What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Orange x Bubbalicious & Calloway Blue grow by mellomel.

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
These are some freebies we received, so I am giving them a whirl.
It is my vague attemp to encourage more lady growers out there.

Veg; 4x36w 4 foot fluro lights.
Then 1000wmh until desired height is reached.
Flower; 1000w sodium, additional 400w if required.

Medium using is 100% coco (general hydroponics-cocotek)

Have not decided on nutes yet. Any advice, please feel free...

We have used floranova in the past. But we were not satisfied.
We found it made all our plants smell and taste the same, but yet they were different strains...
Also it left black floaties in our rez.

They will be flowered in 12 litre pots.
Drain to waste on a 4x4 table, with 15-20% runoff, ph'ed @ 5.8.

Current flower room temps- 20deg c (lights out) and 26deg c (lights on).

Odour control; 656cfm, inline fan with activated carbon filter with a passive air intake.

Other Accessories; Ocsilating fan, heater(for cold nights), Eutech ph pen and ec pen.:canabis:

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there, nice thread and crosses cant wait for some buds to see
peace and good Karma

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Cheers Shaun. You've now put your apprentice to work...lol.
Te Amo... Inamorata...I love you...

lordbudly

Veteran
i bet it will be delicious, most people under rate nirvanas strains, especially their flavor ones (bubbalish, blue mystic, cali o) :yummy:

mellomel

ICMag Donor
QUICK UPDATE

QUICK UPDATE

These babies are definetely taking there time to show thier tails.
Shaun and I were a bit worried, and were going to start more.
But this morning, their were 4 little surprises. Tap roots are looking strong. It had been about 90 hrs before the first crack.

Has anyone else thats grown these strains noticed the same thing?
I am really curious to know. ?????????????

We are doing nothing different than usual and we, so far, have had a 100% germination rate with this method with other strains. Maybe they are just slow poppers. (paper towel and covered saucer method placed on books then on top of computer for warmth as it is very cold were I am. Max temp 20-25 degrees cels.)

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Update...

Update...

All concern is now gone. They have been ungraded to their party cups.
I will post more pics when there is more growth.

Link also works now too...:joint:

mellomel

ICMag Donor
2/2 calif. oj showed their heads but unfortunetely 1/2 showed it's head after we put them in their party cups. And it is such a slow mover, not worth a photo yet... They did eventually tail of course but it took longer than the average 72hrs. Shaun And I checked the ph level atleast 3 times, and temp remained stable and consistent. But it took nearly 120hrs for them to just show signs of cracking. Will post pics of the lone survivor as soon as I am 100% sure it is strong and healthy...

We started feeding our 'Jackonesia's' and 'Kush x G13' today, feel free to check them out...Credit mostly goes to my husband, Shaunmulok...

picture.php

feltonmuggs

I wanna hop on this train nice and early, i see potential with what you got running here mellomel.

Do you know the lineage of the Calloway Blue?
I'm interested in blue phenos cause I have been running blue dynamite, got blueberry in seed, and looking for potential crosses that can frost up with blue hues. I've about maxed the BD out....looking forward to your frosty pics!

Good vibes

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Description: Breeder Gdawg
callaway blue(kcxmountain jam) this is an untested cross of mine, the kc mother a cross of nl5 and an unknown standout father. the chimera mountain jam father used in this pollination was chosen out of a dozen males or so. the kc mother is a hazy lady that likes to stretch so be prepared and a great yield possible if scrogd'. the mother also finishes in 55-58 days and extremely high resin content, with medium size dense nugs.taste and smell are topnotch piney and fruit tones very stony

This is the description from the seedbay auction
Hope this helps

Last edited:

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Description:Breeder Hansel :Cali O x Bubblicious
These are coming for either freebies or 420 auction, wherever they are most useful. The seeds are a cross of a Nirvana Bubblicious male to a Nirvana California Orange Bud female. I think I sent in about 100 seeds. I do not know what to expect as I have never made a cross from two different strains.

The Bubblicious is very true to it's name. It has a powdery, musty sweet baseball card bubblegum flavor in vaporiser. The dry bud in a jar has a coffee skunky aroma, but when you break a bud it smells like sweet bubblegum with herbs. It has a euphoric buzz that is very happy. It is sativa like, grows easily in soil, stretches in bloom, and is a moderate producer.

The California Orange Bud again is true to its name. It has a really nice sweet orange rind aroma and taste. It coats the tongue with an orange flavor when you have it through a vaporizer. The buzz is nicely balanced and strong. It is a very indica strain, stays short, easy to grow, and produces well. The buds of both of the parents look like pure hash.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Looking great my friends!!!! You all make a great team. Couples that grow together "grow together".:joint:

Mel,,,Did you get the table finished? Wife keeps looking really hard at our's LOL.

Peace/Love INH

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Hi Mellomel,

I noticed that the Cali-O x Bubblicious seeds were slower to sprout, and I believe it is because the seed shell is very hard. I had 5 for 5 on test germination, but they did take a bit longer. My friend said he pinched the end of the seeds open with his fingernails and said it helps them sprout out of their shell. It seems that Bubblicious or Bubblegum is usually a slow starter too compared to other seeds.

Once put into flower, this cross is a pretty quick grower. Very aromatic and flavorful.

Happy gardening.

X

xinsanewickedx

what up mel and shaun.looking great can't wait for some bud shots

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi hansel, they were a little slow but are up now and growing well, we had 100% germ rate(2 seeds), Thanks for the tip i think next round we will scuff them a little but as long as they come up were happy even if it does take a little longer
Peace and good karma
Hi insane, glad you stumbled across it there will be a couple additions to mels family soon
Peace

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Thank you heaps Hansel for the info.

Hey INhail, I have been a bit lazy on the table, plus we have had the heating on constantly because it is sooo cold at the moment. And that will cause the grout to dry to fast and crack. I am waiting for an average day that requires no heater to be on, and then i'm on to it. But I think Shaun is allergic to the cold as it is him that turns the heater on all the time,lol. As soon as it's done, I will post a pic for you both.

IW- i can't wait for the bud shots too, thats when i get camera happy, lol...

Cheers to all for the kind words of encouragement...

K

Kush_Dreams

can my newbie butt pull up a chair? :smile:

the strains sound great! best of luck to you i can't wait for you to get camera happy with the ladies :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts