGrow fame

I popped those no problems and they were much much older than these with only 1 not making it from that lot.

I'd love to blame it on the seeds, but I just can't.

The worst part is I still had some but lost the bag that had them somewhere on my ranch. Thats why I will grow a different variety and not just pop more in a different method