What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's '06 Garden and Tilted Outdoor SCROG

G

That is an impressive set-up you have there Butte. Nice lookin bully I see in the background. You check out the pit-bull responsibility thread? Since I see you are an owner I'd like some of your input.

A very impressed,
Seed

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I was bragging about my 15 gallon grow bags right before I came over here. I feel inadequate now :( lol ... nice strain selection! I'm sure you're gonna have some insane yields...

Butte

Veteran
Just a quick update. Things are getting tight in the main garden and I will have to move some of the “insurance” plants out to new spaces. I’ve had these growing alongside my others in case of something catastrophic, but I haven’t needed them yet (knocks wood). Another med patient approached me and I’ll be growing out those plants for them now, so, bigger pots and more space. Also, I just finished a bit of pruning on these ladies...

I forgot to bring something for a sense of scale and you’ll have to reference the previous photos for strain names…sorry.

The Main Garden

The Rocky Mountain TSCROG

The Long 3. These plants aren’t doing as well as I would have liked, but still OK.

I didn’t get a good shot of the Rocky Mountain out on its own, so that’ll have to wait for the next update.

Happy growing everyone!

- Butte :rasta: :yes:

V

vhGhost

Butte ... i think those plants are doing amazing .. their huge.... and btw that scrog is an awsome idea!!

G

Hey Butte

Good stuff mate. The TSCROG is great.
Would love an update. It must be getting close to BUD TIME!

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was just thinking of how things were goin over tehre, nice to see an update everything looks A O.K. the top shot is great, keep it up!

G

hey man did you make does pots? and if so how? those plants are looking great even the ones on L3

Butte

Veteran
Heh, heh, just rolled in from seeing String Cheese in Eugene...great shows. I had a couple branches snap over the weekend, but I'll try to throw up an update tomorrow or Wednesday. Things are looking good and I believe this will be my best year yet.

Bajanbutter – Yep, I made those pots. They’re very easy to size as you please. I cut an 11 foot length of 36” tall fencing into a circle and lined it with weed barrier cloth. Fill with goo soil and you’re ready to go. I plan on making an outside ring to try to keep the temps down around the edges, but it hasn’t been too detrimental yet.

- Butte

Butte

Veteran
Hello all

It’s getting pretty crowded in the main garden and I had a tough time getting a whole garden shot, but here’s my best attempt. Overall, I’m pretty happy with how this year is progressing. The Rom isn’t responding all that well to training, but the Rocky Mountain sure is. I think I’m going to let it go at this point as it’s just starting to show signs of triggering.

I’ll try to get a shot of the others and get it up soon…

- Butte

Butte

Veteran
Well, time for some more photos.

First off, a composite photo of the main garden

Due to a couple branches snapping, I built up a framework to hang the branches from. Each of the main posts are 10-11 feet long with approximately 6 foot spans around the tops.

Next up is a Trainwreck. I almost lost a huge branch on this lady, but a combination of taping, support, a bit of shade on the affected branch has allowed it to snap back. This was pretty amazing to me as there was only about an eighth of an inch of bark holding the whole branch on! I'll leave the shade for another week or so just to be sure it's recovered.

Next up is a Northern Wreck...

...and a Purple Urple...

Next up we leave the main pen to check out the solo Rocky Mountain. I've really enjoyed watching this plant and learned some great lessons about training. Namely, don't remove anything holding branches down or they will pop back up pretty quick!

Walking a little further, we come to the Long Three; R to L, Trainwreck, NW and another NW. The one on the right didn't get into its big pot until a couple weeks after the others. Major difference. Also, check out the size comparison to the first photo of these three :woohoo:

All in all, this summer is shaping up to be one of the best yet…

Happy growing all - Butte

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

unbelievable .. .. thats some nice frame work, and 1 massive Stem!!!!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Gawd, thats so sweet looking. Multiple pound plants maybe? I'd be worried about ripers and cops with plants that huge and in such neat rows.

Last edited:

Butte

Veteran
:bat: :biglaugh:
Deft said:
Gawd, thats so sweet looking. Multiple pound plants maybe? I'd be worried about ripers and cops with plants that huge and in such neat rows.

Well, I hope for a pound or more per plant this year. We'll just have to wait and see. As for the cops, they know what I'm doing as I called them at the beginning of the season. I know that sounds crazy to some, but it actually makes some good sense. I'm at my plant numbers, my paperwork is in order (and for legitimate conditions), and by telling them I'm growing, a search warrent can only be had to look at the garden, nothing else. Also, all the people I know that have taken this approach, none have ever been visited (knocks wood).

Rippers...well...the ol' Remington pump action twelve and my doggies are all I'll need there!

:bat: :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts