What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Lets grow some weed

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Time for an update!
Plants are 44 days old. I just had to raise the light another 5 cm. Average canopy height from soil level is 25-30 cm, max height is 40 cm on a couple of tops.
I don't like the fact that one side is a bit more stretched than the other but the diference in height is about 10 cm, so it's still ok.
Hopefully not much stretching gonna happen from now on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Today they received a watering of 700 ml each water with seaweed extract and fpe (mostly horsetail for silica).
Also I took out the humidifier because it was not needed anymore humidity stays at 55 to 65 % on curent controller settings.
Forgot to add that some tops have grown 5-7 cm in height since last update.
picture.php

Last edited:

bibi40

Hi Bro ,

seems you gonna flirt with your height limitation ,
but don' t worry end of stretch soon ,
will just be perfect for a huge harvest ,
from what i know a great reward coming !!!

:plant grow:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for an update!
Plants are 44 days old. I just had to raise the light another 5 cm. Average canopy height from soil level is 25-30 cm, max height is 40 cm on a couple of tops.
I don't like the fact that one side is a bit more stretched than the other but the diference in height is about 10 cm, so it's still ok.
Hopefully not much stretching gonna happen from now on.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

And a good update it is looking good :good:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking healthy and happy!

Thank you and welcome to my thread! :wave:

Hi Bro ,

seems you gonna flirt with your height limitation ,
but don' t worry end of stretch soon ,
will just be perfect for a huge harvest ,
from what i know a great reward coming !!!

:plant grow:

Not much of a height limitation as the tent is at least 2 meters tall, but more of a height I wish to keep for better use of the light. The led panel is great, but for sure it doesn't have good penetration if canopy is more than 50-60 cm thick. I mean I sure don't expect it to do magic, even if till now it does better than I hoped. Hopefully they will finish around the 60 cm I hoped to keep them under. They grew 2-4 cm over the night.. so I sure hope you are right and stretch stops soon. Almost need to raise the light 3rd time this week.

And a good update it is looking good :good:

Thank you! :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Time for another update! Plants are 49 days old from seed germination. The buds have started to grow, stretch seems to be over for the most part. They have grown about 10 cm in height since last update, they are closing in on the 50 to 60 cm height goal I was hoping for already.
Total time for this strain seems to be 70+ days, so at least 3 more weeks to go till harvest. They started to ask for more nutes, showing some calmag deficiencies, but I upped the dosage on nutes 2 days ago and it seems they are getting better.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have also took some macros but forgot to turn down the flash power so they were all overexposed.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Today i will set the controller to keep a maximum of 60% RH, VPD 10 to 13 mbar. I will also water the plants.
One thing I wonder is if for drying I could use a vpd controller. I always dried by RH %, but is there any advantage of knowing/regulating vpd when drying?
See you in 3-4 days for an update.

This is the environment data just after watering:
picture.php

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Looks like the marble gravel had a positive effect :biggrin:

The dust would be the same as aragonite or high cal lime. So basically a very classy source of calcium carbonate.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
The most noticeable effect is the almost zero soil surface evaporation. Basically instead of watering daily or almost daily I just water once in 3-4 days.
And most water is passed through the plant, instead of being evaporated from the soil.
Anyway, I have some things to fix for next grow. The led light is very powerful and demands way much cal mag than I anticipated. So I need to ammend and water in those elements better. And also I need yo add ferts earlier and also more of them. I am now at double the dosage, watering every watering with nutes and they are still hungry for more. Will be more prepared next time, but this will be a great harvest anyway. Hopefully they won't start to fade too much until day 70 or so (I plan to stop feeding nutes around day 65).

New environment data:
picture.php

5-6 hours after the last data I posted, as you can see water distributed more equally in the soil and we now get "real" soil humidity.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
New data, after 1 night:
picture.php

As you can see the controller does a good job at keeping the vpd/rh/temp in check, and the plants are drinking lots of water.
As far as the cal mag deficiency it started to be present in some upper leaves too, at first just under the center of the light, now (5-6 days later) even on the margins of the canopy. It's clear light intensity is great and cal mag needs to be supplied in greater quantity. I mean I knew that before (not first time led grower), I had people tell it to me also, but I didn't expected this much more need of cal mag under this light.
I have 3 more waterings with nutes to do where I will keep the double dosage of everything and I hope that will do it. I might also add more dolomite lime so I have more of it in the soil for next grow.

Later.edit:
23 hours after previous reading, at the end of the night cycle, we get:
picture.php

Seeing the diference in water consumption for the 2 plants convinced me I need soil humidity probes in all 4 pots. So today I am preparing (insulating and calibrating) 2 more probes. I won't put them in this grow because it's a jungle in there and also I don't want to break roots, but I want them to be ready for next grow.

Last edited:

bibi40

I am now at double the dosage, watering every watering with nutes and they are still hungry for more.

i have a little question mate :
with healthy autos i always give full nutes schedule at each watering ,
but when you say " double of the dosage " does it mean double of the line schedule dosage ?

:thank you:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I am using organic nutes tho, so if you are using salt based nutes maybe don't give them too much without them showing a need.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello again! Time for another update.
Plants are 56 days old from germination.
There are some signs of deficiencies, mostly Mg, as you can see in the closeup pictures.
The environmental data is just before the watering, today. They received another double dose of nutes. They will have 2 more nutes waterings after this one, then all water till harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Come harvest time as well as now you will be a happy chappy looking good :thank you:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice sea of buds !

The Magnesium and Calcium levels have to stay high for several reasons that add up:

Using leds uses more cal/mag .
F1 cross. Heavy feeder too .
Light cycle over 12hours .

I'm impressed about quantity of flowers with such light intensity .

Good grow !Keep the good job going !

Latest posts

Latest posts