What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Greenthumb trustworty ?

hamstring

Veteran
Star crash

Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. I'm talking both clones and seeds really. Thats only my experience though because I am not a pheno hunter (yet). All my grows were guerrilla grows until I got my med license a year ago.

I have grown many seed strains but never pheno hunted anything. They all went straight into the bush start to finish. The three best strains , potency wise, I have grown are Endless Sky, LA Con and AK99xFl and old UDG strain from a breeder called sprout I think.

In the last year I have tried several clones including some cookie crosses and a very nice Cocoa OG. Heavy on the trichs and taste but not that potent. Dont get me wrong I cant wait to make some hash out of the Cocoa OG but they just are not that potent.

I have a lot to learn theres no doubt about it as I move forward. I'm interested in hearing about any strain seed or clone with some jaw dropping potency. :tiphat:

Hamstring are you talking about clones ... or finding potent plants in seed packs? I may have to disagree with you slightly in that I do believe there are plenty of extremely potent strains out there ... PS I’ve always enjoyed all your old outdoor growing threads

yahooman

I grew the original endless sky for about 4 years before I lost the mother in a move. That shit was so potent . I havent smoked anything like it since. It was a slack jaw stone. It caught a lot of smokers off guard with how potent it was.

Why dont breeders breed for potency any more? Its all trichs and terps now. Sure I like taste and smell as much as the next guy but not if its at the detriment to potency. All the strains released these days dont seem to have the potency.

I so agree!!although I do like a tasty herb,the effect is more important to me.

HAZENACIOUS

It’s the same g13 as it ever was. It came directly from dogless aka Jim Ortega who was the original source of it to Nev.

And yes. It was a huge yielder. Boring smoke. Great breeding tool it would seem to beef up some lines.
Hi Jetlife,
That's right, I remember now, thanks for jarring my memory, I guess the S1 cross was throwing phenos that were even heavier than the original? I remember people saying it was a massive yielder. That was amazing, Dr. Greenthumb was getting $100 bucks a seed for those at one point. I see why people hate him, but I always say if you think it's too expensive then don't buy it, it's a free world and I guess he paid 5 figures for the cut or something so he had a lot to recoup. It seemed to me that the people who paid that much money for those seeds weren't complaining, which says a lot.

JetLife175

Veteran
Hi Jetlife,
That's right, I remember now, thanks for jarring my memory, I guess the S1 cross was throwing phenos that were even heavier than the original? I remember people saying it was a massive yielder. That was amazing, Dr. Greenthumb was getting $100 bucks a seed for those at one point. I see why people hate him, but I always say if you think it's too expensive then don't buy it, it's a free world and I guess he paid 5 figures for the cut or something so he had a lot to recoup. It seemed to me that the people who paid that much money for those seeds weren't complaining, which says a lot.

I was one of those dudes paying 100 a bean. Got 3 of them. It was worth it for history’s sake in my eyes. And yeah Jim sold it for something like 25k. Pricey but not the most expensive I’ve ever heard of a cut going for.

hamstring

Veteran
The most potent bud I've grown in say 5 years or so was a pack of face off og bx2...face melting high

Like to hear more about this one. Do these seeds still exist? I dont want to go too off topic so you are welcome to pm me if that works better. :tiphat:

HAZENACIOUS

I was one of those dudes paying 100 a bean. Got 3 of them. It was worth it for history’s sake in my eyes. And yeah Jim sold it for something like 25k. Pricey but not the most expensive I’ve ever heard of a cut going for.

Yeah, that was an epic deal the kind of stuff legends are made from. Never heard of a successful gig going at $100/seed before or since, and total win/win/win.
Dogless wins cause he gets out of his bind, serious collectors and breeders like you win because you finally get a crack at some pure original old school G13 genetics, and Dr Greenthumb wins when he recoups his expense and makes a little something on top, it takes a lot of balls to pony up 25k for a single cut.

Latest posts

Latest posts