What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions about starting seeds outdoors.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
to start (without artificial light) , when nighttime temperatures do not fall below 20 Celsius inside the small balcony greenhouse has to take the morning sun, this is because if a cannabis plant goes below 20 c it will have more chances to become male ...

when at ground temperature it is 55 F you can put them in the ground... early may

It then always depends on what type of 6 plants you want, if you smoke 2 grams a day you would need 700 gr of weed, 120 gr to plant that you can have without using any fertilizer only water and soil ....
I tiny heater in that little house would extend your usage by a month.

I don't know about <20c=male though.

CrushnYuba

That is some myth. Nothing will make a plant more likely to be a male or female. Sex is predetermined before the seed is popped. Its genetic.

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
There is no female seed and male seed, as there is no female spermatozoon and male spermatozoon, seeds are cell like a spermatozoo ,sex will be determined by various factors, into DNA will have the Dioecious or Monoecious characteristics. more stressed the plant and more you could have male e/o hermit plants, temperatures that fall below 20 degrees are a form of stress?

Then instead there are the female seeds but also there feminized seeds are poss ibility to have erma ​​,,,

Koondense

Veteran
I don't believe plant sex is a product of environment. There is zero evidence to support this claim, afaik.

Cheers

CrushnYuba

I could be totally wrong as I know very little about plant biology but I was under the impression that cannabis was dioecious. I don't See how you could influence a chromosome of a seedling. Females are xx. Males are xy. I know that xx plants can grow "male" flowers but they are still xx.

When you make fem seeds, there is no male to donate a y chromosome... That's why they ALL end up xx.

Phylos has test kits to see if your plants are male or female at 7 days after you crack them by identifying the y chromosome. Pretty cool.

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
I don't believe plant sex is a product of environment. There is zero evidence to support this claim, afaik.

Cheers

I remember that they were tested a groups of regular seeds under 20 celsius and they developed more males instead of the other seeds above 20 celsius, where instead the females increased.

now all this story are an urban legend... yeah it could be

now I have a question: I have a package of 10 regular seeds, with this test I can immediately choose only the females so as not to plant the others ...

CrushnYuba

You have to crack the seed. It needs to have grown a leaf in order to get a sample to test. You can't just test the shell of the seed.
It's also 10$ a seed so it doesn't make sense for me. Maybe if i had very limited space..

I wish usa breeders made more fem seeds for outdoor growers. The seeds i usually want to do are not offered as fems. I also wish they kept lines available longer like euro breeders. Chances are, if i like something i ran, it won't be available the next year to do it again.

I’m about to order some Royal Queen feminised seeds. I keep seeing success videos of ppl doing them outdoors with way better vigor than I’ve seem from clones.

How many should I order to get 30 winners? Maybe 40? 50? 60?

Just ordered my beans for 2019 woot woot woot woot

Sensi Seeds - California Indica

Sensi Seeds - Blue cheese

Royal Queen - Hindu Kush

Royal Queen - Pineapple Kush

I’m stoked to grow from seed am hoping for a bigger, better harvest. Hopefully they all pop and are kick ass. I’ll start germination right when they get here I hopefully 2 wks or less.

DenverJim

Seeds germinate at 34 degrees F. I have seeds start coming up starting depending mid Feb. I had one start flowering late June. Some Nepal seeds came up this year and started flowering without me noticing. I am harvesting now, although a bit early, for hash. they are so covered in light amber trics These plants have been producing seeds since late Aug. I direct sowed Citral late may in some shitty clay( they don't care) Weeded out for spacing and runts now in a 2 ft x 2 ft area are 5 plants flowering. one has that extreme pine flavor. Always experiment with your own seeds wasting a few hundred who cares. The tree rats with bushy tails are eating the seeds of the plants though sprayed with garlic may try hot pepper extract. I wonder if I go find a few dead ones on the street and place them around the area it would help? Its always something Now if the weather holds for 6-7 weeks....

Latest posts

Latest posts