What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greek landrace strains

delicorganic

That looks real nice delicorganic! Have always wanted to go to Greece and see where my family came from. Also wondered about the quality of the cannabis. Have heard it can be awesome. Your pics looks pretty tasty!

thanks ctg!You have to visit my country for sure,you have a lot of reasons to do this..first of all our beaches,our mountains,the funny and very welcoming people here and if you're lucky our rare sweet-trippy weed..
Yes it can be awesome,like this one,but because of the rareness of these landraces it's difficult enough for us to find them already.
As for the streets most times it's bad imported weed that is sold as greek weed.

Last edited:

earthwyrms

the landrace athina from fatrasta on 0pengr0w is supposedly grown for at least 100 years in greece.

https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/album/4661-athina/

gallery_9754_4661_154896.jpg

gallery_9754_4661_1117964.jpg

gekolite

I know Greece has the potent cannabis , when I was doing cannabis research in the 60's , the only recorded death in history due to cannabis , was in Greece ,,, It was a cow ,,,ate to much .

delicorganic

the landrace athina from fatrasta on 0pengr0w is supposedly grown for at least 100 years in greece.

https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/album/4661-athina/

View Image

View Image

with a better search there,i saw that fatrasta found these landrace seeds from weed that he bought from a family in Serres(north greece)who have been cultivating this strain for 60 years and fatrasta named her athina landrace.
these diesel like aromas that he described,is completetly foreign to what we used to smoke all these years as ''Greek'' weed.:dunno:

Last edited:

ctg

Veteran
Would love to get my chance at some of those old school Greek strains. Please let me know if you ever decide to let some out. Much luck to you in the future.
-ct-

baduy

Could those plants be related to Lebanese?
I remember reading that the rise of Lebanese hash came to supply the high demand for hashish in the mediterannean after the greek government eradicated cannabis.
Would make sense if at the time they used the probably easy of acces greek landrace seeds to start the new industry

delicorganic

Trying to keep alive a super rare,frosty and delicious greek landrace sativa

Trying to keep alive a super rare,frosty and delicious greek landrace sativa

ctg

Veteran
Looks lovely,if you need help preserving those Greek goddesses shoot me a private message. Lol

baduy

Just stumbled on this Monfreid logbook and found that he states that the main hub for growing cannabis and making hashish at the time were the mountains around Tripolis, central Peloponnese

New hippydon

Kalamata red

Kalamata red

Here is my kalamata red that i have outdoors

Attachments

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 28

Westernsoil

Amazing to see that you have kept the greek landrace alive, thank you so much for your dedication. My father is leaving to the cyclades tomorrow and will be looking for me to find a seed if possible. Coming all the way from California. I would love to talk to you and help you keep the strain alive, God Bless.

New hippydon

No one has greek kalamata red available as far as seedbanks. I was
Fortunate enough to get them through a family friend of mine who was born and raised in greece

G

No one has greek kalamata red available as far as seedbanks. I was
Fortunate enough to get them through a family friend of mine who was born and raised in greece

Hi bro,does it smell like incense when burned?I'm from Greece but it's been a while since I've tried the real thing...