What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

FJ2000

Seeded Bud

Seeded Bud

picture.php

View image in gallery

Pollinated a bunch of bud to get some seeds. SK#1 male With a SK female, a cheese and a lemon candy.
Alot of the pistils have already turned brown.
Question, is that the end of the growth or will they continue to produce new caylx?
Thanks for checking out the grow
F2

FJ2000

Some week 4 pics, been pretty smooth but think I’m a little heavy on the N right now, plants are deep green. Going to back off the micro and just run bloom.
Stuck my hand in the tent the other day and got an intense orange aroma!! I really like that smell. Anyone have experience with Crockett’s Tangnie seeds? Hard to grow? Anyone have recommendation on crazy orange flavored strains?
Thanks for checking out the grow!
FJ

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Lookin good! I've never grown Tangie, but orange smell sounds awesome! I love me some citrus smelling strains.

FJ2000

Thanks Pothead! The smell is coming from one of the Lemon Candy that’s definitely a couple weeks behind the skunk which is pretty nuts, each of the 4 main colas are heavy! The cheese is overpowering with that musty cheese stank, it’s the main smell when I open the tent.
My arm rubbing against the LC must have really put those terps in the air. I’m bummed I didn’t clone it but I did spread some skunk pollen on a few buds so I hope it will show up sometime in the future.

FJ2000

Well my dumbass went and done burnt the cheese...

Well my dumbass went and done burnt the cheese...

Runoff management has been a bit of a PITA. I found a 2x4 flood and drain table in the garbage on the side of the road about 3 months before my first grow. I slammed on the brakes when i saw it and said SCORE! to myself...then I got it home and paranoia kicked in and I said to myself...you just outed yourself...that was a stakeout... Turns out the guy was cleaning out his barn. I scored a couple cherry vintage bikes from him one of which is a '54 Raleigh sports tourist that my wife gets compliments on whenever she rides it. Anyway, sorry... it already had two holes drilled so when i first set it up it just drained into a big roasting pan that i had a pump in...it'd fill up and I'd pump the water into a bucket and drag it upstairs to dump in the garden...ecofriendly but was a hassle.

This run I anticipated more stretch so I switched to 12" saucers ... fuuuck that...some plants use more water, tiny runoff, other plants, shit would be overflowing...back to the tray. This time a realized I had an old floor drain in the corner of my basement. Got those botainicare flood/drain fittings and hooked up black vinyl tubing then ran it straight to the floor drain...done. The tubing is pretty soft and kinks as it comes off the fittings but a PEX piping 90 router fixes that. I built the table stand to maximize airspace in the tent and still get drainage.
Anyway.. durning this whole process feeding went off timer and I’d let shit go a day without watering, then I went off the reservation and ran micro a week to long. My POS Hanna pH meter became unreliable, shit started looking funky so I said! NEEDS CALMAG!! WRONG! My 2+ ec bunt the Cheese.. FUCK! It’s so frosty and getting thick...
Skunk shows a little burn and the Lemon Candy did fine as it’s at least a week behind.... live and learn... don’t just start throwing calmag at shit and no more Hanna meters...

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
smoked tangie the reserva privada one through crocket friend grew it some serious orange terps easy growing from what i saw

FJ2000

Trashed my plants in the home stretch

Trashed my plants in the home stretch

I think I started flushing to early at the start of week 7 and these are listed as 9-10 weekers... ugh, this cheese bud is just yellowing daily, do I pull now and cut my losses or just keep going? Can I start running some bloom nutes for a few days what do you guys think?

FJ2000

smoked tangie the reserva privada one through crocket friend grew it some serious orange terps easy growing from what i saw

I’m gonna try a soil grow this fall and those are on my list. Ordered some coots soil builder from KISOrganics... hopefully I won’t fuck that up like I just did this run.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
fj2000,

imo i wouldnt feed anything else, 3 week flush will give you a clean smooth smoke. outside of the ph issue you did a good job and the coots mix should do you good on your next run.

also, when you go to post pics at the Top Right of the pop up there is a drop down menu next to AS: where you can select 'Original Size' for your pic and they will come out bigger.

peace

scouts

FJ those plants are looking killer man. you'd never know it was your first grow. keep it up bro.

FJ2000

Into the dark with you!!!

Into the dark with you!!!

Just finishing week 9 and these things are done! Skunk showing amber late last week with lemon and cheese mostly cloudy with a couple amber trichs. Going to let them sit in the dark for a couple days and just chop and hang as is.
Was a fun grow, had some smell issues and really needed to tighten up the ventilation. Learned to watch and respond to the plants needs and not just follow nute schedules. Doing multiple strains with different likes and needs is challenging when automating and running one reservoir.
Have 50 gallons of Coots soil cooking now. Going to try a couple autos outside this summer, see how that goes. My big concern with soil indoors is the bug issue. I’ve avoided bugs these last two runs and would like to keep it that way.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
running several diff. strains in flower can be a pain but once you are using the coots mix the plants can feed at their own rate and the nutrient part of things should get easier.

peace

Greenthumber

After an almost 2 decade hiatus from “growing” ( in retrospect the grows of my early 20’s were totally out of control with over veg’ed sativas running up into lights fired by obnoxiously loud magnatic ballasts in rooms with little ventilation, I’m lucky I didn’t start a fire or get clipped by the fuze)
I’ve decided to take another shot. This time I’ve got a secure basement room with good ventilation, I installed a dedicated circuit to code to run my setup in a 2x4x7 w/ Solis tek ST600 ballast, Can Max Pro ( haven’t decide which size filter to run yet). Got the 600 figuring to dim to 400 for the 2x4 for a few grows then move it to a 4x4 for flower and get a T5 for the 2x4 to use as a veg tent.
I’m using coco, I have a stash of GH 3 part that I use in my kitchen DWC system( basil, lettuce..) so I’d like to use that before maybe moving over to soil at some point in the future. I’ve got ec, pH meters, all that stuff from my DWC setup. Been lurking the forums for awhile and rereading Clarke’s MJ botany, so i think I’m ready to roll.
So here’s the seed stash I’ve acquired..
10 Seedsman Skunk #1 Reg
10 Nirvana Northern Lights Reg
10 Nirvana White Widow Reg
I have a bunch of Fems and autos in 2,3 and 5 packs
Seedsman Cheese fem 3
Nirvana OG Kush auto 5
Nirvana Aurora Indica 2
Greenhouse Kings Kush 2
And a few more I’m gonna hold off on.

Was thinking about running say 5 of one type of the regular seeds for the first three grows and save the fem seeds for a time when I can do cuttings. With the remaining 5 of the regs try to seed a few buds to get more seeds.
I’d love to run the skunk first but feel maybe Northern lights might let me get the ventilation system settled without blasting it with the stank, wife is totally cool but I do need a little stealth.
I’m really looking forward to growing those old school strains from the 80’s and 90’s, I know they are not the same but even if I can touch a little of the vibe that the OG’s of the game did it’d be sweet. Getting gear is so cheap and easy now, I have mad respect for the old heads who were coming up with this stuff in the basements and attics all while dodging the cops or busting out to Amsterdam.
What do you guys think, which seeds should I run first?
Thanks, I’m psyched to start this new adventure.
Peace!!

Sounds like you’ve got a nice little stash of old school genetics there! Growing some old school pre98 x whiterhino right now. Being the area is on the smaller end of the scale I wouldn’t veg anything you grow in that area too much before flipping or you’ll have a very tight mess to control, and have to stay on top of de leafing and have good air flow throughout (ventilation, fans, ac) etc and would try to grow out anything you put in there by type. (5 similar growing plants to have an even canopy, personally either of those regular packs you have. Skunk#1 , northern lights, white widow all would be On my first pick list lol but that’s just because I miss the taste of those strains and remember them well lol