What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Results: Grams per Watt

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Jacky_Brown got 1800 grams from 2000 watts of PowerLED models 120 and 180. gpw rating = .9

GP73LPC

Veteran
Table in post one has been updated...

ALL LED GROWS COMPILED IN THIS TABLE. THIS TABLE ALSO CONTAINS THE LATEST INFO AS I RECEIVED IT OR FOUND IT.

---MEMBER---MANUFACTURER/TOTAL WATTS--REAL UNIT WATTS-GRAMS----GPW
Mr X-------------------4-EVO-90=360-----------------70-------------484-------1.73 --> CLICK HERE and HERE
Addicted2Grow-------3-PowerLED 120=360-------------118------------468-------1.3 ---> CLICK HERE
Gopher-------------------???????????-----------------125------------163-------1.3 ---> CLICK HERE
Habel----------------------DIY=60---------------------60-------------68-------1.13 ---> Link has been removed
Blazeoneup--------------HGL 205=205-----------------180------------203-------1.12 ---> Link has been removed
Addicted2Grow-------5-PowerLED 120=600-------------118------------642-------1.07 --> CLICK HERE
VerdantGreen-------------HGL 63=63-------------------55-------------59-------1.07 --> CLICK HERE
VerdantGreen------------HGL 205=205-----------------180------------180-------1.0 ---> CLICK HERE
MeanBean----------------HGL 126=126----------------118------------118-------1.0 ---> CLICK HERE
Addicted2Grow-------6-PowerLED 120/720-------------118------------690-------0.96 ---> CLICK HERE
Jacky_Brown--4-PowerLED120/9-PowerLED180=2100---118/177--------1890-------0.9 ---> CLICK HERE
Addicted2Grow-------2-PowerLED 120=240-------------118------------210------0.85 ---> CLICK HERE
MeanBean(2grows)---HGL 126=126(lite mover)----------118------------170------0.72 ---> CLICK HERE
WizeWizo---------------PS 180=180-------------------164------------116-------0.71 ---> CLICK HERE
WizeWizo----------------HGL 205=205-----------------180------------144-------0.7 ---> CLICK HERE
Tim_in_marin-----------LUMIGROW 330----------------290-------------189-------0.65 ---> CLICK HERE
ak-51----------------HGL 318&345=663-------------293/318-----------378-------0.61 ---> it's the next post ;)

NON-MEMBERS----MANUFACTURER/WATTS----REAL UNIT WATTS----GRAMS----GPW
Stra8outtaweed---------4-WEX-C150=600-------------109-------------528------1.21 google "LED GROW SHOW"
Rumpleforeskin------------2-PS 180=360---------------164-------------209------0.64 google "rumpleforeskin led challenge"

END OF TABLE

Herborizer

Veteran
Those results look great. It looks like LED technology is about to crest the hump in horticulture. It would be great to see these advance even further. I mean, shoot. Who doesn't like the idea of focusing the only needed color spectrum's for each watt of power they use in a light. Also the possibility of long life out of a bulb. Sounds great!

Now we just need the manufactures to come back down to reality and stop all this misinformation. I swear if they just stop the lies about how a 300w LED = 1000w HPS, I think a lot more people might pay attention. Also, bring the price down to reasonable rates. I could see paying $1200 for a 600w LED if it was proven to kick butt.

I am sure that some day LED's will push better GPW then the competition, but for now it seems that 1GPW is pretty much the bar no matter what quality light is used.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, bring the price down to reasonable rates. I could see paying $1200 for a 600w LED if it was proven to kick butt.

It's actually pretty surprising how competitively some of these units are priced - the problem is in trying to determine the units using quality components from the ones using Chinese crap. The 50 watt Evo units (40 watts of LED's), similar to what Mr. X used, appear to be going for around $400 each. I am in the process of building (still.....) a hybrid LED/PL-L fixture, which will utilize 3 LED light bars that are very comparable in both wattage and physical dimensions with the Evo 50. At this point, I am ready to start assembling the components and I have just shy of $800 in parts for the three bars, and I still have to do the labor. In order to get that level of pricing, I had to buy enough parts to actually assemble a 4th unit, so the project cost is pushing a grand just for the LED portion.

I think that at this point, the only thing that is going to drive the price down is for the actual LED manufacturers to get their volumes up. The components have evolved to the point that it is obvious that they work, but they are pretty specialized at this time and have a limited customer base, which keeps the manufacturing costs up.

GP73LPC

Veteran
rives, your project sounds cool, can't wait to see it up and running...

and the evo 50 sells for $238, shipping to the US around $100, so $338 to the front door...

GP73LPC

Veteran
the better buy in the evo leds is the 90 watter that actually outputs 70 watts. $337 plus shipping. per watt it's the cheapest of their models...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP - where are you finding these prices? The only supplier that I have found is significantly more.

GP73LPC

Veteran
@that price, Mr. X should have about $1350 invested for a 1.73 gpw return ;)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Tim in Marin grow that was listed was just a few small clones grown under the Lumigrow in a small limited area to match the space of the other light being compared in that grow it was to compare the LG 330 to the one from a certain "Girl" that I won't mention here and the Lumigrow kicked it's ass. I routinely get a gram per watt or more with my 330's but then again that is also strain dependent as well. :canabis:

Those Evo LED lights do look very interesting though! :good:

GP73LPC

Veteran
hey SOTF,
thanks for joining the discussion. i realize that tim_in_marin's grow is not representative of what the lumigrow can do, but it's the only documentation of pure LED with Lumigrow i can find.

of course, your grows prove tremendous results are available, but those 96 watts of t5's kept me from adding you. but don't think for a moment what you are doing with LED's and your 'salad topper' business is amazing to me and others...

much :respect: SOTF

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tiphat: :thank you:

You brought up something quite interesting too and that is you can indeed grow big happy healthy seeds with LED lighting. If I told you how many grams I yielded under 2 Lumigrows of fully seeded Swt #4 plants you would not even believe me! It was well over 1 gpw lol Seeds are pretty heavy though. :biggrin:

Much love & LED light! :canabis:

blimblom

my first LED run had seeds on, so I dont count it really. I growed nearly 200 healthy seeds, so I wont need to pay any of the premium seeds anymore.

my second LED run yielded 34+29grams (two plants) = 63gram of dried matter ;)

My system is a 67watt total consumption DIY LED system, so we have a GpW of nearly 1 (or 0.94 to be precise) which is exceptionally good for my standards. Im not an exceptional gardener and Im sure there is some room for improvement . Maybe I have to run the LEDs a little bit softer or harder Im not sure yet. But on this run the consumption was 67Watt total at the plug

the plants were Martian Mean Green grown from seed in SCROG (the best method of growing with LEDs IMO)

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks blimblom,
i am adding you to the list.

can you tell us a little bit about your DIY LED? What kinda LEDs? heatsink or fans or both?

got any pics?

Latest posts

Latest posts