What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Legalcdn

Thanks for the tips everyone! And yes, 4 plants will be a challenge… but I’m really looking for some variety :), and hunting for a keeper pheno of course!

Thanks for the tip about the regs! I already have some fems on the way, I figured I’d make it easier on myself for the first grow lol.
Just to give you an idea of size, my scrog net is 2x2.5ft. GT will get big. I vegged for 6 weeks alrhough i kept her root bound and made a few clones. I will be adding a second level net in a couple weeks.

Perhaps after a good 1st grow, buy a bigger tent and use the 2x2 for vegging/clones.
Ozz gives some good advice.
Good luck and it can be addicting.

Old Fogey

Just to give you an idea of size, my scrog net is 2x2.5ft. GT will get big. I vegged for 6 weeks alrhough i kept her root bound and made a few clones. I will be adding a second level net in a couple weeks.

Perhaps after a good 1st grow, buy a bigger tent and use the 2x2 for vegging/clones.
Ozz gives some good advice.
Good luck and it can be addicting.
I'm switching over to scrog/low plant numbers next grow, using Ace fem beans. I will be growing in coco run to waste auto top feed and using LED.

I will only have 6, maybe 7 weeks maximum available for veg growth each run.

My screen will be 3.5' x 3.75' with 2" x 2" slots.

I can't decide between running 2 plants or 3 plants. Running just 2 plants has more advantages overall. But I'm worried about not filling the screen sufficiently in the available veg time.

Using Ace sativa genetics and hydro techniques do you think I can max out my screen with just 2 plants (selected from several beans sown) in 6 or so weeks or would you suggest that 3 plants is a better bet ?

Peace

Legalcdn

I'm switching over to scrog/low plant numbers next grow, using Ace fem beans. I will be growing in coco run to waste auto top feed and using LED.

I will only have 6, maybe 7 weeks maximum available for veg growth each run.

My screen will be 3.5' x 3.75' with 2" x 2" slots.

I can't decide between running 2 plants or 3 plants. Running just 2 plants has more advantages overall. But I'm worried about not filling the screen sufficiently in the available veg time.

Using Ace sativa genetics and hydro techniques do you think I can max out my screen with just 2 plants (selected from several beans sown) in 6 or so weeks or would you suggest that 3 plants is a better bet ?

Peace
All depends on the strain you choose. Ace has some high yielding plants. I use 2 portable scrogs (2x2.5ft) in a room that is 3.5x5ft so i can pull 2 plants out and rotate them with space of 17.5sq ft, 2 plants max out with yields averaging 16oz total. I use coco, jacks, top fed, dtw, 450w. I will change to coco hempy style from dtw in the fall.

There are a lot of Ace growers here that can share their setup, I would go with 2 GTs. 3 in my space would be too much with a scrog.

Last edited:

Old Fogey

All depends on the strain you choose. Ace has some high yielding plants. I use 2 portable scrogs (2x2.5ft) in a room that is 3.5x5ft so i can pull 2 plants out and rotate them with space of 17.5sq ft, 2 plants max out with yields averaging 16oz total. I use coco, jacks, top fed, dtw, 450w. I will change to coco hempy style from dtw in the fall.

There are a lot of Ace growers here that can share their setup, I would go with 2 GTs. 3 in my space would be too much with a scrog.
Thanks for that. So you average 8oz per plant with 6 weeks veg in a 2' x 2 5' scrog screen using half of a 450w lamp ? That is very good, I'd be pleased with that sort of return from my 465w LED. My lamp isn't big enough to do my whole screen but I can work 10sq feet out of it I'm sure.

I have a few Ace strains to choose from but I'm leaning heavily towards the mighty Panama for my first scrog. It has the vigor and adaptability to cope with the mistakes I'm certain to make and the flowering time is not excessive. I will sow 4 or 5 beans and select the best 2 plants at 4 weeks after topping mainline style and several re-pottings from 1 pint to their final 7.5 gal pots. They'll then go under the screen.

Thanks again.

Peace

Last edited:

Good Egg

067EA053-466E-4571-A416-F2A45A81B61C.jpeg
50C05B9F-698A-4935-B9AB-560219D2DC55.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@iTarzan you are a champion! :tiphat: Congrats on harvesting Golden Tiger so up north with such good results. Those are for sure some furiously resinous buds Killer Malawi style. Harvest may need to cure until mid March till show its true potential, but i have the feeling those flowers are going to be utterly potent, profound and long lasting in effects. Thank you so much for your frequent updates, much appreciated! :good:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here she is yesterday morning before we got into her with the shears.

As you can see, it's a lovely late Autumn day and the sun is shinning.

To be honest I'm a little surprised to be harvesting her so soon; I was expecting her to go a couple more weeks yet. She's almost stopped putting out pistils and the trichs are mostly cloudy with a few clear and a few amber; Plus our Grandson is here and it's time for him to learn about harvesting and trimming, just like his Mum and Uncle before him:)

View attachment 18781277
View attachment 18781278

What a beautiful 'in the middle' Thai/Malawi pheno you got this year @Hombre del mont :D with serious frost, and with that vibe of being grown under our intense sun, hope you got a wonder hitter GT as you and your wife like at home ;) Hope you are starting a great 2023 friend.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @J@ck, happy to see you also managed to harvest 2 Golden Tigers in your cold climate! :)
What about the third, most Thai dominant pheno. Did she also finish or was not ripe enough ?
That fasciated lateral branch on your GT female 3 was fun to find hehehehhe

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Shua1991 I can relate to that effect very well I think, I would describe mine it as constantly feeling you are on the onset of a psychedelic trip (mushrooms or lsd) rather than speedy, it was not edgy and harsh for me.
The feeling of energy around the stomach, changing thought patterns and so alert and aware of your environment, internal and external.
I also did not notice that I was unable to sleep after smoking mine.

Nice that you said about nutty flavor as I was detecting some sesame oil notes as it cured and wondering if it is in my mind haha

Agreed on the more malawi phenos being stupefying and silly potent, so Thai leaning is where it's at :biggrin:

Congrats on the harvest of your second run with your selected Thai dom mum @JustGrowing420 :D hehehehhe glad she has that trippy quality so rare to find nowadays. It's a game-changer once you experience such psychedelic GT expressions, wish she stays with you for a long long time!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had one that was incredible, 5+ hours on a single joint, stuff was like speed, everyone I shared with thought it was laced with cocaine, I had to get rid of it in a legality scare before ny legalized. I wish I had that phenotype, i grew another 60 plants and none were even close, I plan to grow 100 more soon but I'm going to try a few hundred of the GT hybrid I made and see if something is similar, if not I'll pull the trigger in the GT again.
They were regs from 2018, #28 of 46 It flowered for about 15 weeks from flip at 11/13 lighting schedule, I remember distinctly it had a woody carrot smell and tasted a bit nutty, like cashews or macadamia, it was fed only water and showed nute burn when I attempted to feed it nutes so I stopped that immediately, didn't seem to want any. It grew fingerlike pointy flowers and was on the lower yielding end compared to some other phenotype like the more rounded fat flowered phenotypes. I knew it was special when it was already the best smoke I'd ever had at 2 weeks cure, at 3+ months it was and still is the best smoke I've ever had, it's definitely worth hunting through 100 regs to find her again, I just need the wherewithal to actually do so again, I could have just gotten lucky on the initial 48 seeds and found something really rare.
@Shua1991 thank you so much for your GT smoke reports :huggy: that sounds indeed like a terrific, boosted Meao Thai adrenalinic effect, our GT mother 4 is like that, extremely electric and long lasting rush that feels more like a strong stimulant than cannabis. My favorite GT expressions have euphoria and are a bit electric, but the outrageous psychedelic trip is the main factor i look for in GT 2.

Means a lot to me GT have had such a big deep impact on you, because i have had the same feeling many times with different special parental plants of different cannabis strains after all these years, that's why i love so much this plant, those special individuals are rare to find but are worth to endlessly look for them since they can produce a total inner revolution (especially sativas), and on the way you sure will find new special cannabis expressions you never imagine could ever exist!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just popped golden tiger 2nd and 3rd version fems. Thanks so much ace for the years of hard work!
I read most of this thread I could’ve missed it but does anyone flower rosin press their golden tigers lowers?
I normally wash lowers but feel like that would be a huge waste yield wise compared to flower press with sativas.
Welcome to ICMag @Fennecfox :) and thanks for choosing GT 2 and 3 for your current grow, it's going to be fun to run them side by side. Yeah, GT is probably one of the best pure sativas in the market with highest resin production and extraction potential. Please, keep us updated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi,

Hello! I’m new to the fourms! Im planning on my FIRST grow being your GT’s! I’m super excited. Will be a legal grow, I’m just waiting for my State’s paperwork, and dialing in my environment. I’m planning on running (4) 1 Gallon pots, all organic/living soil: in a 2x2 tent. Would you recommend 11/13 or 12/12 from seed?

Also, I’m highly curious to what you think makes some plants more spiritual or psychedelic. Are your GT’s your most potent plants? I’m really chasing that super spiritual high, introspective and mind-opening.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to ICMag and thanks for your interest in our work @TempleTrees :yes:
Yes, GT is probably the most psychedelic, potent and with highest THC content we offer, especially the fem version.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Good EggYour GT guerrilla plants are growing really vigorous, seems they are enjoying your feeding and enough intense sun :) Are you growing a bunch of different GT females from seed ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
GT is a vigorous plant. This is 3 days after my pic on post #2516.
She is enjoying Coco with Jacks @ 3gr and 2gr Calnit + fulvic at half strength.

View attachment 18803937

with your passion and green fingers to grow indoors even most difficult sativa types @Legalcdn i'm sure won't find much trouble this vigorous yet tamed Malawi dom expression :smoke:

Thanks everone for your amazing contributions to this thread! :huggy:

Latest posts

Latest posts