What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Im stuck choosing a mini split, advice needed!!!

Devoted1

Would you guys spend 4k on a 4 ton excel air system or get TWO 2 ton mini splits from chigo, soleus, or tropical all rated at 13 seer for 2k? Is it worth it to pay the extra 2k on a trusted brand or get an extra 2 ton mini split on the side in case something happens since its only 1k each? Thanks for any and all inputs.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a 21 seer friedrich, only 9k btu tho.
easy to install yourself if need be.
thing kicks ass!

Devoted1

Thanks for the advice fellas! I found these two mini splits on thermospace. They are both 24k btu DC inverters.

Mini split #1 "Serville AURA" - Is rated at 19 Seer, comes with a 1 year warranty on parts and 5 year warranty on the compressor made by Toshiba.

Mini split #2 "AirCon" - Is rated at 18 Seer, comes with a 2 year warranty on parts and 5 year warranty on the compressor made by Mitshubishi.

Both cost around 1.5k

Edit: What do you guys think? Which would be the better choice between the two.

watts

ohms
Veteran
if you want a 2 ton go with mitsubishi mr slim... if you want a 3 ton, the fugitsu 36clx1 is best value.. in the cool only models.

and i guess a friedrich breeze if you want easier DIY option.

P

Puscifer

Some good advise being given here. Spend your money on a quality name brand unit. Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, Daikin, lg - those are pretty much the top of the line brands, with Mitsubishi and Daikin taking top spot. And as suggested, you could always get a dual head unit.