What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

og kush seed

Mr. Lovebuzzed

so is it possible to find outstanding represent of og kush genetics in any of those seeds in seedbanks? or are they all just watered down version of og? is it better to get a cut instead, or you can get something equally good as proved cuts?

:thank you: for your experiences and opinons, please share!

homebrew420

As much as I was a hater of dna I have grown a few packs and found some great phenos. Good rep from what I have seed. They do release some nice gear.
That's my only experience with brand name og seed.

Peace

roach

Veteran
they all started as a seed, so you might even find something better than the clones

i had good luck with cataract kush and exodus kush

I grew the San Fernando Valley O.G. Kush cut for many years, stopped running it though after I started on my newest strain called "Kosher Kush" from DNA Genetics. It is 90-95% just like the flavor, aroma, and growing characteristics as my original O.G. but higher yields and easier to clone! You can get some seeds or find a cut, it won't let you down!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=250798

I grew this in Ebb & Flow buckets about 4-5 ft tall yielded about 3-4 oz each under 1K's. Used Cutting Edge Solutions 3-part nutrients and their Sour-Dee.
picture.php

I know I am trying to find something even better than OG clone-only.

In the tray are seedlings of Sin City Rappers Delight and some very healthy bagseed out of my Larry OG that I have collected from a recent harvest.

Clones in the next tray are the cuts of OG and some indica strains.

Attachments

• DSC_0004 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0004 - Copy.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0002 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0002 - Copy.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 100

Mr. Lovebuzzed

hi guys, thx for responses :thank you:

@ homebrew420, which dna seeds did you try? and to which og cut you compare it to? im just curious :) fem or reg? thx

@ roach, yes man! something better hmm.. but first i want something equally good at least :biggrin: thanks i will look at those kush beans, were they fem or reg?, so you say that for example in cataract kush, let say in 20 seeds, i can find some nice plant which can stand next some legit cut, i mean in final product.. i know that any plant from those seeds will not be exact copy of any cuts, its not possible, i know it will be different a bit, but i want just same quality..

@ cheddarproof, hey bro, very beautiful.. i also saw that cut in Mr. Dank thread... sounds great, but it seems that this your comment:

I really enjoy this strain, the flavor is all it's own. I have been growing the San Fernando Valley O.G. Kush cut for about 5 years, and it still wins in flavor and aroma competition.

says something like sfv og is still better in flavor department? so sfv og better?

@ Kush Technician, nice!

@ Oledad420, yeah thanks buddy, i heard about those beans, i need experiences from regular og growers..

there are so many beaners brand og.. raskal, dankness, karma, house of love, grand daddy purp, etc... any experiences?

:tiphat:

roach

Veteran
@ roach, yes man! something better hmm.. but first i want something equally good at least :biggrin: thanks i will look at those kush beans, were they fem or reg?, so you say that for example in cataract kush, let say in 20 seeds, i can find some nice plant which can stand next some legit cut, i mean in final product.. i know that any plant from those seeds will not be exact copy of any cuts, its not possible, i know it will be different a bit, but i want just same quality..

I have never grown any of the clones, so how the seedlines compare to them i dont know, but of all the kush line i have grown the exodus and cataract have been the most consistent and non problematic.

I would think cataract is the one closest to the kush clones, its very indica and the taste and looks seem very similair to the clone grows i have seen here, there are some pics of them in my gallery.

The Exodus is imo better, its got more sativa kick with a good indica base, and the cheese realy shines thru in the taste, but i guess it all depends what you are after

and they where both femmed from either DNA or Reserva, but if you want reg seeds i´d prolly go with anything from Karma og GDP

Mr. Lovebuzzed

ha its funny cause i can get cataract kush cut here :biggrin: i will ask about that kosher kush cut..

yes? Pyrath, did you grow those seeds? or just cut of it? i forget cali connection.. i saw some nice sfv og bx F4 cut on the boards, very nice..

hmm Karma is good, soursmoker, i believe it, he uses hell angels cut and sfv og bx beans from cali conn right? but can it stand next to proved cuts?

i mean those seeds can be good, but i dont care about yeild or how quickly its rooting, just about final product.. strong lemon dank weed, big calyxes, dense, frosty.. with incredible head high quality..

here is what i found about rd beans from reputable grower:

I ran 20 RD OG's......10 Doc's OG & 10 Scott's OG, got 7 female Doc's & 3 female Scott's. I ran several phenos a few times.

I've ditched all of them, except for my Doc OG #2 and Scott OG #1. The Doc #2 is an awesome OG........flavor, high, smell.....dead on OG. I plan to keep her indefinitely.....for now.

The Scott's is strong, my #1 has great potency...........BUT.....I have/had better. Growth structure, flavor, characteristic of the high.....a few the weaker points IMO. I'm close to flowering out the last clone I have of her.
Just my
2cents.gif
after running things for a while...

it sounds great!

P

pyratth

yes? Pyrath, did you grow those seeds? or just cut of it? i forget cali connection.. i saw some nice sfv og bx F4 cut on the boards, very nice..
I recently grown a pack of Deadhead OG, I found 2 interesting phenos :

DHOG #1

4n621.jpg

fjm907.jpg

1zbz31y.jpg

DHOG #4

do6iwm.jpg

311uxdh.jpg

DHOG #1 have a really amazing trichromes production... and DHOG #4 looks like a SD, with big big calixes and more diesel in smell (#1 is diesel/earthy).

Another great strain is the White Fire from OG Raskal, but not really a "real" OG Kush, and only in feminized form.

Vibzzz bro.

Cannastyle

X2 on the White Fire OG....

So far I have ran CC SFV Bx4, Julius Ceasar, CVK, and Doc Greenthumb Ghost OG S1...nothing compares to my Tahoe OG clone though...

That being said....The Wifi is a different story....she is in the stable indefinitely...she runs just as much as my Tahoe. Great OG flavor, dense ass nugs and great stone to her.

I would look into the Wifi...although there are several good choices posted here too.

Relentless

Veteran
Right now my fire og bx male is throwing pollen on the white, fire og, and gsc(forum)..
I plan on workin that fire og to bx3 at least, which ill be using to hit all my og's..
As soon as the fire og bx male is done pollinating, Im reversing several the whites and hitting fire og, sfv, ghost, tahoe, larry, gsc, etc.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Relentless again.

I can't even remember the last time I repped you?
Weird...
Will these be sent into the bay Relentless? These sound mighty tasty! Deff would have to pick up a few packs...

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Right now my fire og bx male is throwing pollen on the white, fire og, and gsc(forum)..
I plan on workin that fire og to bx3 at least, which ill be using to hit all my og's..
As soon as the fire og bx male is done pollinating, Im reversing several the whites and hitting fire og, sfv, ghost, tahoe, larry, gsc, etc.

Wow Im jealous .That sounds tasty

Latest posts

Latest posts