What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ultra Sonja over view

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Steele Savage, I heard about it from you on here somewhere. I'm on the east and i've never had the pleasure of being able to go to a dispensry yet but maybe 1 day. I read a lot of Blockhead threads and related strain threads like the Ultra Sonja and Blue Sonja in a very short time and finally my eyes where opened to the BH and all the wonderfulness of this strain. You were discussing the Merlot pheno and you mentioned you had the Crippin pheno also so I was interested in just hearing a little about it if you had the time someday.

I think it shows the detail you take as a breeder to find these killer phenos within the main line you are working and then isolate them into their own strain that can stand on their own. Glad I got your BH IBL 1st to try as you've put a lot of time and selection into this project and should prove to have great results. I need a racy skull scratcher in my life :). Shooting for some DMT next hopefully. Keep up the good SS! Take care 1

P.S. If you have a pic of the Crippin pheno could you put it up 1 day? Thanks in advance

G

guest3854

Kant, I'll git tha full Crippin' description up, gonna have'ta find it, but.. She was respectfully named in thought of living legend, C-Bo. She is a darker, blue green lady, with a stretchiness, throwing fattened, full blue and cheese tastes and aromas. A club cut, but worthy, none tha less...

Regarding my work with tha Blockhead line, I know it front and back and with any continuing, worked line, it is my go to, fer stabilizing my outcrosses.

Steele

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy SS :) didnt know the Sonja was Blockhead :) didnt know you were Grindhouse :) definitely gonna get some :)

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Thats whats up SS, can't wait for that. GL to ya'll in 2012 and I look forward to seeing what other projects ya'll are working on in the upcoming years. Take care 1

Y

YosemiteSam

For what it is worth I grow 1 pheno of Mob Boss and 2 different phenos of Prophet. I just grew out Ultra Sonja and got a Cheese pheno that is my favorite Grindhouse plant period. Racy at first, really fuckin strong and tasty. Yield is a hair lower than the Tang Tang phenos but holy fuck, so worth it.

Hasanen

I have 1 Ultra Sonja going with few other plants, 1½weeks flowering now. US is the healthiest plant i've ever grown so far, showing no defs or burns! It is starting to develop hairs now, didn't stretch too much in the beginning of flowering but with 2-3months vegging stretching wasn't really necessary. :D Nice and even, bushy growth, lower side branches reaching nicely towards the light and i think the main cola is gonna be huge too. No scropping or training was needed.

US is going in 10litres soil (soil, maybe 1:5 coco and some clay balls in the mix) and i'm using Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom and some guano tee as an some kind of additive. I water the plant every second morning just when the light turns on, morning rain time!
I can allready see the buds swelling... Every night when i close my eyes. :D Definetily gonna keep this feno alive and going, got it as a cutting from a friend who chose this one out of 9 seedlings.

Acotaco

well after reading all about this and seeing it was only 30 a pack on the bay I snatched one up today. Can't wait hope I get a good cherry or merlot pheno. My first grindhouse purchase but not my last.

H

Homer J Pimpin

picture.php

primobud

I'm growing my first Ultra Sonja. I've got 11 that have been flowering for 42 Days. I put them into flower after 5 weeks vegging. 11 clones taken from 11 new Ultra Sonja seedlings vegged 8 weeks. Ultra Sonja is a winner. Easy to clone, loves lots of food and the buds speak for themselves!!! Two have no sign of red hairs and the other 9 have red hairs just appearing, one looks like it may be ready F56-F63. Here's a few pics. The true torture test is the buzz-o-meter in 3-5wks. I have it on good authority the "PRIMO" light will be flashing for all 11. From the look's of the tric's I'm not worried. Check these out.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Here Is a Ultra Sonja that I was able to reveg. The amount of trichomes one these plants makes it very difficult for the tender new shoots to emerge.

primobud

Thanks mayan here it is 9 days later I have 3 plants being flushed and the other 8 will be ready over 2-3 weeks.
Here's a shot of 2 buds at F58. The first is a plant that had amber trics in every microscope view at F56 the second looks like its just starting to ripen, hairs still 50% white I'd say I won't see amber till F70?

primobud

Howdy, today I sampled my 1st Ultra Sonja. In my own thread I have an ongoing description of everything. I decided I'd post my very first post after sampling in this thread cuz it's Steele's thread and they're his seeds. Hey Steele, you should get ahold of NASA! My first sample (Plant #4) is rocket fuel. I'm not too poetic when it comes to my descriptions but I've been reefing since 73 and I know if I'm stoned. If I'm stoned half way through the doober I'm happy. In this case I was fried half way through the joint and here I am an hour later babbeling away. Very good buzz, Plant #4 is a winner only 10 to go. Right On Grind House!!!

primobud

Plant #2!!! Right on so far, Plants, 2, 4 & 7 all Primo Bud. I just smoked my first doober of #2, I'm a happy guy, right on GH. Here's a shot of #2 just before harvest.

primobud

Holy shit I'm the last guy to post here! Anyway Ultra Sonja are number one in my books. Not a dud in the bunch. I grew 11 plants different pheno's Vegged 5wks and I had 4 that were over 40g! All awesome weed, I have a few favorites that I'm taking into next year. Here's a few shots of the >40 gram'rs. Primo Bud for sure folks.