What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
^^ yeah that :) Hope your on the mend soon bro.

I need some of the growgles that agent smith rocks before I flip to vert I think :D Good vibes coming your way! :cathug:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Hey bro, a word of caution about the spray foam you mentioned in the beginning. That stuff is highly toxic to plants due to off gassing. Just helped a friend tear down his grow because he installed his insulation using that stuff, and it nearly killed all the seedlings. I'm guessing that is causing your problems too. It's called "Great Stuff", and there is nothing great about it. The chemical is Diisobutyl phthalate, and it is nasty stuff that offgasses.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey bro, a word of caution about the spray foam you mentioned in the beginning. That stuff is highly toxic to plants due to off gassing. Just helped a friend tear down his grow because he installed his insulation using that stuff, and it nearly killed all the seedlings. I'm guessing that is causing your problems too. It's called "Great Stuff", and there is nothing great about it. The chemical is Diisobutyl phthalate, and it is nasty stuff that offgasses.

Damn I never knew that. Is there any other solutions rather than taking it off, I'm guessing a few heavy coats of paint would do jack?

I got a very bad virus, it really kicked my ass but I'm better now, thanks for the heads up.

HGO

PS the foam is in my mom/clone area and they are looking fine.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Damn I never knew that. Is there any other solutions rather than taking it off, I'm guessing a few heavy coats of paint would do jack?

I got a very bad virus, it really kicked my ass but I'm better now, thanks for the heads up.

HGO

PS the foam is in my mom/clone area and they are looking fine.

Not sure if you can get that stuff off or cover it up.
In my friends case, he had to abandon his room because there was just too much of it. It is nasty stuff and should be more publicized as such. Hopefully it's not the cause of your problem. For a virus, I would treat plants with aspirin to boost their own natural defenses. Use @ 325 MG per gallon of nute solution. Also can be used as a foliar spray.

bobblehead

Veteran
Not sure if you can get that stuff off or cover it up.
In my friends case, he had to abandon his room because there was just too much of it. It is nasty stuff and should be more publicized as such. Hopefully it's not the cause of your problem. For a virus, I would treat plants with aspirin to boost their own natural defenses. Use @ 325 MG per gallon of nute solution. Also can be used as a foliar spray.

:laughing:

HGO is feeling ill. His plants don't have a virus... and doesn't aspirin cause flowering plants to reverse?

Last edited:

5th

Veteran

I used "Great Stuff" to stop the few pin hole leaks in my tubes when I first leak tested them...plants are alive...leaks stopped instantly...got any links to support this off gassing claim? I like readin' n' such. :tiphat:

RetroGrow

Veteran

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Day 10 Flower

Day 10 Flower

You guys really crack me up lmao, I'm in a hurry so this is a quick update.....

Plant Heights:

KarmaTrain #1 - 23"
KarmaTrain #2 - 26"
Chem D #1 - 21.5"
Chem D #2 - 26"
Sour Diesel IBL - 23"
4SD - 23.5"

Photos were taken before the girls got a trim, I'll give another trim just before flower stretch around day 19 +/-

KarmaTrain #1 (topped)

picture.php

Karma Train #2 (untopped)
picture.php

Sour Diesel IBL

picture.php

Chem D #1 (topped)

picture.php

Chem D #2 (untopped)

picture.php

4SD

picture.php

Gotta run do some shopping so I'll hit ya back later guys.

Peace

HGO

Last edited:

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

They look really healthy now bro' and wow those are some serious bushes one more time:jump:

Great skills and looking forward to the flowers!!

Vibes HGO:)

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Thanks guys, I'm happy with their current health. I'm now feeding 1.5EC and I don't think I'll go much higher. PK 13/14 is being introduced in 8 days.

Here's a full shot of them in the tent, taken at day 12 flower.

picture.php

picture.php

HGO

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi, Opus and thank you! They are growing great again, it took putting them into flower to fix their metabolism.

The lights just came on there now so I emptied their waste tray and had a look at 'em, they are all giving a good stretch. I have turned off the heater at night because I want them to stretch up to the top bulb, I'm hoping the colder nights will help them stretch. I have a week +/- of stretch left so heres hoping for the best, they have all stretched around 6" since flower began, if I can get another 6" I'll be happy. The Chemdogs are BEASTS, I'll have to put up the scorch screen tonight because 1 Dawg is near touching the bottom bulb.

Take care, and vibez to you all!
HGO

Latest posts

Latest posts