What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i've tried to make some cobs. this method seems to be most interesting one to me. i follow tangwena's guide but i like to compress these flowers with a mold. i'm still searching for perfect way to make them. i tried to sweat the buds before pressing them and i tried sweating after pressing the brick. both seems to work in their own way. it's important to use about 65-70% hydration level stuff. too dry will not ferment well enough and too wet will get moldy very fast when drying it for curing stage. i also believe that success with this style of pressing depends more on the amount of material. too small cobs break up easily and too big cobs take longer time to finish. 30-40g seems to be a sweet spot. smaller one is about 15gr and bigger one is 55gr (still a bit moisty).
one more brick. this one is about 25-30gr. now you can see some comparison of different sizes. in my opinion 35-40g would be perfect. what do you think?

Attachments

• cob1.jpg
    cob1.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 84
  • cob2.jpg
    cob2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 83
  • cob3.jpg
    cob3.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 77
  • cob4.jpg
    cob4.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 84

Taima-da

That'll work. Pipe is good, just break it up a little, to let some air aid combustion. It can tend to sit inside the pipe and just singe the outside if you don't bust it up a little with the fingers.

I used to like letting a slice dry for a day or two, found it worked a bit better that way iirc.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
@wutwut , they look perfect my friend!

How old is it? How's it smell?
Magic creation brother I would buy one of those in a flash if I saw one for sale.
Yes how old, what smells and what was it made from?
thanks! this is only about 2 months old brick. first it was sweated for 24 hours in 40c temp, then fermented for 7 days in 30c, and after that i let it cure for a couple of months in room temperature 22-25c.

the smell is not very strong, but still prominent. i'm not good at scents.. i tell you, it's "weed", about to woody and something that i don't recognize well, maybe a little musky..?

i'm still doing some experiments with cobs, so this cob is mostly made of lower buds. and unfortunately this one have mostly indica genetics inside. BUT next time i will have some golden tiger and panama in my hands. and now i think i might know how to make cobs right. hmm.. :D this hobby gets more exciting everytime.

thanks for sharing your knowledge tangwena!

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena
I hope not offtopic
In South America you only got your fingers yellow when you just start
After that you turn to the tail smoking artifacts like this type
Some things survive the pass of time, this is canna anthropology/paleonthology and I love it
I hope you do too
View attachment 18861471 View attachment 18861472 View attachment 18861473
Crazy work of art brother love it.
When I was younger in Africa not many white guys smoked pot. We had never heard of Woodstock until I was told of it by a Canadian passing through ha ha.
We thought we were the only guys in the world who smoked pot we were that isolated from the world.
The cops picked us up all the time so something like a pipe or roach clip was too hot to have on you.
It was only when I left Africa on holiday to the UK at 16 that I found out about hash ect ha ha.

It was like living in a bubble the government sensored all the news, movies, books ect we only got told what we needed to know it was crazy.

When I returned from my holiday we started making oil from cobs and trading it for acid from people I had met while on holiday.
It really opened my eyes to the world and of course it got even hotter with the cops. I was on first names basis with all the CID ha ha.
I was one bust away from doing time, it was the old 3 strikes and your inside rules.
Never had a problem with the cops since I learned to keep a low profile and its served me well.

Tangwena

Veteran
thanks! this is only about 2 months old brick. first it was sweated for 24 hours in 40c temp, then fermented for 7 days in 30c, and after that i let it cure for a couple of months in room temperature 22-25c.

the smell is not very strong, but still prominent. i'm not good at scents.. i tell you, it's "weed", about to woody and something that i don't recognize well, maybe a little musky..?

i'm still doing some experiments with cobs, so this cob is mostly made of lower buds. and unfortunately this one have mostly indica genetics inside. BUT next time i will have some golden tiger and panama in my hands. and now i think i might know how to make cobs right. hmm.. :D this hobby gets more exciting everytime.

thanks for sharing your knowledge tangwena!
Well with your new found talent, the Golden Tiger and Panama are going to be stella cures man.
They are real powerful cured this way your going to love them.

Tangwena

Veteran
So to smoke cobs - just unwrap and smoke ? right (1-1.5 gr cobs) no rolling just unseal a cob and smoke it - guess bigger cobs one can break off what is needed - smoke in pipe Assuming this is correct ?
Cobs are way to dense to smoke like a joint my friend plus you could never finish one unless it was thin like a match stick.
You just brake off a chunk and grind it up as normal it burns like charcoal if cured right and dried.

Tangwena

Veteran
Today I'm aiming for some planet far away from here ha ha.
been sick with the flu for a couple of weeks so now I'm better time to hit the space race with the best cobs I have made in a long while.
This is a blend of two plants a purple pheno of Mulanje/Malawi Gold x Malawi/Ethiopian I made in June 2021.
First pic the cob made in 2021

img_0796-web(1).jpg

Then after curing and ready to age.

img_0819-web.jpg

And now a chunk I have in a jar for daily use the jar still smells of lime/pine which comes across nicely with a fermented fruit smell when chewed.
The high is pure mayhem laughter, dancing fired up brain very creative and lots of energy really makes life beautiful.

img_2915-web.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Looks awesome!, beautiful colours!.

Sorry to hear your feeling unwell. Hopefully the medicine will sort you out.

Today is original haze for us.

Looking forward to another tight game today. 😀

IMG_20230706_074628.jpg

I call this a rustic cob. It was harvested it when Mrs DM and myself were both unwell with the flu. I didn't clean the weed like I normally would, so there is a lot more leaf in it than I'd normally use.

It's amazing cob! Very clear and energetic. Motivating and euphoric.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Looks awesome!, beautiful colours!.

Sorry to hear your feeling unwell. Hopefully the medicine will sort you out.

Today is original haze for us.

Looking forward to another tight game today. 😀

View attachment 18861986
I call this a rustic cob. It was harvested it when Mrs DM and myself were both unwell with the flu. I didn't clean the weed like I normally would, so there is a lot more leaf in it than I'd normally use.

It's amazing cob! Very clear and energetic. Motivating and euphoric.
I call that a beautiful cob brother i love the rustic kind.
I think my cob in the previous post even still had its roots on ha ha.
I think the leaves and stalks even roots add to the authenticity ha ha Or it might be I'm just slack ha ha.
I had a good day chasing Alice today its nice to get just wiped out now and then ha ha.

Mount_Mulanje_Malawi_Vista.jpg

I'm still getting over Kwarja or whatever his name is getting rooted by Woods!
That guy is FAST!
I see they brought in extra security for the players in this game too.

image_2057720.jpg

Last edited:

CDNINCA

Today I'm aiming for some planet far away from here ha ha.
been sick with the flu for a couple of weeks so now I'm better time to hit the space race with the best cobs I have made in a long while.
This is a blend of two plants a purple pheno of Mulanje/Malawi Gold x Malawi/Ethiopian I made in June 2021.
First pic the cob made in 2021

View attachment 18861965

Then after curing and ready to age.

View attachment 18861964

And now a chunk I have in a jar for daily use the jar still smells of lime/pine which comes across nicely with a fermented fruit smell when chewed.
The high is pure mayhem laughter, dancing fired up brain very creative and lots of energy really makes life beautiful.

View attachment 18861963
Beautiful cobs there! I love the "sequence" of shots showing the evolution of it, spectacular!

Heal well, and fast!

blondie

The word envy is coming to mind when I see these wonderful cobbs. Have to say.. not smoked anything in many weeks, have not eaten anything in many many weeks, except small cbd piece a week or two ago now. It actually hurt quite badly. Missing the gift that keeps me on the same plane of existence as tangwena and others. I’m afraid I may be losing my gall bladder soon. Not sure yet and not sure what that may mean.

When the day comes, I’m ready with these. They look to be aging slowly but steadily. Note The shorter dry seems to darken more. Seems on track from what I’ve read here. Soon I’ll add two large ka5h plants to the Cobb pile, with improvements. Good health to all.

Attachments

• DB9F89C7-034C-4D1B-B539-B233D0EDC1FD.jpeg
    DB9F89C7-034C-4D1B-B539-B233D0EDC1FD.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 01D52535-0A75-43BD-85BC-F81A506439A1.jpeg
    01D52535-0A75-43BD-85BC-F81A506439A1.jpeg
    838 KB · Views: 49

CDNINCA

The word envy is coming to mind when I see these wonderful cobbs. Have to say.. not smoked anything in many weeks, have not eaten anything in many many weeks, except small cbd piece a week or two ago now. It actually hurt quite badly. Missing the gift that keeps me on the same plane of existence as tangwena and others. I’m afraid I may be losing my gall bladder soon. Not sure yet and not sure what that may mean.

When the day comes, I’m ready with these. They look to be aging slowly but steadily. Note The shorter dry seems to darken more. Seems on track from what I’ve read here. Soon I’ll add two large ka5h plants to the Cobb pile, with improvements. Good health to all.
Good health to you too @blondie. I'm no doctor, but years ago I have a friend who had to have their gall bladder out and it was no big deal. Apparently, it's not a critical piece of gear!

Be well, those cobs are waiting! :)

Latest posts

Latest posts