What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuttings from 10 day into flower

Weedar

Hello good people.
I read the blog at royalqueenseeds that you could take cuttings from the plants 10 days into flower to get more bushy plants and more nugs.

I tried it and the plants are dark green and they are growing EXTREMELY slow.

I have tried to not overwater them, so I don't think that is the thing causing the dark green leaves and slow growing. They are about 3-5 cm and it has been 4.5 weeks. Is this something to be worried about, or is it something I can do to get them growing?

Thanks for any replies :)

Weedar

Weedar

Some more information.
I am using seedsoil(soil for young plants), 1/4 compost, vermiculite and perlite.
I have sometimes added a very small amount of easy grow to the water which always has a ph of 6-6,2. It is under a 600 MH lamp with 22-28 degrees celcius and 55% humidity.
It is green gelato.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you talking about the cuttings growing slowly and having dark green leaves, or are you talking about the plant you have taken the cuttings from. ?
Did the cuttings make roots ?

Dark green leaves can mean too much Nitrogen.

You can take cuttings from flowering plants, 10 days in or more, they are likely to root more slowly .

Weedar

Are you talking about the cuttings growing slowly and having dark green leaves, or are you talking about the plant you have taken the cuttings from. ?
Did the cuttings make roots ?

Dark green leaves can mean too much Nitrogen.

/quote]

I am taking about the cuttings. They have rooted but now they are not growing. I am considering giving them a little flush. I would think cuttings from 12/12 cycle would be high in phospor and potassium, not nitrogen.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
sounds alot like "monster cropping" where you reveg a flowering plant and get a ton of branches shooting out of the bud sites.

Latest posts

Latest posts