What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutes for a 6 buckets RDWC system

I have been doing alot of research on nutes for my next grow in a month or so to use in a 6 bucket RDWC system. the res is 18 gal and the buckets are 4 gal. Right now im running advanced micro grow bloom line with sunshine mix but there is no way i can feed this hungrey machine with these pricey nutes. I want cheap but great nutes, I was told maxi grow and maxi bloom, but i doubt my results will even come close to what im doing with advanced line..

I need great quality,cheap, very complete and very concentrated so it goes a long way. dont forget im going to be using about 20 gals of nutes per week.too me thats alot and pricey

I just cant decide on a nute , Im so lost on what to decide, I would hate to work so hard at this and get lousy results because i went with a crappy nute line. someone told me to try Ionic micro grow and boost and thats it, they insist that i will be happy with results ,does any one have any clue what i should go with ?

I dont think maxi grow and maxi bloom are what i want ,nor do i think the lucas formula is right for me ... i need a bit better than that.. i want dank in the end....

Thanks

Faint

U

Ultra Current

All i use is general hydroponics

Micro
Bloom
Kool bloom liquid
Kool bloom powder
Clorox Bleach (2 tsp / 40 gallons)

Nothing else needed for amazing results

jm420

Veteran
whats so special about advanced nutes
I want a corvette but only want to pay for a chevette

but for the price and quality lucas, plus additives is the way to go. if not go house and garden

whats so special about advanced nutes
I want a corvette but only want to pay for a chevette

but for the price and quality lucas, plus additives is the way to go. if not go house and garden
there is nothing special about advanced nutes, It is the only nute that i have ever used and worked with , so i dont know what can work better and cheaper..thats why i been asking you all here.

what additive would you use with lucas mix? even after seeing the vids of peopel using lucas .I guess it is hard for me to wrap my mind around the lucas formula. It just baffles me that you dont use one of three bottles and get good results ...

I wish i seen first hand how other nutes perform before i went with advanced. I guess to answer your question about whats so special about advanced i guess just the pictures on bottle. Ik nowthats why it is so much money. This is why im tryingtoget away from it.

any idea on how Ionic nute is ?

I hear a nute is just a nute,I just want to make sure that the next nute i use has everything i need to bring out all the best of the genetics im working with. being i started with the advanced using the additives i dont know if its the micro grow and bloom thats making the plants do well and i dont know how much the additives are really doing. I should have started small and then added a additive here and there, not use additive right away,because now i have no idea whats doing what and what i really need to bring out the best in my genetics.

well anyway

Thank you for all the comments

Faint

Last edited:

bagada

lucas formula is best
either 8ml micro and 16 ml bloom
or
maxi bloom
....personally i would go with maxi bloom since its cheaper and ive heard great stuff about it. I think there is a benefit of it being a dry fert. you dont need to use maxi grow. The best results will come from just starting small doses and gradually increasing until you know your plants limits. The reason is you will NEVER shock your plants.I even have experienced this with outdoor plants. the best fert for outdoor is OSMOCOTE time release pellets and miracle grow. Isnt it IRONIC that the 2 cheapest ferts work the best(Osmocote needs to be applied only once...maybe twice for the entire grow)

so recap is buy maxi bloom
start very small doses
gradually increase until harvest
SIMPLE

bagada

Also anywhere in nature when you drastically change something it is usually bad. Aqaurium plants get shocked easily when you change water. fish get shocked easily when moved from the store to your aquarium. I also believe in beneficials in the water vs sterile environments. sterile is more maintanence. Its easy to convince someone but when you experience it for yourself is when you really understand.

My cousin just got into aqauriums. He bought a brand new tank and about 6-7 live plants. he ran the filter with no fish or plants in it for 2 weeks to stabilize the water. then he put the plants in. A few didnt survive and "melted" or "rotted" away. I thought "wow aquatic plants are sensitive."Then he had to move his tank to his new house in only a month of having it. he emptied out 90% of the water and by the time we got to his new place, the tank was trashed. He had to re-organize everything from plants to substrate. "I thought for sure they would all die." But lo and behold a few days later the plants were fine. he then put about 20 more plants in and they all survived and looked healthy. the reason was that the beneficial environment was established already so it didnt matter that the plants were thrashed around. it was the water environment that caused the first batch of plants to die. but the strong healthy environment of the tank allowed for way more plants to be added. He then added an external filter that holds beneficial bacteria via porous rocks. His water is now crystal clear.

The reason im telling this story is that i really didnt get how beneficials could be better than sterilizing everything. Bacteria just seems so weak compared to strong chemicals, but after what i witnessed i can honestly say beneficials are the way to go

So now instead of thinking that changing water frequently in hydro is better and healthier, I feel that maintaining that stable-beneficial environment is the key to success and LOW MAINTANENCE

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
what additive would you use with lucas mix? even after seeing the vids of peopel using lucas .I guess it is hard for me to wrap my mind around the lucas formula. It just baffles me that you dont use one of three bottles and get good results ...

Look... you're just starting with hydro so do yourself a favor and keep it simple the first 3-5 runs.

You already have AN nutes... mix them according to the lucas ratio.

Get over the "Not using 3 bottles" issue fast... you keep forgetting that these nutes are formulated for use with THOUSANDS of different types of plants, shrubs, trees and what not.... why is it so difficult to believe that the best formulation for those nutes and cannabis is what professional growers are telling you to use?

I think that's the most difficult thing for me to grasp.... page after page after page after thread after thread after thread of grows using only Lucas with awesome results.... and people balk and think they know better?

Nothing personal... you're just one of millions doing the same thing.

Me? Personally? I studied hydro and micro-growing for 6 months before trying it. Read up on every method, nutrient and style available and found what? Lucas gave the best results for ALL growers, had the fewest issues and (back then) had the most people that knew how to use it offering support online for it.

End result? Flawless first crop, no issues, no questions. *shrug*

I'm just cringing, waiting for the next "I just planted my seeds I paid $200 for... what do I need now and what do I do with it?" thread. *sigh*

K.I.S.S.
It stands for Keep It Simple Stupid....

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

ajc0k

I'm on my first rdwc grow, switched from coco.. i'm using maxibloom, so incredibly easy, never looking back!. I just add nutes to a mason jar of hot water and dissolve the nutes, add to the control bucket till i hit the target EC. I'll leave it alone 3-4 days at a time, plants growing perfectly, it's dope!

I'm on my first rdwc grow, switched from coco.. i'm using maxibloom, so incredibly easy, never looking back!. I just add nutes to a mason jar of hot water and dissolve the nutes, add to the control bucket till i hit the target EC. I'll leave it alone 3-4 days at a time, plants growing perfectly, it's dope!
any pics of flowering action

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I just switched to the Dutch master Gold One system. I did some research and its a very clean and not salty nute.

dm one (grow and flower)
dm add.27 (grow and flower)
dm silica
dm zone
dm potash

We sell it at MyGardenDoctor.com also

Click logo below.

K

krest

KISS for me = Dutch master A&B at 1:1 ratio, Chlorine or chloramine, and whatever PK booster I got on sale.

OMG man , I cant believe my eyes , Heath Robonson, is doing some amazing growing, He sure does now his stuff .. Thank you very much for the link. Im speachless:jawdrop:

Faint

Megas

The Lucas Formula, I just want to be sure of something that I think I am over thinking is that from beginning to end (except flush obviously) you use the same ratio of nutes right? That to me seems strange I just want to be sure. Thx for letting me borrow your thread here bud, I don't see a reason to make a new one.

The Lucas Formula, I just want to be sure of something that I think I am over thinking is that from beginning to end (except flush obviously) you use the same ratio of nutes right? That to me seems strange I just want to be sure. Thx for letting me borrow your thread here bud, I don't see a reason to make a new one.
Borrow as much as you want, its all for a good cause ,to learn and get better at this ..

ajc0k

Well 8 ml micro 16 ml bloom is the full dose for RDWC/hydro applications.. you may want to slice the dosage in half for youngins/clones/seedlings of course, then work your way up to the 8ml micro and 16 ml bloom per gal.. just to clarify :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts