Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2018, 12:05 AM #51
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
I emailed him about that and he said he is still sending seeds out of country. That does not mean that will last forever though.
That's good to know for the time being. Hopefully he'll remain loyal to his customers abroad. I could totally understand wanting to back off on the black market side of things after over 15 years of doing it and having the chance to do it legally all of a sudden.

I really hope the U.S. and other countries can learn something from Canada and finally end all this nonsense.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:49 PM #52
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
It looks like the ordering page/info was removed.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2018, 11:41 PM #53
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
that sucks
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2018, 04:08 PM #54
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
It looks like the ordering page/info was removed.
It seems to me he's just covering his ass. He isn't offering anything for sale on his website, so hopefully he'll be left alone. Email him and all should be well.

His email is new one too. He sent a message to people on his preferred customer list over the summer saying he was making the change for security reasons.

MikeJ has always shown he's in it for the long haul, in his breeding, and in his business. I honestly don't believe he plans to shut down.
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:37 PM #55
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFantasyman View Post
It seems to me he's just covering his ass. He isn't offering anything for sale on his website, so hopefully he'll be left alone. Email him and all should be well.

His email is new one too. He sent a message to people on his preferred customer list over the summer saying he was making the change for security reasons.

MikeJ has always shown he's in it for the long haul, in his breeding, and in his business. I honestly don't believe he plans to shut down.
Makes sense. I figured it had to do with Canada's change in law, I just had no Idea what his plans were with the business. Hopefully Peak will continue to do business throughout the future. MJ has treated us very well and is ethical, not to mention generous in his business practices. Very rare nowadays... I'd hate to loose Peak.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:54 AM #56
noknees

noknees will become famous soon enough
Quote:

the more i hear about this dude, the better he sounds.
noknees is offline Quote

Old 11-01-2018, 09:06 AM #57
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post
the more i hear about this dude, the better he sounds.
MJs the man. First order I made several years ago half of the seeds arrived crushed (thanks customs.) MJ sent out the order again free of charge. Last year I ordered more NL and had it sent "stealth shipping" just to prevent this from happening again. A month goes by and no package. Gave him the heads up and we decided to wait a few more weeks to be sure. Still no package. Those assholes at customs again... He than resent the order and threw in some extra seeds since he was out of town the week before and I had to wait an extra week. Package came in 11 days with seeds perfectly intact.

I might add that whatever shipping method you choose you will probably be happy with. He said that on both occasions what happened was rare. Both methods (standard and stealth) are VERY discreet and no one would ever think anything of them. Took me a bit to even figure out where they were in the stealth package. If it gives any comfort LEO never showed up at my safe address.

Last edited by JustSumTomatoes; 11-01-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 11-01-2018, 04:26 PM #58
SandyFantasyman

SandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura aboutSandyFantasyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
MJs the man. First order I made several years ago half of the seeds arrived crushed (thanks customs.) MJ sent out the order again free of charge. Last year I ordered more NL and had it sent "stealth shipping" just to prevent this from happening again. A month goes by and no package. Gave him the heads up and we decided to wait a few more weeks to be sure. Still no package. Those assholes at customs again... He than resent the order and threw in some extra seeds since he was out of town the week before and I had to wait an extra week. Package came in 11 days with seeds perfectly intact.

I might add that whatever shipping method you choose you will probably be happy with. He said that on both occasions what happened was rare. Both methods (standard and stealth) are VERY discreet and no one would ever think anything of them. Took me a bit to even figure out where they were in the stealth package. If it gives any comfort LEO never showed up at my safe address.
I don't think I've ever gotten what I ordered from Peak, it's always been extra, sometimes double or more. And if he has to delay shipping for any reason, he's been quick to offer a pack of anything I want on his menu to 'make up for it'(delays have generally only been a day or two, nothing to make up for, but that's how Mike rolls).

A specific example: when I paid for 10 of his C99(not on the web page, you have to ask for it), he sent nearly 30.

I've dealt with big seed breeders/dealers like Seedsman and Nirvana, and the difference between the impersonal service from them and that of a small company run by dedicated, committed gentleman like MikeJ is absolutely incredible.
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 PM #59
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
I don't think I've ever gotten what I ordered from Peak, it's always been extra, sometimes double or more. And if he has to delay shipping for any reason, he's been quick to offer a pack of anything I want on his menu to 'make up for it'(delays have generally only been a day or two, nothing to make up for, but that's how Mike rolls).

A specific example: when I paid for 10 of his C99(not on the web page, you have to ask for it), he sent nearly 30.

I've dealt with big seed breeders/dealers like Seedsman and Nirvana, and the difference between the impersonal service from them and that of a small company run by dedicated, committed gentleman like MikeJ is absolutely incredible.
Couldn't agree more. My first order of ten seeds was more like 12 or 13. The second order was for 20 and I got like was like 43 or 44. I am always loyal to that kind of treatment. I didn't mention that there was a near 100% germ ratio for the seeds I popped. You can't beat stats like that in this industry.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:36 AM #60
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
These stories don't surprise me at all. In fact his high degree of integrity and outstanding business sense is why I have stayed exclusively with MJ for at least the past 12 years. Not to mention the way above average genetics and his strict adherence to selling only genetically stable, consistent stock.

Now my story. I had ordered a pack of Sweet Skunk but realized I had made some F2's so decided to email him and get some of that DJ Short's Blueberry he breeds. He sent both.

If he stops selling, I sure will miss that dude.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote