What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal in january

purplepig3

Hi been thinking of going to Nepal in next couple of weeks for about 1 month just to relax rather hike for miles question is will be very cold like UK or more like UK in early spring too cold for shorts but still nice outdoors

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Check the altitude. it'll probably be cold as a mofo. GB has the gulf stream that keeps it rather mild, Nepal doesn't, it'll be cold for a while longer there.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
YEAH NICE PLACE TO SPEND GOOD TIME , YOU CAN FIND ALSO NICE THINGS AND SO BEAUTIFULL JEWELLS MAN, I GO FROM INDIA 2 YEAR BEFORE FOR MAKE NEW VISA FOR INDIA IN AMBASSY A KATMANDU, I TAKE ROOM IN THAMEL IS GREAT PLACE WHERE YOU FIND MANY TOURIST AND GOOD SHOP IF YOU LIKE GREAT COMPANY BUT YOU NEED GO ALSO MOUNTAIN FOR DO NICE TREKKING BECAUSE NEPAL I THINK IS THE BEST PLACE FOR TREKKING, ALSO VISIT NICE CITY LIKE POKHARA...SO ENJOYED MY FRIEND AND HAPPY 2011 !!

Mr Pink

Temperatures and weather will depend on the altitude a lot, but as long as you don't go trekking high up you can consider it will be warmer than the UK. Type "Nepal Climate" in google you'll get an idea fast.

Trekking in altitude in winter is a lot safer and much more comfy with good quality gear, plan in advance and get equiped in the UK beforehand.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Kathmandu is relatively warm place, nowadays it's around 13-14°C, but there's micro-climate in Kathmandu valley. If you go trekking, then it sure might be another story. Enjoy !

Irie !

purplepig3

Have changed my plans for going to Nepal will be going a bit later in Feb. Going to start in Thailand for a few days then go to Cambodia . Thanks for the info on Nepal but i think my old body needs sunshine 1st getting away from a Grey post Xmas London should help.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Thailand and Cambodia are at their coolest at this time of year......so certainly a good time to visit.....check Nepal in a couple of months, but if you want to stay warm then don't hit such high altitudes....

.....Great hash in Nepal.....and good erb' can still be found in Cambodia (try Sihanoukville).....and if you are lucky also in Thailand (try Koh Chang in the Gulf of Thailand, not the Koh Chang near the Andaman Sea)

purplepig3

Well got my ticket booked ,travel insurance , few bits for travel kit led torch etc .everything to travel as light as possible only luxury items bit fishing tackle and a phone with good camera