What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

Here is to getting the jungle back. You can’t beat the t5 veg but these new hlg led are impressing the shit out of me and they are real reasonable. Having no problem covering 2x2 in veg with 100 Watts. For the air conditioner I am sure you are familiar with pros and cons of each but if power use is a concern the mini splits are it. In my eyes if you are supplementing co2 the dual hose can’t help. Get a small mini for a run or two and put another small one on an opposite wall and life is worry free. It’s cool to see you back and getting busy. Best of luck and may the future be frosty.
What's the deal with those LEDs. Brand? Price?

Buckeyebandit

Horticulture lighting group 100. You can see it on amazon. Cost 160 bucks. Well worth a look. I run 2 of the 65’ s in a 3 x 3 tent for veg and love mine

U

useless.gardens

Horticulture lighting group 100. You can see it on amazon. Cost 160 bucks. Well worth a look. I run 2 of the 65’ s in a 3 x 3 tent for veg and love mine
thanks for the information. checked out the LEDz, I like them tons. I use a 2x2x4 to reverse females or grab pollen from males. think one of the hlg lights would be a great option.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Good luck with the new setup useless! Glad you're back enjoying your hobby.

I really want to get overflo but still haven't talked myself into it..

The HLG lights are great.. I also like Solstrips for similar reasons. Depending on the driver they're dimmable without causing any harm as well which is super useful.. I'm not sure if the 100 is dimmable ive got the 135s.. The area they cover for the wattage is insane. Anyway happy growing :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see ya back at it Useless.
Hope this round is bigger, better & badder than the previous one.

U

useless.gardens

thanks for the support & kinds words everybody.
really digging the HLG lights. given the output, amperage, price, & recommendations i would say definitely gonna grab one or two.
also all opinions, thoughts, & ideas are welcome in this thread.
the way it was it shall be again.

sunshine daydream.
picture.php

midnight fire
picture.php

my cut of JTR
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

all beans inside the usa are on the way! love them seeds. stash of fine genetics feels great.

my seedman order still on wait... as payment hasnt reached spain.

stoked to grab the last pack of "rainbow chip" by exotic genetix at a certain shoppe.

rainbow chip : sunset sherb x mint chocolate chip
mint choc. chip : thin mint cooks x green ribbon bx

per exotic:

Mother: Sunset Sherb
Father:
Mint Chocolate Chip
Family:
50/50 Hybrid
Sex:
Reg
Growing Conditions:
Multi Topped Bush
Height:
Medium
Flowering Time:
56-63 Days
Yield:
Heavy Producer

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
What I see

What I see

I look forward to seeing what you find in your collection. It’s a wonderful time to be gathering genetics and I do believe the best plants are yet to come. One person doesn’t have the time or resources to explore all the possible combinations so we must all do our part and run seeds of what we find interesting. Here is to the hope of the hunt.

For the lights, I was worried about them being too close to the plant tops on the shelf but they seem to like it. Really branching well and staying sturdy like they do under t5s. I like the cmh 315s for their coverage in veg, 5x5 but they have to be 4-5 feet over the tops to have that spread and the plants are a little more stretchy and not as self supportive. I am picking up 3 of the Samsung 550s to try in flower but I will try one in veg some time. The first 2 are under the LEDs and the last is of the same clones on the same timeline under cmh.

Attachments

• 82DCBF06-7B57-4C7D-8676-7EB9A93271C4.jpg
    82DCBF06-7B57-4C7D-8676-7EB9A93271C4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 52EC4A34-BD4A-41D3-8294-BD5A37C2C3FA.jpg
    52EC4A34-BD4A-41D3-8294-BD5A37C2C3FA.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 9D14BF69-CB36-436C-A6ED-8F3A5E775BEF.jpg
    9D14BF69-CB36-436C-A6ED-8F3A5E775BEF.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 26

Buckeyebandit

I look forward to seeing what you find in your collection. It’s a wonderful time to be gathering genetics and I do believe the best plants are yet to come. One person doesn’t have the time or resources to explore all the possible combinations so we must all do our part and run seeds of what we find interesting. Here is to the hope of the hunt.

For the lights, I was worried about them being too close to the plant tops on the shelf but they seem to like it. Really branching well and staying sturdy like they do under t5s. I like the cmh 315s for their coverage in veg, 5x5 but they have to be 4-5 feet over the tops to have that spread and the plants are a little more stretchy and not as self supportive. I am picking up 3 of the Samsung 550s to try in flower but I will try one in veg some time. The first 2 are under the LEDs and the last is of the same clones on the same timeline under cmh.

You have the 65’s like I do. And I use 2 of the 315 cmh for flower with Phillips 3100k bulbs. What bulbs do you use while in veg?
I clone under my 65’s as well

U

useless.gardens

You have the 65’s like I do. And I use 2 of the 315 cmh for flower with Phillips 3100k bulbs. What bulbs do you use while in veg?
I clone under my 65’s as well
What kind of hoods are you using on those 315s?

How many plants you flowering under those lamps?

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
This

This

I run 8 315s in veg and have several different hoods from sunlight including horizontal and vertical bulb mounting with built in or remote ballast. I mix 3100k and 4200k bulbs but can’t see any difference. I think the vertical mounted bulb with the separate ballast covers the best. In veg with those .75 gal. pots I can fit 50 and once I move them to 3 gal. I put 12 or so. It will cover 5x5 5 feet over the pots in veg. The 315s also grow out pretty flowers but I really like to combine the cmh with hps for yield in flower. In flower the 315 covers 3x3’ so not many plants unless you run small short veg plants.

Buckeyebandit

What kind of hoods are you using on those 315s?

How many plants you flowering under those lamps?

I bought the vivosun hoods( cheap ones ). The ones that look like they were beat with a hammer lol. I'll look to see exactly what there called.

I flower 16 / 18 plants at a time in 3 gallon pots

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Are you guys liking the 315's? I got a DE 630 and it's worth about half of a 1k hps. Frosty dense buds but less yield and the hps is frosty denser buds. I'm sticking with the hps.

Buckeyebandit

LB
I can’t speak for others but I like mine. Plan to grab another one. I used to run 600 hps and find the cmh to do better all the way around

U

useless.gardens

I've been using 400w hps -- cmh conversion bulbs. For those lamps I use old school magnetic ballasts. I find them to be superior to hps lamps. In fact, 630cmh is where it's at if you ask me.

The gear for a basic setup, from filter to veg to flower, is all here.

Now, just need a new home.

Once I grab a place, I'll dive into a propagation set up... I use it all... aero to dwc to root and make them beards long... To dome/tray for keeping moms backed up.

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
After seeing issackcrush it with the 630 cmh i def am thinking about grabbing a set but I still think the 1000w hps will cover more area and really deliver penetration to tge bottoms...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have run several 315s and two 630 cmh in a couple of different rooms for the last couple of years and I am swapping to LEDs just to see. I agree with Lester, the 1000 watt de bulbs are hard to beat if you are into yield and density. I really like 4 double ended Philips hps 1000w with a 315 bare bulb hanging in the middle the best. The 315s in flower can’t be more than 24” away from anything to pack on density. In Issacks run I think it would have been different with all cmh, just my opinion. For a pheno hunt tent the 315 would be good to find the frostiest.

U

useless.gardens

The heat alone from a 1000w light makes me cringe. If a 1000w lamp is not air cooled, personally, it's not for me. I love the way cmh makes my plants look. Little less, or little more, yield isn't important to me. Saving $ on electric is very important as long as I can keep my plant count in flower at 15 to 20. Nevertheless, I totally see great value in mixed spectrum lighting. Either way you guys rock it in your gardens, the conversation is great and very informative.

Got my Archive order today. 2 packs each of Clearwater Kush, Face on Fire, and True Colors.

Personally, two of my all time top 10 are Wi-Fi and the True cut of OG kush.

Got packs of Cookie Killer, Wedding Cake x Black Banana , and Lemon Brulee as freebies.

And, Seedsman got my cash and got my order out. Little time spent waiting but not a single issue sending cash to them.

Love seeds. Can't wait to grow and show!!!!

Last edited: