What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eddie Van Halen RIP

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Used to go to Quarter Drink night on Wednesdays at a nearby dance club. $1.25 for drinks. $.75 tip. Would be ecstatic on dance floor to JUMP! and Panama.

Will dust off the ol' CD and play in EVH's honor.

Let er rip, Eddie! Electric heaven.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
terrible loss for the rock and roll community and mankind in general. he was incredibly musically talented and an all around good dude. rest in "PANAMA"!!!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I hated to hear this news. Love their music, especially the DD stuff. I lived in SoFla when the fired Diamond Dave, and he would call into the local rock station with the "running with the devil" scream. A couple weeks later they were laughing at him on the air.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Another legend gone. Getting old sucks. Enjoy your youth all you kids out there. Next thing you know everyone around you is taking a dirt nap, and it happens fast my friends.

R.I.P EVH ... One HELLUVA guitar player

Cuddles

I just found Why can´t this be love on my computer , I´ve always just loved the intro ! :yay:

SolarLogos

I saw their Women and children first concert in fall of 79, I think it was either SF cow palace or Oakland coliseum arena, but it was a great show, never forget it. Kind of makes you feel old when you see them leaving us and a lot have been leaving lately it seems. RIP Eddie

MelloYello

Van Halen always stole the show.
July 23, 1978 DOG.
Dec 2, 1978 Oakland arena
April 8, 1979 Los Angeles Coliseum.
Mind blowing

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always thought that Panama was about weed.

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuKDBPw8wQA

"Panama" is actually the name of the car, not the name of a place. I guess I’d always figured it to be about Panama City Beach, or maybe the country. Nope. Supposedly, the car got its name because Panama “was the farthest south that you could possibly go and still have a really corrupt good time,” whatever that means. The car wall sculpture is completed by a fake deer through the windshield and a sign that reads, “My first deer, courtesy of Panama."

Last edited:

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
fuuucccckkkk....that van halen just hits different knowing that eddie is gone....i dont know what to say about...bitter sweet i guess? idk. heaven has one more guitar legend jammin in the clouds...

Latest posts

Latest posts