What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grow 2 x 4 grow tent mars hydro

Packer420

Noob grow
56 days veg since surfacing above soil
Mars hydro 2 x 4 grow tent
Mars reflector 96 LED
Soilless mix with perlite
Feed every 2 weeks after 3rd week
Fish emulsion and molasses for veg
Molasses calcibloom bat guano and humus for the coming flower
Regular seeds
Nirvana master kush x juan herer and
Nirvana master kush x desconocida kush
Temps are 30ish and humidity high as 70
Very simple grow
Will need to score a dehumidifier asap!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 30

Packer420

As of today, these are regular seeds by the way, f2 cross.. hope those 3 bushes become mi girls!!

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26

Jonnysact

Something wrong with this one though.. Hhmmm...

Looks like a bit of Mag lockout. Are you getting any purpling of the stem on that plant? Are the veins on the backs of leaves turning purple? Has new growth slowed? A little leaf clawing at the ends there. Could be slight over watering or ph might be a tad off. A temp 30's is definitely on the high side doable but you'll want to get those a bit lower to minimize heat stress and stretching.

What are your numbers like PH & EC or ppm? You mentioned soilless so are you running a peat based mix? If it's peat, do you water to runoff?

Packer420

I still lack a lot of basic investments but definitely on the list. For water i just let sit then use when watering and feeding. Soil less mix yes and water til i see a run off water when like 4 inches dry. Never fed mag until 2 days ago and those pics were a week ago or less. Growth seemed to faster now. Yeah i really think i need to lower temps as well as humiditu specially now that i already flipped. A efficient dehumidifier would be nice and a better exhaust 6inch rather than my 4" now. ������������

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
First thing you should invest in is a ph meter. I really think a lot of starter problems all boil down to PH of the water being fed.

Jonnysact

Assuming you are in peatmoss, i've found that when I take my tap water which is 7.4 and 150ppm and then add my GH Floranova Bloom nutes between 650-850ppm, or around 1.2-1.8EC my solution ph stabilizes between 6.2 and 6.3. I started feeding with every watering and a good 15-20% runoff to wash away any salt buildup. My runoff since doing this is consistently between 900-1200 ppm or around 1.8 - 2.2 EC and a ph of 6.3 - 6.5.

I've never seen my plants so happy. Peat, Perlite and worm castings is my mix. I still use my ph meter to take readings, but I haven't actually adjusted my feed or water with any ph up or down in a few weeks now. If I start giving my plants a bit too much food, i simply lower the feed the following time with a good runoff.

I wish i had kept it this simple/stupid when i started 3 years ago... It took me 3 years to figure out I was messing things up by trying to... do something.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah, that PH meter will only tell you the PH, you will need PH up or down to actually adjust the water. I bought my PH up/down directly from my local hydro shop, it was the basically the same price and I prefer supporting local. A lot of places sell the GeneralHydroponics Test Kit, which includes a dropper, a vial of test solution, and a bottle each of Up and Down. If you get the Jellas PH meter I linked, you can get by with just bottles of Up or Down. And for a rule of thumb, I think it is 1cc/ml of Up/Down for each Gallon of water you want to move 1 full PH point. So to take 4 gallons of water .25 ph down, would take 1cc/ml. Or to move 1 gallon a full 1 down would take the same amount 1cc/ml. That's not a hard rule, everybody's water is slightly different, but it's a good rule of thumb. If you are going to be doing a lot of nutrient/additive measurements I highly recommend some blunt tip syringes as well. If you do use the syringes, label that shit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXPR7V4

Last edited:

Packer420

Yeah, that PH meter will only tell you the PH, you will need PH up or down to actually adjust the water. I bought my PH up/down directly from my local hydro shop, it was the basically the same price and I prefer supporting local. A lot of places sell the GeneralHydroponics Test Kit, which includes a dropper, a vial of test solution, and a bottle each of Up and Down. If you get the Jellas PH meter I linked, you can get by with just bottles of Up or Down. And for a rule of thumb, I think it is 1cc/ml of Up/Down for each Gallon of water you want to move 1 full PH point. So to take 4 gallons of water .25 ph down, would take 1cc/ml. Or to move 1 gallon a full 1 down would take the same amount 1cc/ml. That's not a hard rule, everybody's water is slightly different, but it's a good rule of thumb. If you are going to be doing a lot of nutrient/additive measurements I highly recommend some blunt tip syringes as well. If you do use the syringes, label that shit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXPR7V4

Thank You AgentPotHead! Really informative for a noob like me. Will save what you have imparted and practice once I get one.

In the mean time, 4 of 5 turned out to be males!!!
Budget is really tight and I only have one of those small inline can filters for exhaust which I know might have caused them to be males.
my humidity is really high as well up to 80 and left with one female which I hope I could save. Due to budget, would I rather invest first with those small electronic dehumidifiers which is way affordable now than a proper exhaust 6inches fan with carbon filter?

Months off hardwork gave me 80 percent males :(
My feminized seeds are on its way but I know I have to fix my 2 x 4 tent first.

What remedies can I do for now if I can't afford those nice dehumidifiers and that proper exhaust?

Thanks in advance!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That sucks on the 4 out of 5 males, but I don't think the exhaust or humidity had anything to do with that, just bad luck on the draw. A humidity of 80 is high, does the room the tent is in have that high of humidity or just the tent itself? If the room it's in has high humidity, a dehumidifier in the room would probably be the best bet, but larger than the one you linked. If the room has low humidity, but the tent is high, more transfer of air would probably be the best bet, so the fan. The dehumidifier you linked would only really be suitable for lowering the humidity in the tent itself, if the fans aren't pulling the air away faster than it can be dehumidified. You might have to lower exhaust speed to let the air stay in the tent long enough to get dehumidified though. That dehumidifier also has a very tiny reservoir that would need to be emptied daily, or some sort of jerry rigged hose setup to empty into a 5 gallon bucket. And as for the high humidity, if you can maintain enough air flow you theoretically should be okay. An exhaust fan for fresh air and a fan or two in the tent itself to keep it moving. So if you can't afford a decent dehumidifier I might track down a fan or two for inside the tent. https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Clip-Fan-Operation-Adjustable/dp/B00IGFJFSY

Packer420

That sucks on the 4 out of 5 males, but I don't think the exhaust or humidity had anything to do with that, just bad luck on the draw. A humidity of 80 is high, does the room the tent is in have that high of humidity or just the tent itself? If the room it's in has high humidity, a dehumidifier in the room would probably be the best bet, but larger than the one you linked. If the room has low humidity, but the tent is high, more transfer of air would probably be the best bet, so the fan. The dehumidifier you linked would only really be suitable for lowering the humidity in the tent itself, if the fans aren't pulling the air away faster than it can be dehumidified. You might have to lower exhaust speed to let the air stay in the tent long enough to get dehumidified though. That dehumidifier also has a very tiny reservoir that would need to be emptied daily, or some sort of jerry rigged hose setup to empty into a 5 gallon bucket. And as for the high humidity, if you can maintain enough air flow you theoretically should be okay. An exhaust fan for fresh air and a fan or two in the tent itself to keep it moving. So if you can't afford a decent dehumidifier I might track down a fan or two for inside the tent. https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Clip-Fan-Operation-Adjustable/dp/B00IGFJFSY

For now i replaced with a stronger fan inside the tent for the previous one was really "mild". Would try also to get one of those fans on the link for the clip fan i have now is weak.

Small portable dehumidifier came in yesterday and would use to help as im still to order one of those inline fans in amazon for my 2" x 4" x 6" tents.

Attached is a 6" from amazon with speed controller? Is this okay for my tent size? Can you recommend an inline fan from amazon which is really budget friedly and efficient..
Thanks heaps guys 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 18

EvergreenState

Don't forget to get calibration and storage solutions for the ph meter.
I have a standard botany text book that I had in college that states that the sex is already determined in the seed. You cannot make it male or female.

Packer420

Don't forget to get calibration and storage solutions for the ph meter.
I have a standard botany text book that I had in college that states that the sex is already determined in the seed. You cannot make it male or female.

Those ph buffers 4.0 and 7.0?
I saw somewhere feminized seeds that were fed to force to become males?

Ph kit and meter otw! Gotta add those calibrations let me google it then again:

Ruby_Abu

It looks very well. man. How many grams you finally got?
I was looking for a LED grow light for my 4x4 grow tent
i want to replace a 400W HPS light that i have used for a long time.
It worked well for the plants but spent me a lot of money on electricity bill.
Two of reflector 96 lights can wrok well for me? Do you have any suggestions?

Latest posts

Latest posts