Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Australia/New Zealand > The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread ..

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
The Aussie Flora and Fauna thread .. Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM #101
ahortator

ahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud of
Hello

I remember a tv program about a tree discovered in Australia a bit later than de Wollemi pine.

The Nightcap Oak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidothea_hardeniana

Greetings

Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 AM #102
Smurf
stoke this joint

Smurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud ofSmurf has much to be proud of
rainbow lorikeets munching on some honey soaked bread

eastern water dragon bursting at the seams, just finished his t-bone, he's a spoiled bugga.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 AM #103
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivorDonald Mallard is a survivor
hey high country ,, amazing flower man , a long time in the coming too by the sounds ...

mr smurf , man what a dragon there ,, excellent specimen ,your lucky to have him a friend ,, pretty friendly from what ive seen ... the one i posted is very small in compare to the one that lives nearby it ,,

ive spotted the big one quiet a few times ,, its over 2 metres long and a very big body , more iguana like than anything ive seen in australia prior , seems to be the land of the lizard and parrot .. hehehe

Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 AM #104
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
hey Smurf,

Fuck i'd love to get some roots into the soil beneath that dragon! Looks like you could dig it with your hands!

And High Country, hope you get some seeds! 7 years is a long time to wait and get nothing! We got a couple of similar things flowering around here..... A couple of variegated "sansevieria" looking things, (except it grows like your lilly, only the leaves look like mother-in-law's tongue) massive flower stalks 8-9ft high. They've been there since I can remember, and I've never seen the flowers, untill now. Plants are awesome.

As for fauna around here, I got a blue-tongue that keeps scaring me (looks like a @#$%@# death adder at certain angles....) A 'rail' bird that scoots around the garden and "hoots" at me. a horrible serpent that kindly rids us of rodents, but also craps them out in my 'smoking shed' (wholey christ they stink!!!)

We got them full jet-black "land mullet" lizards around, but when you see one of them, the instant you move a muscle, they've vanished.

these aren't my pics: (just an example)
land mullet
https://www.lanerealty.com.au/images/picLandMullet.jpg
'rail' bird
https://www.elkeith.com/images/photog..._pereru_1L.jpg

Also, I found a weird slug the other day.... turns out its a native:
'Red triangle slug
https://i1.treknature.com/photos/320/rt_slug.jpg

weird little fucker has a 'breathing hole' that kept opening and closing.... I thought it'd been attacked, and I could see all these little holes inside the slughole.... fuck it was cool. And yeah, they're natives...

Old 12-28-2010, 03:32 AM #105
BUNDY & COKE
"Qualified Rumoligist".....

BUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura about
Hi all, hope you dont mind me putting in some pics here of a place i found on my travels.
These are a few from the Valley of the Giants, Tree-top walk near Walpole WA. Suspended walkways 40 metres in the air amongst the tree-tops walking threw 400 year old gums and various flora and fauna. Have several pics but only put a few in here. Hope you enjoy.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:34 AM #106
BUNDY & COKE
"Qualified Rumoligist".....

BUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura aboutBUNDY & COKE has a spectacular aura about

Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM #107
rexamus616
I GOTA LUST FOR LIFE!!

rexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of lightrexamus616 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey does this qualify? theres heaps of them out in the bush around here... this ones about 150mm across when its rolled up.

sorry about the crappy picture. we call them 'giant slaters'. we also have little grey ones...

Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 PM #108
ahortator

ahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud ofahortator has much to be proud of
Hello

This is the King Fern or Giant Fern, Angiopteris evecta.

It grows (or at least a very similar ancestor) in Australia since the Carboniferus Period, about 300.000.000 years ago.

I know that it grows in North Queensland and Northern Territory, and there is only one growing wild in NSW.

https://www.ccwild.com/blog/?p=3554#more-3554

https://rainforest-australia.com/King_Fern.htm

You have there too the Potato Ferm Marattia oreades of the same family, Marattiaceae.

Take care of them.

Greetings

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM #109
luvaduck

A few of my homies:

Old 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM #110
tea

fantastic photos...LOVE THIS THREAD to forgot the fucking weather today here

Thread Closed