What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

40-45° lat, when do you harvest??

Marcellas

Veteran
Suppose to be sunny for about 5 days so I think I'm gonna flush once and pull in about a week, maybe 10 days. Haven't checked trichs and the hairs are still white on some smaller girls. But can't risk the rain, cold, humidity, rot/mold/rippers!! What are you guys doing?? :dance013:

ninsega

I am at 43N and my goal is two more weeks. I thought about one more fert watering but the weather just isn't there for it; so it's flush time. Depending on the weather, I will cut them sooner or later than my two week goal.

It's tough growing where it's wet and cold. I have been spraying baking soda solution every few days to prevent mold/fungus. I have also been shaking the plants off every morning that's wet- helps dry them off a ton.

E

el dub

Its been real dry here at 41.5 for a couple of weeks now. My harvest usually goes from the end of Sept to the middle of Oct. Last season I lost three big nepali gals in early Nov to frost that needed until at least mid november to finish.

I'm hoping to get the majority out by the end of next week. Two chances of rain between now and then so I'll be busy removing dead leaves before that happens.

My biggest concern right now is potential caterpillar damage since I stopped spraying for them a few weeks back. (Only found two so far in a couple pounds of dry flowers. And those came from a prairie grow with less care than the main plot.)

Good luck to all.

lw

Boomer89

Im at 41 degrees.

It was cold wet & rainy the last couple of days but now its nice, dry and warm in the mid 70s. I have a 30% chance of rain tuesday and a 40% chance on thursday. I am going to let my only girl go atleast another week. She looks real good with no signs of mold, bud rot or pests. As long as the weather stays decent, im going to let her fully finish. Every one of my last grows, i've had to cut early.

at 45 degrees north in ontario i would consider the season done on average by now, Nightime averages below 5 degrees and daytime highs below 15 do a pretty good job of shutting down the plants. Of course good weather or really tough plants can drag out the season for a bit but as far as i am concerned anything that doesn't finish by october 1st is more trouble than it's worth.
All i have out now are a few plants that are letting some seeds ripen for next year though had a few plants not wandered away in the dark a few nights back i would have been trying to drag it out a little longer.
Slart

Marcellas

Veteran
Im at 43N, and 2 more full weeks WOULD be great.. My last nute watering was last Sunday and I'm now letting the rain due the flushing (I only used FoxFarm's GrowBig, BigBloom, and TigerBloom). I also wanted to feed more but with the recent weather I decided not to, I'll go out at least once before harvest and do a real flush with tap water. :D

The past week SUCKED weather-wise, rainy humid and cold every day to start October. But yesterday it was sunny all day high of 70F and low of 48. The next 10 days look good!! Supposed to be sunny almost everyday for the next 10 days with only 2 of those days with a chance of rain.. But we all know how that can change and fuck with our plans :eek:

But thanks for everybody's input and keep the replies coming!! Your all really helping me decide on my harvest date and how to do it. I'm trying to get a general concensus from people growing around my latitude on harvest time since I won't be going by chrystal color myself, but weather.. Cheers! :joint:

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
For everybody around this latitude.. Share how you prepare for harvest and how the actual chop goes down!! And also how you dry and cure :D

A

argoagro

For everybody around this latitude.. Share how you prepare for harvest and how the actual chop goes down!! And also how you dry and cure :D

Hectic, sketchy, and not like I'd like it to be. Drying is tough for me this year, havve to do it semi-outdoors except I have access to a fan. On anything that has any mold or if weather during dry is going to be wet I snip all of the buds off the stems just as it would be going into a bag for sale, then I lay it out on a window screen. I had to do it to save a 1/2p and honestly from now on I think I've concluded that the hang is overrated & you can get it dried & sold faster by laying on a screen & getting rid of as much stem material possible. After that it gets dried slow in bags using the perfect cure method, allthough it's usually sold when it hovers around 62% with a caution to the buyer not to stuff it in a trunk for 3 weeks, lol.

A

argoagro

Almost forget, since are lat's are close-

I've been pulling stuff here & there since mid sept & have some that will go 'till november (Hopefully ;) )

Marcellas

Veteran
coool great replies thanks!! im at 43N and have a few different strains but all indica-based and the first few I have seem like their ready but I want to give them another week at least. A few others seem like they need at least another week or 2. I only have 6 females left total, my biggest 3 looking to harvest maybe a zip or 3 each, and unfortunately all my girls have been slightly seeded :(

But they are all now officially being flushed. They are only sitting in MiracleGrow potting soil mixed with natural soil and were fed FoxFarm liquid nutes but tommorow I'm giving them all a good flush of pure H20 before it rains the day after. Hoping for sun so my buds can pack on more weight and resin before harvest :D

***Rippers please stay away from my spots haha*****

Marcellas

Veteran
btw haven't harvested anything yet besides a few lower super-premi popcorn buds and 1 small branch a couple weeks ago.. So I'm super excited and hoping everything goes smoothly!! Trying to get more input from others in the area :)
......Good luck with harvest everybody and keep the replies coming!! :joint:

Boomer89

I took a tester popcorn bud from my plant last night. I have it hanging to dry as we speak lol im lucky if it'll even weigh to a half gram dry. It's still looking early for me. My plant is showing no signs of it dying. All the leaves are still a nice dark green, and the buds look like they could still dense up a bit. However, last night, I noticed the buds felt really dry (on the plant that is). I have been flushing her with 10gal+ of water, gave her 5gal last night.

I have decided that I am cutting no sooner then this weekend. I am fairly good weather wise up until the 19th, thats when so far 2 days of rain are coming. I am confident that she may be mold resistant considering I have not had any trouble with mold & rain.

Best of luck everyone!

E

el dub

Should be busy taking down my schnazz plants later this week. Tomorrow they will get their third does of plain water. (5 gal each) We've had 16 beautiful days in a row and it appears to be holding, more or less through this week.

Good luck to everyone.

lw

Marcellas

Veteran
i took down my first plant last night, a tiny 1 foot tall 1 branch SourBubble. It's stinking up my entire house and it will only yield a few grams!! :D

I also took a couple tester branches, one from a clone and one branch from my Blueberry outdoor bagseed plant that was leaning over. I noticed the tip of the bud on the BB branch had a bit of brown rot so I might have to chop that one ASAP, but this branch was leaning almost all the way to the ground. :eek:
..............But it rained today, and might rain Thursday. I want to get another flush in and at least wait til the weekend to harvest everything else.

Looking at my few small plants last night I was thinking I'll be lucky to get an ounce or 2 dry, so I want it to be finished and done right

haxi

Hi here :)
I'm at 43°N (south france).
I'll be taking my white widow at the end of the week, blueberry and big bang in 2-3 weeks, and my sativa (hawaiian snow and ssh both from greenhouse) probably in november, if the frost don't fuck things up ! :)

Check my thread for more info!

Peace :rasta:

erwingruber

Hi everyone lat 39 ,
it is my first outdoor(balcony) from one almost dead clone of Sensi's Big Bud.
A very heavy rain hit my girl and i think wash of my trichs (can this happen ?)
I am waiting for the trichs to turn amber for over a week now but with no lack
i feed plain water almost a week now.
Maybe i will wait 1-2 weeks more take a look what do you think ?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Marcellas

Veteran
might have to cut everything tommorow... its earlier than i wanted but it got to 38 degrees tonight it rained a couple days ago and its suppose to rain for 2 more days in 2 days.

tried some shit i cut last weekend today though and I am very impressed!! still a bit moist and needs a good cure and it was completelely unflushed, but it was all super sticky!! and the SourBubble is some of the best shit I've ever smoked or grown honestly and the miny plant is completely seeded :eek: :joint:

wish i was gettin more than a few zips, next season!!

Psycho Paul

41N Most stuff here is ready around end of Sept - First few weeks of Oct.

Also if you use early strains, those can finish early Sept.

Latest posts

Latest posts