What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Step by step bubble cloner set up (good for newb cloners)

ganbino

Yes the spliting of the stem is pretty cool, I never heard of the split, but I do sometime sacrifices or take a slice of the stem off to create more surface area, but I only cut a few layers of skin, just until I see the white. it does seem to work, but I only used it on hard to clone strains.

This is an excellent thread
i am going to make my new cloner tomorrow.
Peace

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Ok, i got my last and final question. When is it ok to take them out put them into soil? My bubble cloner is working successfully. I got 3 out of 7 cuts with root nubs coming out of the stems already.. and its only been 6 days. I also noticed that the ones that weren't touching the water seems to have rooted quicker. But thats just my situation..

So is it cool to pop them into soil when they just have little root nubs started? Or should i actually wait until they are hanging down in the water? I guess roots are roots.. and it probably doesn't matter. But i don't want to damage them by planting them too early..

Awol/CoA

I'd personally wait until the root(s) are around 2-3cm/1in. in length.
Ofcourse one could pot them now, but I like to wait until I know it's
properly established some sort of root system before doing so.

PeAcE...
Awol.

Last edited:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Yeah, i hear ya.. I was thinking i should just wait a couple more days and then drop them into soil. I just wanted to take another couple cuts and free up the slots.. But your probably right about that. Should probably wait until they are bit longer..

Thanks for the feedback. :)

cortez

Hey everyone...Sorry i was away for the easter holiday and could not post.I got back and found my jack herer mother severly dehydrated...got stoned before i left and completely forgot about watering her.... yes i am a moron...what a good parent eh? Amazingly enough there is still some living shoots on the lower nodes...This is in the same ballpark as almost losing a pet that you had for 4 years! coco is an unforgiving medium when it is devoid of moisture.Also my camera craped out( drunken wife droped it) and my clones in the bubbler are starting to develop root nodes.All of them...Sportfarmer wait until those roots look like a fish's backbone before transplanting into soil.Tap roots are moisture and structure seekers only(imho).So on their own your taking a big chance when transplanting so early.Wait for the shoots that develop off the tap roots before you t/p into soil.DONT drown them with water.A nice gentle water is all you need.To deprive them of oxygen at this time will be an ultimate death sentence....Cortez

cortez

When all you people take your cuttings?How much excess foliage(fan feeder leaves)are you leaving on the cutting for the bubbler.(Some are needed and some are not).I have had more success with less leaves as opposed to more....anyone else?

bostrom155

Hey guys, well this is my third attempt at this, last summer it was just too hot and algae was killing me. Just got it hooked up

RuralRoute420

26 days now

26 days now

rez 70'F
light-4ft shoplite
nutes @ 600ppm
ph 5.5-6.0

i wonder how if this is going to be a nightmare, 2 different strains in 1 rez, the whole grow....the numbers seemed pretty close, hope it works...live&learn :chin:

2buds

Great thread!
Looks like a cheap build which always fits the budget. ;)
What about cuttings when she's already flowering. I got a purple#1 that is showing color early(my first) and I'd really like to take a cutting and make a mom out of it. So take cuttings or wait and reveg it after harvest?

Edit: After harvest meaning trim her up(you guys should like that one, and yes trimmed on top, shaved on bottom is better!):pointlaug a bit and flip the light back to a 18/6 time frame.

Last edited:

cortez

Hey everyone. Ive been real busy at work the past couple of days and had to do a spring cleaning in my flower room.Digicam is ready(in the shop) any day now so i'll have pics soon.All 4 clones in the heated bubbler are rooted and comming along nicely.10 days for the last one to root....The almost dead mother is almost ready to get a cutting or 2.An amazing recovery.Pot plants are troopers.RR420 those roots are insane dude...Those baby's are probably just inhaling water by the hour.2 buds welcome!I would wait and reveg.You will wait a long, long time for roots if you take cuttings in flower.The longer you are in flower the worse it will be.I'll post again when i get my damn camera back.(Very soon)...........Cortez

cortez

Hey bostrom155!Awesome job.That'll work!!! If you have a problem with algae,darken your container and change your water often.Don't add nutes or anything else to your water,Cuttings need oxygen and water only to root...when the roots come, then it's feeding time.

Last edited:
Looks like a great idea Cortez.

I am going to make one tomorrow!! So everyone is seeing results, thats great!!! It looks like everyone is seeing roots around 7-15 days

I will be the next one to build!!!

bostrom155

cortez said:
Hey bostrom155!Awesome job.That'll work!!! If you have a problem with algae,darken your container and change your water often.Don't add nutes or anything else to your water,Cuttings need oxygen and water only to root...when the roots come, then it's feeding time.

Thanks cortez, I think i might darken the container like u said i can feel a little slime on the sides? my temps are between 73-80. I'm going to change water often I bought two extra one to use to swap out containers to change water. I like your idea biught dont think i could do it without springing leaks. I have the little heater going like 7 watts or something, thinking of using a timer for it, just to heat during the day, and off at night.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Ive had 100% success with mine so far.. even with tiny clones. So i wont be buying anymore solutions.. Waste of money.. All it takes is about 40 bucks from walmart, 1 time and your good to go.. Ill get some pics of mine.. :)

Thanks for this thread.. Works wonders. :)

RuralRoute420

keep those temps up - 80'F is great if you can get it. when you get decent ROOTS, kill the heat, and drop the temps to below 72'F....

glad the trays will be ready for these this weekend, getting a little out of hand. i just bend over the tallest ones, to try to keep the uniform, but it seems useless

Last edited:

cortez

RR 420: Is there a container in there somewhere?It appears you have a bunch of grean leafy monsters in that bub tub!I've looked back at your day 20 post and notice an incredible difference.They look like they could almost be topped.. he he!Thanks for the heads up on lowering temps after rooting.I noticed in the heated water(82'F)the roots slowed down a bit compared to un-heated.In the unheated water you could almost watch the roots grow....thats always fun!!!..Sportfarmer glad i could help.Pass the info far and wide.

Last edited:
G

Thanks for the tutorial guys I made my cloner just 2 days ago. I'm running the 20/60 bubbler with 1 bubble wand and an extra bubble stone for mad bubbles everywhere. I bought a heater from a buddy that you can dial right in to any temp from 65-95 so she's set right at 84.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Yup, its easy money. + No brainier.. :D

OK finally snapped some shots of my little bubbler.. Mines small and only does 6 at a time.. But Ive pimped mine out a bit more then normal. Works great 100% success for me so far. :)

The girl in the rockwool is waiting in line. :D Thats a trainwreck cut.