What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Pronounced muh-cob, Macob, McCobb, MKOB kush is the proginy of mickey kush from Homegrown Natural Wonders and Obama kush the Pacific Northwest clone only variety. The result are phenos with sativa growth and triangle bud structure with the smell and potency of the mostly indica Obama kush. The phenos vary with some phenos leaning towards Mickey kush or Obama kush dominant but the majority of phenos possessing traits from both parents.

I made this cross and have not seen anyone else growing it except for those I've given clones and seeds too. I've stabilized the genetics by making some bx1's.

This thread is the place to share information about MKOB kush.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Aota1

Looks nice and sounds like very good herb. I love Obama done well but don't know much about the Mickey. Interested to hear more.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Looks nice and sounds like very good herb. I love Obama done well but don't know much about the Mickey. Interested to hear more.

There are phenos that do very well outdoor at 45 latitude as well. The early outdoor phenos start flowering around August 1-10th and can be harvested during the last week of September. There is some pheno hunting needed to find those but a 10 pack found me multiple early phenos this year.

Mickey kush is a mostly sativa jack the ripper variety crossed with the indica sweet Irish kush. My mickey phenos tend to smell like bubblegum and have a high bud to leaf ratio with an early outdoor flowering time. The Obama kush phenos flower early as well but are shorter and have a high leaf to bud ratio. Oddly enough the proginy that is closer to 50/50 with their parents traits tend to flower later around August 20-24th!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Aota1

This seems like a very suitable hybrid for the area. I'm hoping to move before next season to a place with more space. I did just a few small from seed plants this year for fun. I grew full time until moving to Eugene last summer and now work full time managing a Dispensary. I miss the hours with plants indoor and out. If I have a better spot next year I'd love to give this one a go!!!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
This seems like a very suitable hybrid for the area. I'm hoping to move before next season to a place with more space. I did just a few small from seed plants this year for fun. I grew full time until moving to Eugene last summer and now work full time managing a Dispensary. I miss the hours with plants indoor and out. If I have a better spot next year I'd love to give this one a go!!!

Sure, no problem. Pm me when your ready. That dry bud shot is from a buddy of mine who grew it hydro with LED's.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm making mkob kush crosses. Check em out:

Mkob x Scooby snacks

Mkob x mick Jagger

Mkob x dawg walker og

Mkob x tangie

Mkob #2 f2

I also crossed mkob with pineapple express, killer kush, and some other dank phenos of mkob f1's.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I trimmed up some buds with the trim bag trimmer today for the first time. I'm happy with the quality :)

Mkob kush #2 is a heavy indica pheno leaning towards the Obama kush mother.

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Thats beautiful looking flower. I've heard great things about Mickey Kush for outdoor locally, looking forward to trying it myself.

Aota1

I finally tried some indoor Mickey Kush and really enjoyed it. Combining that with Obama seems great! Looking nice!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Thats beautiful looking flower. I've heard great things about Mickey Kush for outdoor locally, looking forward to trying it myself.

What have you herd? I haven't met anyone else who's grown it outdoor. There are some nice phenos to be had.

I finally tried some indoor Mickey Kush and really enjoyed it. Combining that with Obama seems great! Looking nice!

No bad phenos so far. But the f1s are producing all kinds of unique variations. I'm trying to lock down the early dank traits in f2's for next year. I have a mickey pheno that has Obama undertones that flowers early and that #2 pheno that Is Obama dominant that flowers early as well.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
My indoor grow is at 6.5 weeks flowering. I thought I'd take a couple pics of the mkob. They smell like sweet bubblegum and exotic grapes but not like grape syrup... I read on leafly that Obama kush is classified as grape smelling but its not like any grape I've ever smelled before. I just call it an exotic grape..lol

Mkob #1

Mkob # 5
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I have some mkob kush phenos I took photos of during their last day of week 8 in flowering. Here they are at 56 days. I'm going to let them go to 63 days because I like the herb extra ripe for headsmoke :canabis:

Mkob #3

Mkob #11

Mkob #7
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
This pheno here of mkob #6 is one of my least favorites but it still has some great qualities. Its a short and stalky mostly indica pheno that produces large mango smelling buds. The buds are less dense than the other phenos which I'm not a fan of. Its hard to complain though because the herb is a pleaser. It just doesn't quite have the qualities I'm looking for at the moment.

I made a batch of mkob seeds earlier this year that either came from mkob #2 or mkob #6 and I'm bummed because the two phenos have very distinct seperate qualities and I can't really use them until they are tested out now... :wallbash:

Mkob #6
picture.php

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Is that #6 photo also at 56 days? Looks pretty far along, but its got much less fade than the other females you posted.

Yeah, its at 56 days just like the rest. Your right about the fade not happening on this one. When I grew her outdoors she was ready to harvest around 56 days. She performed real well outdoors but didn't start flowering til late august so that's too late for my area. Surprisingly, She resisted bud rot really well in October.

Mkob #6 outdoors

The one on the left

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm thinking about referring to mkob as McCob and Macob as variations because it can be pronounced easier.

Here are some updated photos:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aota1

Peek at some mkob #7 and mkob x jager seedlings. Thanks Bradley! !! These are thick!

Attachments

• 20170205_105654.jpg
    20170205_105654.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170205_105544.jpg
    20170205_105544.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Latest posts