What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

Awesome garden DJM. Something to strive for some day.

What bloom booster and finisher are you using? I've been running 6/9 without any boosters then flush for 2 weeks. Do you notice a difference with them?

DJM

picture.php

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Looking on par DJM. I was wondering why you use the octagonal parabolic reflectors instead of the raptors/magnums and the like? Im assuming youve done comparisons to arrive to this style. Id like to hear.

How many watts per square foot of canopy are you running?

Also, how well are your carbon scrubbers working in 60% Rh? Ive noticed a decline in their capabilities as the humidity rises.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
no worries , we all are :)

6.3 really isn't that high...in fact its far better than 5.7 in flower...two of the best coco growers I know of ph at 6.2 the entire grow...ive never seen one leaf with a single deficiency from their rooms..coco prefers a higher ph during flower...even the canna reps wil tell you to run 6.2-6.3 during flowering...so whoever said 5.5-5.8 was ideal in coco, they are horribly wrong..and usually when I see someone running in that range, their plants show it, negatively

Thank you brotha.... Im a give it a go...

Fross T Nuggs

Wow. Lots of great info in this thread. Your work definitely is inspiring. I'm already trying to plan out changes to the room after this coming harvest because of this thread... Is it week 8 yet lol

Have you tried starting your girls out in 1g smart pots vs hard pots?

Thanks for sharing, again you do amazing work.

Miraculous Meds

Wow. Lots of great info in this thread. Your work definitely is inspiring. I'm already trying to plan out changes to the room after this coming harvest because of this thread... Is it week 8 yet lol

Roots will grow and attach to the smart pots. So if ur going to transplant it doesn't make them a good choice for the smaller potters. IMO smart pots are for the pots u want to finish in.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Beautiful work DJM. Its refreshing to read someone bucking the traditions and commonly held beliefs.

I am curious about smell control. You have no out-take. Only intake. (just wanted to edit in here that you do in fact have an out take that you use only during lights out.) Does this not cause a massive case of positive pressure in your rooms? Is the air in the room being squeezed out of cracks? Are you just scrubbing the air in the room? Is safety a concern as far as smell goes, or because you are in CO, not too worried? Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you want to up pot a cloth bag type potter you can.

First take a bread knife and slide it around the out side of the bag. Use the back edge of the blade for the leading edge.

Second place the bag on a upside down plastic pot. The plastic pot should be slightly smaller than the bag bottom. Then fold over the cloth bags top edge. Grab the cloth bag edge and pull down.

With the bag pulled all the way down take the bread knife and slide it along the bottom of the bag to seperate the roots from the bag bottom. Again use the non blade side of the knife as the leading edge.

olekingkole

Nice job. By watering 6 times a day, scrogging wall to wall, and constantly evacuating the humid air, you've turned the room into a giant swamp cooler that sucks up lamp heat by evaporative cooling. Krusty, eat your heart out.
I wonder, did it work as well when you only had one plant per light?

shredGnar

DJM.. that is what I'm talking about. Straight crushing it..

I usually try not to ask too many questions with the wealth if info on this site and this thread alone.. but I am needing some advice.

I've been running coco over pro mix for the past year and it is superior I'm just about everyway in my opinion.

However I am having trouble with one aspect, transplanting.

I hate to ask such a pro such a dumb fucking question but it is where I am struggling the most..

When I used to just stick the 1gal plants into their 5 gal I would just plop then in and then water until saturated, and would get overwatering/underoxygenated symptoms the following day.

I got a bit of improvement after I would water the 5gals before actually putting the plants in their pots, then just water the approx size if the rootball to get them going.

Most recently I moistened the coco, but not until saturated. Moist to the point where a few drops come out when you squeeze a handful. I even got the media moist of the plant to be transplanted, before transplanting.

This seems to work the best that I have tried so far..

Is there any special technique you use to get such an impressive root mass so quickly??

Appreciate you putting it all out on the table for everyone to see bro, very inspirational Shit sir.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
DJM.. that is what I'm talking about. Straight crushing it..

I usually try not to ask too many questions with the wealth if info on this site and this thread alone.. but I am needing some advice.

I've been running coco over pro mix for the past year and it is superior I'm just about everyway in my opinion.

However I am having trouble with one aspect, transplanting.

I hate to ask such a pro such a dumb fucking question but it is where I am struggling the most..

When I used to just stick the 1gal plants into their 5 gal I would just plop then in and then water until saturated, and would get overwatering/underoxygenated symptoms the following day.

I got a bit of improvement after I would water the 5gals before actually putting the plants in their pots, then just water the approx size if the rootball to get them going.

Most recently I moistened the coco, but not until saturated. Moist to the point where a few drops come out when you squeeze a handful. I even got the media moist of the plant to be transplanted, before transplanting.

This seems to work the best that I have tried so far..

Is there any special technique you use to get such an impressive root mass so quickly??

Appreciate you putting it all out on the table for everyone to see bro, very inspirational Shit sir.
You are late man!... I have been expecting to see you here :laughing:

DJM

Looking on par DJM. I was wondering why you use the octagonal parabolic reflectors instead of the raptors/magnums and the like? Im assuming youve done comparisons to arrive to this style. Id like to hear.

How many watts per square foot of canopy are you running?

Also, how well are your carbon scrubbers working in 60% Rh? Ive noticed a decline in their capabilities as the humidity rises.

I use them because they throw a larger, more even foot print, and run cooler than any hood on the market that ive tried...ive done a room that had 1/3 vertizontals and the other 2/3 a mix of different boxed hoods...the boxed hoods covered only 70-80% of what the vertizontals did, with an uneven footprint and hotspots..and ran about 9 degrees hotter at canopy level with the same height the vertizontals were at...this is because the vertizontals allow the heat to be evenly dispersed over a large surface area, while the boxed hoods acted like an oven, containing the heat in a small area. everyone I know runs raptors or xxls ,ive seen dozens of rooms with them..in terms of boxed hoods they are better than most, but still no comparison to vertizontals...I know people that switched from raptors to vertizontals after seeing the difference first hand

DJM

No i haven't I prefer how the root system is built in plastic pots. I only use smart pots for final container

DJM

Beautiful work DJM. Its refreshing to read someone bucking the traditions and commonly held beliefs.

I am curious about smell control. You have no out-take. Only intake. (just wanted to edit in here that you do in fact have an out take that you use only during lights out.) Does this not cause a massive case of positive pressure in your rooms? Is the air in the room being squeezed out of cracks? Are you just scrubbing the air in the room? Is safety a concern as far as smell goes, or because you are in CO, not too worried? Thanks for takin

My room is completely sealed at 2 points. Only way air can exit through the filter and exhaust. It doesn't need to be running to do so. The positive pressure created from intake is pushed out through the filter. There is no smell issue once I sealed the room properly. Only one way for air to exit and its through the filter. I don't run a scrubber in the room. No safety concern , Im about to harvest and you can only smell it when I open the room. Its all about a properly sealed environment

Latest posts

Latest posts