What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Krusty Buckets" please explain.

Seed Buyer

My boy just got a 4000 square foot warehouse. He is going to do 20K of light and keep the plant count to 99 so we need to grow 5 monster trees per light to get 6.5-8 oz per tree. I was looking at the Krusty System and it looks to just be a top drip recirculating hydro set up. Am I missing something or is that all this system really is?

bron2k

wasup seed! you can do drip but if you're using a lot of additives it can clog your emitters very quickly. i'm currently doing DWC in 5 gallon buckets which is pretty much like krusty buckets and having good results with it. i recommend doing 9 buckets or plants per light. you're doing 1k right? when you're trying to do bigger plants i highly recommend using 1k so the light can penetrate further down the plants and you get nicer solid buds as well. i wish i could do 20k lol!! that shit would sick. take pictures if you can i would love to see it. feel free to ask any questions cuz i would love to help you guys out! peace bro..

bron2k

here's a couple pics of my setup!!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Seed Buyer

Thanks, we are still deciding on a system. We usually run drip systems over tables, but want to get away from bulky tables and go 5'x5' per 1000 watter. I have quite a few ebb & grow systems I just figured the 2 gal buckets might be small for 5'-6' shrubs. Might just convert the ebb & grow to drip systems.

DunHav`nFun

This thread`s 6 yrs old folks , and there`s far easier ways ta grow big plants without the fear of root rot , so look into PPK`s ftw...

Krusty buckets are 24/7 recirculating "SWC" that require constant maintenance and rez change outs , plus chillers to prevent root born pathogens....

Good luck....DHF.....:ying:....

Latest posts

Latest posts