What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

someotherguy

Veteran
But it is a help if you have any pests. I have been battling white flies forever and if i keep my plants neat they are easier to control.
have you tried Mosquito Dunks? they utilize a micro-organism that attacks the larvae and are quite effective against mosquitos and fungus gnats, ...maybe they would be equally effective against white flies.

They look like donuts made of sawdust and each donut is made to be tossed into a pond so, unless you have a LARGE reservoir, lol, i'd suggest crumbling up one of the donuts and lightly top dressing the girls.

Hope this helps, SOG

bobman

thanks. i will research that again. i believe they are not effective on whiteflies but i will research some more.

G

grassott

id like to try hempies, but most plants i see in them look shitty.

picture.php

Hempy buckets currently being flowered with a 400w bulb. Shitty? The only thing that's shitty here is my photographic skills. I dunno. Trolls these days lol:moon:

Rukind

I used to follow hempy's advice with the general hydroponics fulll strength and my plants looked pretty good but not what i was wanting. my friends growing in dirt had way better looking plants.

Then i did some research and I found what I like.

I use this same thing for all plants regardless if flower or veg. I dont add anything else this is it

First I ph adjust my water with ph down the best that I can (no ph meter, only liquid ph checker) to somewhere between 5.5 to 6.0

Basically I have to use about 5ml of GH ph down in order to get it to where I like it. My water kind of sucks.

Then I add 2.5ml of protekt

shake it up really good

10ml of GH micro

shake it

15ml of gh bloom

shake it

That is all I do for every plant always and they are look soo much better than they used to. I will get some pictures when they are finished. I just started about 3 weeks ago using this technique but I can already see the difference. Time will tell.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
That's kind of a moot point. What's it like compared to soil or lava rocks or whatever....it's just a top-fed method using a medium of which many could be used. Traditionally the buckets use a perlite/vermiculite mix, however, other mediums can be used...say coco as part of this mixture as well. Though I don't post many pictures, I can tell you that I've grown a few monsters with this method....as many many others have. I mean, just look at those beauties that secret & grassot posted. Better yet, look at what Dalila posted way earlier.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I doubt you'd be happy Iwanna..being shitty hempy weed. Maybe look at the coco hempy thread

G

Graham Purwatt

a hempy bucket has no moving parts to fail and doesn't have to be watered everyday if you have a big enough container.it's as easy as you could ask for and yields great,just water when it needs it and cut her down when she's ready. imo coco hempys are even better than the original mix but that's just my opinion. there are very few hempy pics in this thread that look "shitty". try starting at the beginning and working your way through the whole thing.i've grown in soil,e&f, & dwc and hempy buckets are the easiest with the best results i've found.dwc will yield you a little more but will bring you alot more problems to deal with too

G

grassott

how do they perform compared to say coco?

Tell you what mate, just spend an hour or so on this magnificent thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147954

The hempmeister has combined coco with his hempies. I'd do them in coco myself, but right now I gotta ton of perl/verm so I'm gonna use that up before I chuck money at coco lol.

So people, do you think this guy's gonna join the hempy revolution some day? He's thinkin about it, he's thinkin about it:tiphat:

someotherguy

Veteran
High people, I managed to get the use of a pc today and I was able to upload a couple pics of things here in my wierd little world and so I thought i'd share some from my very limited experience with hempy-buckets.

First I want to say up front that i'm no expert grower, i'm just a micro-grower feeding my head, ...but I have tried a few things in the 4 plus years since I popped my first bean, i've run a high-density micro-SOG inside my small bud-box, with moderate success, for most of that time so i've actually cloned, grown and smoked HUNDREDS of plants in that time.

What i'm getting at is that I have spent many hours tending my plants and maybe even more hours reading threads and studying, trying to find ways that work. Unfortunately for me, every time I read the words 'hempy-buckets' I was fully committed and trying something else.

All I can say is FUCK!!!! Why didn't I try these sooner!

...lol, so heres a few pics of my crappy plants in those hempy things, and I sure wish my plants stay thus shitty!

First, I learn to clone in coco. (i'm using the coke bottles as hempys to sex some seedlings)
picture.php

...and a shot of the roots approx. 2 weeks from cutting.
picture.php

I really did do a butt-load of reading and study before I decided on coco hempys and I figured if I could clone directly into coco it would eliminate a couple steps in my process and I have to say that cloning in coco has proven to be decidedly easy.

Anyway, heres a shot of my larger Folgers buckets which hold exactly 3 quart sized measuring cups so the bottom 1.5inchs is filled with chunky perlite and the rest is straight coco, Botanicare CocoGro 5kg brick 'cause thats what there was, lol.
picture.php

...now back to these crappy 2liter hempys i'm using to sex a few seedlings of one of my AK47 crosses.
picture.php

...and here they are a couple weeks later and all now confirmed females.
picture.php

...and a few crappy bud shots from my little hempys, K.I.S.S. style.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway, most of these are only about 3 weeks in with maybe a couple a few days ahead, none further in than 26 days.

...man I wish i'd tried these hempys years ago! I hope my plants always look this crappy!

Peace, SOG

G

grassott

Got six girls in small pots at the moment. They're going in the buckets tonight. Can't wait. They've been screaming at me for their hempies for quite some time now lol...
picture.php

My experimental crop.

Oh, and these girls are into week 6 now. Shit pics I know (on top of my 600watter and adjust a wing reflector, I gotta ask Santa for a new digicam too. Some fucker stole my last one but that's life...
picture.php

Just 4 or 5 weeks to go before the chop. Can't wait really.

Say SOG, what lights you using on your girls in both veg and flower mate?

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
That has to be some of the prettiest shitty hempy weed I've seen in a while lol.. Nice