What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guinness world record maybe? Candy smell bag seed, Albino

GZAK

Hey, guys. This is my first post and my first indoor grow. First diary as well. Nice to read you for starters (I've been spectating this forum for years). I hope that it'll be nice to read me as well. So, generally I'm an outdoor gardener, but this time I decided to move indoors, under my working desk. I made this cheap o' growbox from stuff that I found around the house. Used an old cassete deck to make the box itself, cut and drilled some holes for the fans, the bulbs and the screws, fixed a pair of hinges for the door, covered the interior with thin foam and a layer of reflective material which is typically used for reflecting heat from behind household radiators. I used this material for both of its thermal and reflective properties. Some aluminium sticky tape worked just great to cover the seals and to reinforce everything up.

Pic time.
Here's the exterior:
image.png

This the fresh air supply fan (40x40x10mm, 12V, 9m³/h, 18.2dBA, PC fan) works silently and does its thing just perfectly + works as wind simulation:
ALIM7047.jpg

In the picture above you can also see my little 0.5 liter pot in which I drillled some holes in order to simulate an airpot.
The soil mix contains some Mediterranean sea rocks (at the bottom), coco fibers, substrate for seedlings and vegetables, some perlite and cocoa bean shells.
The temperature in day time stays around 27-30C and around 20-22C during night time.
Currently I'm using a 30W, 6500K, 1940lm CFL bulb which is more than enough for an average grow with such little space (the cassette deck is only 12,5x10x20 cm). And it was physically impossible to install a larger and more powerfull light source. This I'm going to use for the vegetation period which, you've guessed it - won't last for long.
For the flowering period I will use a 21W, 2700K, 1100lm CFL bulb. I chose a weaker bulb for the flowering period due to lack of space inside the growbox after the plant grows a little bit. When the plant will be larger, the temperatures would definitely get too high with the 30W bulb.
Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention the extraction fan. I'm using a 80x80x25mm, 12V, 40.2m³/h, 22.1dBA PC fan to which I attached a neanderthalic D.I.Y. easily refillable carbon filter (a steel candy case with tiny holes, a piece of curtain, electrical tape and 25 grams of activated carbon).
Here's a better overall look at the interior:
ALIM7071.jpg

The bulb, the filter, the pot (temporarily lifted up closer to the light source). 22C cause I took this pic right after the night period. Also notice the extra reflective surfaces.
And finally___________ the Albino which I really hope will not die soon. I heard Albino plants stink like ass when you smoke them, are lacking of potency and when growing, they evolve slowly or don't at all, but at this point I don't really mind that. I like to grow cannabis and other plants for the fun of it. Albino close up:
ALIM7063.jpg

The goal of this operation is 21W/21g, however, I would also appreciate the Albino even for a single spliff.
So for now that's kind of all, folks :)

...to be updated...

B

bringyalungs

badass, don't forget to take clones.... all eyes on you bro... seen the all black Black Magic African.... this is different man way different...

B

bringyalungs

they got info on albino stains on Google, think there is a thread on here too with info... something feeding might be an issue...I'm rooting for you though

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
thats waaaaaaay more ghetto than my ghetto

i sincerely hope that albino survives

and the only way that grow box coulda possibly have been cooler is if it was the nakamichi's golden dragon from that shitty tom cruise movie "risky business"

gold-nakamichi.gif

seriously tho , if you had hacked up one of those there would be a price on your head in the audiophile community

overall , you are definitely a contender for "best first ICMAG thread of 2015" award gzak , congrats

GZAK

Hey, guys! I really appreciate your kind words and I will do my best to not let you down. But on the other hand, even if the albino dies, this would be a great practical experience for me in treating plant diseases.

Here's a brief update from the ill one:
So I did a bit more research on albinism in plants and found out that it is basically an illnes during which the plant struggles or is inable to produce -green pigment- chlorophyll which is vital for photosynthesis.
I know that giving fertilizers to seedlings is a dumb-ass idea, but I still gave it a shot as I thought that several additional NPK molecules would encourage the little brat to produce more chlorophyll and help to promote root growth. So yesterday's morning I added a single drop of "Organic grow" liquid fertilizer from 'PLATINUM nutrients' (3-2-5.5) into around a half liter of neutral pH water and gave a few sprays of the solution onto the soil. Today I'm noticing a slight nutrient burn (doh..). However, one thing's positive - the albino turned slightly yellowish-greenish in color which I think is good healing progress.
Pic time.
From above:
ALIM7092.jpg

Albino close up:
ALIM7093.jpg

It seems that eventually I might manage to 'pull out' the three fingered leaves from the spindly, but still robust stem. The tri-leaves are most definitely kicking out, obviously at a snails pace, but the most important thing is that they are. Later on, after the tri-leaves show, it should be easier to manage the chlorophyll deficiency as the plants foliage surface would increase.
The chances, in my opinion, for the plant to turn male/female/hermaphrodyte are 33.33% each. Chances of survival - 50/50.

So that's it for this time. Stay tuned, if you want to learn about and see the effects of Ginseng and Hippophae root fungi biomass concentrate which bought yesterday and will use after/if the albino dude gets better.
Thank you, guys, once again for your support!

GZAK

Light bleach is impossible, my friend. The seed sprouted this way. It's definitely genetics. I've seen light bleaches and this is not it. Sorry.

ghostmade

Veteran
not to be a dick.but she will die most Likely.see it lacks chlorophyll,it has a specific name to it.i forgot.
I hope it lives or at the very least fill you micro cab with something else.either way good luck

GZAK

What's up, guys? It's me again. Just want to tell you that I'm beginning to lose my hopes on the ill one, thus today I went to my backyard and found myself a nice little seedling that sprouted in the compost pile. I have no idea what strain it is as last year I threw out a bunch of moldy, though previously pollinated, flowers from several different plants. Might be some good stuff, might as well be some plain old second, third or fourth generation bushweed (yes, I grow and cross those for experimental purposes).

Pic time.
Here's the new guy:
ALIM7135.jpg

I didn't do anything to the growing medium, just dug out the seedling with the compost dirt and put it in a plastic cup that had some holes in the bottom. Placed the little critter next to the albino:
ALIM7148.jpg

The whitey now looks like a lowlife skank, but its stem is still stiff, the tri-leaves are still growing micrometer by micrometer and I'm still loving and caring for it:
ALIM7141.jpg

That's it for this time :)